10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seexy View Post
    may sound stupid, but I heard somewhere that we will earn a boom boxes for every day we play a beta, I didn't receive mine ??
    We earn them at launch

Deleted
    One of my friends asks where he can get an open beta key (he didnt play before), and googling it doesnt help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    One of my friends asks where he can get an open beta key (he didnt play before), and googling it doesnt help either.
    Really? I googled Wildstar Open Beta and the second hit on the first page had all the information.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Name reserving opens on 13th May but still no list of servers yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like your friend doesn't know how to use google, but it's open beta tomorrow, so there will be no keys now. The past 5-10 beta weekends, it's been simple to get a key through google.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Really? I googled Wildstar Open Beta and the second hit on the first page had all the information.
    Yes, really. All I find are the blog posts in various lenguages, with the lack of clear information on how to opt in as someone who didnt play yet. Five sites further I've read that you've to go on a new beta page and generate a key for your account, but without the link to said page.

Yes, really. All I find are the blog posts in various lenguages, with the lack of clear information on how to opt in as someone who didnt play yet. Five sites further I've read that you've to go on a new beta page and generate a key for your account, but without the link to said page.
    Probably because it's not May 8th yet.

From May 8th to May 18th, you will be able to visit our Open Beta page to request a key
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...-coming-may-8/

Reading is hard.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I could give the open-beta a swing to see if my lvl32 Esper from the beta-weekends before the pre-order ones is still there :P

Kinda want to test some stuff out but not gonna bother leveling again until launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any word on what the time is going to be when open-beta goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Any word on what the time is going to be when open-beta goes live?
    Weekends have been opening up at 7:59am PST

I assume the same for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I guess I could give the open-beta a swing to see if my lvl32 Esper from the beta-weekends before the pre-order ones is still there :P

Kinda want to test some stuff out but not gonna bother leveling again until launch.
    Not sure. My first beta weekend I couldn't find anymore. Maybe it was on a different server. It was before the UI 2.0 overhaul. These last few beta weekends I have kept my characters... soo yeah.

The cap is 30 so most likely no.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Name reserving opens on 13th May but still no list of servers yet.
    The servers they have now are the same servers they will have at launch. You can visit the forums and see them listed. Nexus is being renamed, but the others are all as is. They will add more as needed after launch.
    BAD WOLF

wonder what a good eu server will be, wanna roll on high/locked server rather then low/medium
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    The french post stated that these servers are only here for the open beta and are not to be seen as names for launch or as a final list for launch.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Looking forward to the Open Beta on the 8th. Have watched the majority of the vids out for Wild Star and I haven't been this excited for an MMO in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    wonder what a good eu server will be, wanna roll on high/locked server rather then low/medium
    Posts like this are proof that no one wants to roll on a dead/low-pop/imbalanced server. Come launch everyone will be asking which servers are popular and which are not. The poor saps who choose "the wrong server" will be doomed to an existence of poor gameplay experience until Carbine decide to do something about it.

I don't understand why Wildstar still has us play "choose the server" minigame. C'mon this is 2014, and modern MMOs should all embrace the megaserver technology or some adaptation of it. The whole pick a server from the server list should be an outdated concept by now.

Look at WoW where so many people have wasted so much money on paid server transfers, only to find out months down the line their new home isn't high-pop anymore. Look at the forums flooded with posts by people in dead/low-pop servers begging to be connected. Or look at SWTOR where it underwent the painful period of massive mergers from their hundred servers to a handful.

Games like EVE, TSW, ESO, and now GW2 are all adopting the megaserver technology, with very positive results. The only semi-compelling argument I have seen against it is the "sense of community" is diminished, but even this is a very subjective and blurry argument and does not offset the advantages of improved grouping and seeing more people around rather than ghost towns.
    Last edited by corebit; 2014-05-07 at 01:35 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, calm down...there's only like 6 servers at this point and only one of them are PvP. They also have cross realm groups for instanced content. Start worrying when they open 30 new servers in the first week b/c of the influx of players. Until then, it's probably safe to say any server you choose is going to be fine. Circles and cross realm groups exist to mitigate some of the potential flaws in shards.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I see Mordesh more as like Lawful Evil. Like that quest where you have to pickup pieces of dead Aurins so that they can piece one together just to see what happens, so they can learn something new.
    IDK, that's the impression that I got from that quest anyways. Pursuit of knowledge at any cost.
    I didn't get very far with my Mordesh because I was leveling with a friend who didn't get very far and I enjoy my Stalker more so I haven't done many of the Mordesh starting quests. But in that case I'm not entirely sure that's actually evil. I mean it's disturbing but that doesn't equate to being evil. I mean if the purpose of them doing it was to create monster to use as weapons or something that would be more evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethrysa View Post
    In the Auroria questline, the Exiles poison a town full of innocent Dominion civilians, killing many in the process, and the Dominion player has to work to find and distribute a cure. Or something.

I only quested as Dominion up to level 17 during the first preorder weekend before rerolling Exile, so I'm sure others who have quested through Whitevale (or higher) will be able to provide more examples. The Exiles aren't total "goody two-shoes" though.
    There are no innocent Dominion!

But that's interesting. I hope they don't only show the other faction being evil to the opposite faction, that would be boring. I'd like it better if the players got to see their faction making questionable choices as well and stuff, though I suppose in a MMO playing that out would be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    We earn them at launch
    More technically, you earn boomboxes during beta and receive them at launch. I don't know if they are still earnable during open beta as well, I guess they are but I haven't seen anything confirming one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    It should still be there, I don't think you'll be able to level any higher though.