Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Oh come on.. It's not being childish, it's just satire, being in competition and all that shit you know.
    Competition is fine but how many mindless fanboys just go "HERP DERP BF3 IS BETTER LOOK AT THE TRAILER IT SLAMS MW3!!"? It's childish and it fuels a response that the community doesn't need. The game literally did not need to say that to sell. I'm done talking about it. Forget I ever mentioned it because my opinion wont change.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    During my lunch break and then after work i will play, but only if you run away from my ammo
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I'll join you guys in 2 weeks as Support >_>

Deal!

Well honestly you are gonna get the same thing whenever you get direct competition and just like rift is a direct competition for wow BF3 is a direct competition for MW3. I dont think its that big a deal but than BF3 has more to prove than MW3 as call of duty is currently the king of the hill and BF3 has to take it down or try to take it on. I think they both look good but form video's I have seen the rendering/graphics in BF3 look better than modern warfare (I could be wrong or watching the wrong video's). Plus I like the addition of support vehicles ect. I do like the current setup for modern warfare and being able to customize your individual perks ect more but BF3 seems to try something a little less "been done" than modern warfare. I would like to try them all but will probably start with BF3.

Considering the last proper BF game was BF2 some years ago I can see them wanting to call attention to BF3 by taking shots at CoD directly, and there will be a lot of gamers who have never experienced BF2 and only know Battlefield via the Bad Company games.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Competition is fine but how many mindless fanboys just go "HERP DERP BF3 IS BETTER LOOK AT THE TRAILER IT SLAMS MW3!!"? It's childish and it fuels a response that the community doesn't need. The game literally did not need to say that to sell. I'm done talking about it. Forget I ever mentioned it because my opinion wont change.
    I agree lots of people are childish, kinda old news
    anyways, some other fresh screenshots:
    http://piclair.com/data/l7xe1.jpg
    http://piclair.com/data/7gwgq.jpg
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6...29fa392806.png
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/111...64d9757a4f.png
    Personally, I love the new menu style.
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2011-09-26 at 06:42 PM.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Has anyone received their beta key yet? I pre-ordered via Origin.

Unfortunately () my graphic card died today.... My sweet ol' GeForce 250 GTS which lasted me for an eternity.. So yeah, I went and got myself a GTX 560 so I can run this beauty on (hopefully) pretty high settings, since my processor etc are pretty damn good still (4gb ram, Q9550 @ 2.87 ghz, I dont know how to overclock).

One question though... I installed those Beta drivers from nvidia a few days ago, those that are said to improve BF3 performance.. But I got a disc from MSI along with the graphic card, should I go ahead and install those or am I fine with the drivers I've got right now?

I infact havent installed anything yet after plugging in my new card.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

Unfortunately () my graphic card died today.... My sweet ol' GeForce 250 GTS which lasted me for an eternity.. So yeah, I went and got myself a GTX 560 so I can run this beauty on (hopefully) pretty high settings, since my processor etc are pretty damn good still (4gb ram, Q9550 @ 2.87 ghz, I dont know how to overclock).

One question though... I installed those Beta drivers from nvidia a few days ago, those that are said to improve BF3 performance.. But I got a disc from MSI along with the graphic card, should I go ahead and install those or am I fine with the drivers I've got right now?

Keep the ones you downloaded as they are more recent hence up to date.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Did you get a GTX 560TI and not the regular GTX 560? Make sure you order the right one!
    I'm still thinking about it...

No, the stuff on the disc is probably extremely outdated. You should be fine with those Beta drivers, no need for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Did you get a GTX 560TI and not the regular GTX 560? Make sure you order the right one!
    I have the GTX 560.. :S

I found 150 euros for a graphic card enough... Since the GTX 560 TI is 220.. How do you mean the 'right' one?
    Last edited by aevitas; 2011-09-26 at 06:58 PM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

I agree lots of people are childish, kinda old news
    anyways, some other fresh screenshots:
    http://piclair.com/data/l7xe1.jpg
    http://piclair.com/data/7gwgq.jpg
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6...29fa392806.png
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/111...64d9757a4f.png
    Personally, I love the new menu style.
    The new menu style is great!!! Thanks for the pics. Quenching my hunger until tomorrow.... wait, can you quench hunger? Maybe if it was is smoothie?

For who's been wondering about zoom being only with held button, like me, here's some cool proof, http://i.imgur.com/qJIWTh.jpg
    Anyway, 20 other screenshots over Battlefieldo showing Operation Metro got a radical change, mcoms are moved far from the defenders, the whole road with bridges is now a dirt road, etc.

uhhhggg freaking /SIGH at EA taking pot shots at MW3. So childish. The video was great until they pulled a Rift.
    I honestly thought you were going to cry right here..like, I pictured it in my head, I'm not kidding/trolling.

Stop bringing up COD or I'll go over to your MW3 thread and stir up some bees.

Appreciate the game, the art and the hard work DICE went through to set the bar this high for FPS War Shooters. I loved COD but it's gone down hill over the last few years. Hopefully BF3 will be a wake-up call and COD will come back with a vengeance next year. Hopefully with a brand new engine and a PC version all to its own.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 03:52 PM ----------

Are these your ss's? Who the hell plays with motion blur on in a MP game? I understand it adds a certain feel to the game in SP but for MP it's definitely a crutch.

Be nice.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-09-26 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An ingame FOV toggle, YES YES YES!! So sick and tired of shooters not having this ingame and having to edit .txt files. Low FOV = completely ruins my game
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
    I honestly thought you were going to cry right here..like, I pictured it in my head, I'm not kidding/trolling.

Stop bringing up COD or I'll go over to your MW3 thread and stir up some bees.

Appreciate the game, the art and the hard work DICE went through to set the bar this high for FPS War Shooters. I loved COD but it's gone down hill over the last few years. Hopefully BF3 will be a wake-up call and COD will come back with a vengeance next year. Hopefully with a brand new engine and a PC version all to its own.

Relax man, it wasn't to the extent that you're making it. I already said drop it, and feel free to come to the MW3 thread, I'm not here fanboying it, I'm just keeping my opinions about BF3 real. Threatening to come into the other thread effects me absolutely NONE.

And yes!!!!!!! FOV!!!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Looks amazing... But woop woop another fps...zzz

<Mod Edit: Constructive posts only>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-09-26 at 09:24 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    I like both games, a lot. I just don't like when the company fuels the fanboy fire and stirs the exact OPPOSITE type of behavior that should be going on in the gaming industry. There is already enough of that douchery between fanboys.
    All companies do this, it's part of business. No reason to come in here and get mad over it when you know very well that people are going to tell you not to stir stuff up between the games
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    All companies do this, it's part of business. No reason to come in here and get mad over it when you know very well that people are going to tell you not to stir stuff up between the games
    I think there is a misunderstanding. I liked the video I just stated that I thought the end part was childish. It's not like I came to this thread specifically, all of a sudden, to comment on that video to stir things up because I got mad. I'm not mad. I'm not crying. I voiced an opinion about the video that was posted. If voicing a small opinion about something in a video about the game of the topic is wrong, then I'm wrong. Because that's all I did. It wasn't some rage/tear fueled post by a MW3 fanboy out of nowhere to start a fight.

What happened is, instead of having a conversation about it, I was treated like I was crying or mad or slamming it, when in fact I wasn't doing any of that. I said I didn't like the quip at the end, period.

Just an FYI, I am a graphic designer that works in the advertising industry, I know how advertising works. And from my point of view the only people that quip goes out to is BF3 fans. It's not like that tag line at the end suddenly changed people's minds about which game to buy or somehow swayed someone who was on the fence. It was a stroke the fans tag line and in my opinion, childish and not needed especially with the amount of that already going on by the community.

Now this conversation has gone way way off the mark since for some reason I needed to be scolded by a mod after someone told me I was crying. Who is stirring what here? A guy stating an opinion about a video (who is a BF3 fan) or a guy telling another poster his opinion is "crying and can see the tears"? Yeah wonderful amounts of understanding and fairness.

Can we seriously just drop it now? Like I asked the last 3 times it was continued to be brought up?

If it comes up again... ignore it? Be the bigger man.

Are these your ss's? Who the hell plays with motion blur on in a MP game? I understand it adds a certain feel to the game in SP but for MP it's definitely a crutch[/COLOR]
    No they're not my ss's, taken from another forum I'm in

ps: http://www.own3d.tv/Coci#/live/126950 Beta stream.

No they're not my ss's, taken from another forum I'm in

ps: http://www.own3d.tv/Coci#/live/126950 Beta stream.
    Well ty for the pics even if they aren't yours. It's welcomed.

If it comes up again... ignore it? Be the bigger man.
    Roger roger. I have a really hard time not responding to people replying to me. I should learn how though.