Thread: Disc maths

Disc maths

Hi all,

I had a pretty simple question I wanted to answer: how much more throughput does bubble bot raid healing get than standard disc raid healing? How does bubble botting compare to PoH healing in terms of HPCT/HPM, in quantifiable terms?

This turned into something a fair bit more complicated, but I got my answer. Bubble botting, at best, nets 11% raw throughput over standard raid healing at a 25% efficiency loss. It probably pulls ahead a little bit farther in a real parse, though, because shields aren't subject to overheal (if you are clever, anyway).

This spreadsheet accounts for HST, raidbuffs, MST on aegis from crits, grace and renewed hope, the works. It also tries to figure in rapture and IF, but a simulator would be better for that.

Silly of me to make this, i guess, since there are plenty of sims out there. But maybe someone can find more use for it: DISC HPM HPCT
    Been working on it a couple weeks, took a little bit more work than the one I made for holy

Ura math. But, honestly, this doesn't surprise me... and it shouldn't surprise anyone. There is a reason why "top" players wanted viable bubble-botting. It's flatly the most game changing thing any healer can do over the course of a raid. It is also the reason why the developers put a fork in it.

No, I know you can't sustain bubblebot.

Where this does becomes useful is here: I'm full blown AoE output and struggling to keep the raid up with rapture on cooldown. How much more can I possibly get when I move on to my absolute maximum hps rotation abusing borrowed time (shield poh shield poh shield poh)? A little bit, not much. And it dumps way more mana.

You can still bubble bot for short bursts when AoE gets out of control, it's just not sustainable for very long. I wanted to know how much extra spike I actually get by doing this. Useful knowledge for people trying to cut back on the number of healers in their raid group.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-08-16 at 06:34 PM.

have you tried atonement? i dont really understand tables like that one you posted >.< but isnt penance our highest HPS heal along with getting grace up to 3 stacks thus making it even better then a PoH? so something like penance(on cd)->PWS->PoH i dont have any math behind it being better but i would think 14 seconds of grace with net u aleast 2 PoH on the target even if you are in a 25m

o.o PoH does way more hps than penance, and higher HPM too.

Usually still mix in penance during aoe spam though because that grace stack actually improves your PoH enough to almost make up for it. Only cut penance to spike up ~1k higher at a slight effic loss.

And I have tried atonement, gave it a really hard try in fact. It seems really amazing for raiding, on paper, but it's kind of a fact that FL encounters aren't allowing max use of AA. You need to be able to pop wings early on during ramping-up AoE, then have enough slack time to build stacks again. FL encounters don't work this way. Usually the best you can do is save the AA wings as long as possible then pop them once during any given AoE phase as your first in a series of throughput cooldowns. Pretty suboptimal.

I'm finding much better use of SoS, even raid healing. Doesn't seem like it would be good, but heal and gheal spread grace - atonement doesn't. I'm seeing my crit several points higher in SoS spec than in AA spec, and that's making a pretty big difference.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-08-16 at 10:32 PM.