Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Never read that Kitty, never heard it, never saw it. Not that I don't believe you but if you can find a source for griefing like that (especially as it is really difficult to grief in the game) than I'd appreciate it.
    Eh I have actually accidentally done that to people before. I used to do all my events in the Norn starting area because I knew them and knew the timing of them really well. It wasn't until I two shot the Broodmother and looked up to see a bunch of low levels had been running over that I realized I was kind of screwing things up for them. I wouldn't doubt there are some people out there who do it maliciously though.

As for the Mentoring system in Wildstar, it seems interesting. I think some people might do it because they like doing those sorts of things. However, I think most often it would be used by higher level people who have friends starting later than them.

Deleted
    So this round of keys is done. But I guess the good news is they weren't for the stress test, which will have a lot more keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the undead exile race in in the 7th link?!

Deleted
    WTB invite
    Damn spam box won't give it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Is that the undead exile race in in the 7th link?!
    Supposedly, that's just a local npc/mob race in the Crimson Isle zone.

Deleted
    That said, there’s always a chance that your precious ore will grow legs and sprint off, or turn out to be a massive worm. Part of this randomness is because it’s apparently fun to be eaten by a giant ore monster and transported to a pocket dungeon where you have limited time to hack off as much ore as you can before it spits you out. The other part is because we’re told it’s tough to code a farming bot that can handle being eaten.

Hehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it actually take the get a beta invite? Kind of annoying to have signed up for beta's for years and never actually gotten an invite...

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    What does it actually take the get a beta invite? Kind of annoying to have signed up for beta's for years and never actually gotten an invite...
    That's kinda like saying you've bought a lotto ticket every week and havn't won the lotto, it's random who they sent invites out to I havn't been in any beta other than the guaranteed MoP beta from the annual pass.

I normally receive beta invites for the games I sign up for, one of the benefits from having high end systems I guess. Not sure if it is NDA breaking to say that you are in beta or not so won't comment on that now.

It's good to see they released the beta notes publically this time though. I hate NDA breakers, they always have to leak something, slowing down everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    That said, there’s always a chance that your precious ore will grow legs and sprint off, or turn out to be a massive worm. Part of this randomness is because it’s apparently fun to be eaten by a giant ore monster and transported to a pocket dungeon where you have limited time to hack off as much ore as you can before it spits you out. The other part is because we’re told it’s tough to code a farming bot that can handle being eaten.

Hehehe

That is Motherfuckin GENIUS
    Twas brillig

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    GENIUS
    Mm hmm. Rift did a similar thing a few months back to combat fishing bots, though nowhere near as creative and rewarding as this. Though we'd be naive to think that there won't be bots that can wtfpwn the treasure cave on top of normal ore farming.
    BAD WOLF

There's gonna be bots, you can't really stop them completely. Carbine is trying to do more to combat botting which is great.

With that random node system they got, It will probably be even easier to spot a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I normally receive beta invites for the games I sign up for, one of the benefits from having high end systems I guess. Not sure if it is NDA breaking to say that you are in beta or not so won't comment on that now.

It's good to see they released the beta notes publically this time though. I hate NDA breakers, they always have to leak something, slowing down everything.
    Yeah you pretty much said that you are, but who cares really.
    And about high end pc's, mine is far from being a crap also, yet never had a beta invite anywhere. I bet it's more because of a country and not a pc you playing at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Yeah you pretty much said that you are, but who cares really.
    And about high end pc's, mine is far from being a crap also, yet never had a beta invite anywhere. I bet it's more because of a country and not a pc you playing at.
    Well its often both. Last I recall the server is actually in Houston. So appers that are in the continental United States and who filled out the survey in February with high end specs were more likely to get invites. Then you got the luck of the draw mixed in too.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not good. I built my new computer after I had filled out the survey and my old comp was a piece of crap. My new comp is much better, but I cannot put my specs into the beta invite anymore. I hope this doesn't preclude me from getting a beta invite. Guess I'll have to just wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    This is not good. I built my new computer after I had filled out the survey and my old comp was a piece of crap. My new comp is much better, but I cannot put my specs into the beta invite anymore. I hope this doesn't preclude me from getting a beta invite. Guess I'll have to just wait and see.
    Just make a new entry, wither with the same email or a new one.

I don't think some people get that they don't really focus on how good your PC is most of the time it's random and they usually pick all different types of systems to see if they can run the game, having a super computer won't guarantee you a beta invite..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    I don't think some people get that they don't really focus on how good your PC is most of the time it's random and they usually pick all different types of systems to see if they can run the game, having a super computer won't guarantee you a beta invite..
    Having calculator won't help

And I imagine they let people with better PC's in earlier, before they optimize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    That is Motherfuckin GENIUS
    Runescape has this. It's not really that efficient. They just auto rez and go to the next one.