10+ Year Old Account
    I've read that WildStar's Closed Beta has an NDA that doesn't even let you say you got an invite.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 07:41 PM ----------

From: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04...-beta-testing/

Saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words," the WildStar team has posted a picture of the team with the caption of "IT HAS BEGUN" in obvious reference to beta testing.

Yesterday, the team foreshadowed the onset of testing by tweeting, "We had Chinese food for lunch today, and our fortune cookie read: The person that keeps an eye on their spam filter will surely be rewarded."

Players interested in participating in WildStar's beta can sign up on the official site.

Update: A representative of Carbine Studios emailed us saying, "We have already seen a phenomenal response from our fans and are looking to continually add thousands of players throughout closed beta test 1 to come check out the great content we've been talking about for months. Our closed beta testing process is not a typical weekend event, but instead it will last for several weeks, giving players ample time to come in and check out the factions, races and classes they may choose to play when WildStar launches later this year."
    Reads to me like Closed Beta will be broken up into phases.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-11 at 12:45 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Pretty much what you said SirRobin, there was a comment on facebook that more or less said the same thing.

Deleted
    What wouldnt I do for a beta invite? But since I am from EU and not US I will have to wait.

Deleted
    hmmm.... US is getting keys only for now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    hmmm.... US is getting keys only for now?
    If it is , that sucks =(

Deleted
    as far as i'm aware both EU and US are getting key's.

10+ Year Old Account
    From reddit if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/com...ts_out/c9cliu5

Quote Originally Posted by CRB_Atreid
    Hey guys,
    Just thought I'd come here to comment on few things:
    • 1 - yes, the beta started
    • 2 - No, you cannot say if you are part of it
    • 3 - Several beta invites waves will be sent, so far only a small wave was sent
    Hope it helps!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the only reason they have for not allowing people to say they are in it is to prevent more potential leaks. Other than that I don't really see a point in preventing people from saying they are in beta. Though given gaming culture, that reason is a pretty significant one.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I guess the only reason they have for not allowing people to say they are in it is to prevent more potential leaks. Other than that I don't really see a point in preventing people from saying they are in beta. Though given gaming culture, that reason is a pretty significant one.
    I can see where they are coming from but the leaks, that I can recall offhand, came from folks who decided to leak. NDA be damned. Restricting people from even admitting they are in the Beta in the first place? Adds another level of anonymity that "might" actually encourage, instead of discourage, leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    It's kind of odd that Wildstar is trying to gain a hardcore audience(40 man raids) with the very cartoony graphic style of the game.
    Say all you want about WoW being cartoony, but it's not as cartoony as Wildstar.
    40 man raids? Are they nuts?

I've said this for GW2 and I'll say it here: reading about new MMOs is depressing, it's like 8 years of hard-won knowledge and game-design experience, from the failed experiments already tried in WoW, have been either forgotten or thrown out the window.

It's like waking up in Nov 2004.

As for cartoony graphics: LoL. Very serious game.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-04-11 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I've said this for GW2 and I'll say it here: reading about new MMOs is depressing, it's like 8 years of hard-won knowledge and game-design experience, from the failed experiments already tried in WoW, have been either forgotten or thrown out the window.

It's like waking up in Nov 2004.

As for cartoony graphics: LoL. Very serious game.
    Or they're trying to do something differently rather than just copy what WoW does and be called another WoW clone. You know. That too.

And stylized graphics make a non-serious game? I'll remember that the next time I play CoD and have to listen to some 10 year olds screaming over their mics. Protip: The most popular MMO has stylized art.

40 man raids... I hope they can pull it off. I really do but that's a crap ton of people to manage.
    Combat system is my biggest concern right now. Hope I get in the beta at some point to try it for myself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh...

Just heard about this.
    Team WildStar ‏@Team_WildStar 5h
    @rasmustindborg We followed up with a survey, and used that information to help us pick some initial testers.
    Apparently there was a survey we were also supposed to fill out. Also apparently some folks, including me, either didn't get it or missed it... Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

And stylized graphics make a non-serious game? I'll remember that the next time I play CoD and have to listen to some 10 year olds screaming over their mics. Protip: The most popular MMO has stylized art.
    Indeed most mmos have stylized art. Very few go for realism. Only one I can really think of that does is Planetside 2.

I have an analogy for the situation with new mmo's and gamers. Feel free to not read it though because I mean I am not communicating anything important or new

So I know someone who was mussing about how it's hard to meet women in your 30's. A female posted on his wall "Just be yourself and be nice really nice and giving and I'm sure you'll find someone great". The problem here is every chick I have ever met who has said that's what she wants in a guy, when they actually meet someone that meets those requirements their reaction is "he's such a pushover, I can't really think of him as a man".

It's the same thing with soooo many mmo players. They have this list of things that they think mmo's should be, and when they get that they aren't happy with it and complain. So basically gamers are like chicks who don't really know what they want

On topic though... we should really resign ourselves to be ready for the whole "this game isn't enough like wow, it's awful" because it'll happen :/ And yea I still really don't get the whole cartoony animations means it's a kids game and isn't serious line of thinking. I keep trying to understand it but it doesn't hold up with reality at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Apparently there was a survey we were also supposed to fill out. Also apparently some folks, including me, either didn't get it or missed it... Bummer.
    Yep, I never got the email either. I've saved all the emails from them and that wasn't one of them. Blargh.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Uh oh...

Just heard about this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I never got a survey

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but maybe it's just me but its the cartoony style graphics that are attracting me to this game. I think it looks fantastic.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I never got a survey
    Do they mean the survey you filled out when you registered? Was there one? I don't even remember at this point... Too many betas.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    In case you submitted an app but never got the survey.

Here is the link to it.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WildStarPreBeta

Hate it when crap like that happens.