Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Serio?

If that's all there is (I'm hoping it's not), why on earth would they neuter the comma rose? I don't get it, that was one of the best features of the game (I'm speaking from BF2 standpoint).

my god the jet stage..........

I am Murloc!
    Does the VPN route unlock SP?

Field Marshal
    Just got a email that said pre-order release date was changed to the 24th. ughh i want to playyy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Does the VPN route unlock SP?
    Yes, it unlocks everything. I gave in and did it myself 1 hour ago

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yes, it unlocks everything. I gave in and did it myself 1 hour ago
    Just did so myself. Fricking loving it.

You dont even have to VPN. Just do the cp>internet options thingy. It worked fine for me.

I am Murloc!
    Okay, nevermind the gameplay of the jet mission . . . . . I just about crapped my pants before takeoff.

Yeah.... wait until you miss a quicktime event and get executed in a very realistic and horrific way.

Speaking of quicktime events..... seems like MW3 isn't the only campaign using such things anymore, not that Im complaining, I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Yeah.... wait until you miss a quicktime event and get executed in a very realistic and horrific way.

Speaking of quicktime events..... seems like MW3 isn't the only campaign using such things anymore, not that Im complaining, I like them.
    Wait...really? Quicktime events?

Damnit, why don't developers understand that they are about as interesting as slamming sticking your head into a bag of angry wolverines.

So I got this email

But the release checker still denies me ...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Wait...really? Quicktime events?

Damnit, why don't developers understand that they are about as interesting as slamming sticking your head into a bag of angry wolverines.
    There is A LOT of quicktime events. The entire first mission is shoot, quicktime, shoot, shoot, quicktime. After that you get like 5-7 quick times per stage so far. Again, not a bad thing for me, I like them. Also, failing at them is rewarding in a visual way.

Georgevon hop on vent with me, ill get you playing.

Retarded they release it 1 day earlier, but only for those who bought it through Origin...
    http://battlefieldo.com/bf3-launch-changed-to-today/

Wonder if this will happen in EU etc also?

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

I am Murloc!
    Luckily, the quicktime events are nothing more than 1-2 key presses. They are more of quick movie than they are a quicktime event.

Other than those few breakups (I've played just past the jet level), the SP is near perfect.

The MP is near flawless as well. My major issue of the hit detection seems fixed.

The first mission is more of a playable cinematic. You don't do much, it introduces you to the plot, etc.

Quicktime events in BF3 are how a couple of melee encounters per mission are handled. Not a huge fan, but I don't see another good way to handle melee either. Knifing isn't particularly compelling. And like has been said, it's not so much "smash the button until you pop a knife out of your chest!" Just timing - you press the key in time or you die.

@kliffharry: it was "released" one day early because a sizable number of players have been able to access the game for most of the day. I got in around 10-11 AM this morning.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2011-10-25 at 12:02 AM.

Looks like there´s ton of people who used that early access thing, our clan server has been full for 6 hours now.
    Loving everything about the game.

Ps. JustintimeSS sorry I did not respond to your PM, only just noticed it and you seem to have figured out what to do
    All glory, all honor
    Victory is upon us
    Our savior, fight evil
    Send armies to defend us

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    The first mission is more of a playable cinematic. You don't do much, it introduces you to the plot, etc.

Quicktime events in BF3 are how a couple of melee encounters per mission are handled. Not a huge fan, but I don't see another good way to handle melee either. Knifing isn't particularly compelling. And like has been said, it's not so much "smash the button until you pop a knife out of your chest!" Just timing - you press the key in time or you die.

@kliffharry: it was "released" one day early because a sizable number of players have been able to access the game for most of the day. I got in around 10-11 AM this morning.
    The release date checker doesn't let me in though... how do we get in?

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 12:58 AM ----------

Just got off the phone with Origin Customer service... The email was a mistake according to them. Release is still the 25th

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Cyrex View Post
    The release date checker doesn't let me in though... how do we get in?

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 12:58 AM ----------

Just got off the phone with Origin Customer service... The email was a mistake according to them. Release is still the 25th
    There are a few ways to access. None of them really all that secure.

Also: http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/st...42181559500800

OK so I got to the battlelog but anything I try to do just loads and loads and does nothing!