Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Profession Trainers gold for skill ups till 300...its time.

Ugh god how sweet would it be I dont care if its 10 gold for one skill up just being able to skip the old world proff grind with gold would be the best thing ever....ever

What do you think?

I think you're lazy.

You can already do this using the AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmymac View Post
    You can already do this using the AH
    I was going to say exactly that.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Moving this to the Profession forums.

which would kill the economy even more for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    I think you're lazy.
    Wanting to spend less time Sitting at my computer grinding makes me lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by nightsrage123 View Post
    No, wanting to spend gold instead of actually leveling the profession does.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    No, wanting to spend gold instead of actually leveling the profession does.
    Ok well....I had to work for the gold didnt I? I just have alot of alts and alot of Heirlooms and I hate being in Outlands and having to go into the old world to grind herbs or ore so shoot me

Blizzard need to redo low levels of particularly crafting profs much in the same way as they redid low level questing. some items are just retardedly complex to make for their value.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

You can buy mats for most on the ah.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    which would kill the economy even more for new players.
    WHAT new players. When was the last time you saw someone leveling without heirlooms. WoW is losing subscribers the people who are still playing are the ones who have been playing for a long time and I for one am sick to spend 5 hours for every char to get a profession up to 525 on 4 different chars even though gold is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    Blizzard need to redo low levels of particularly crafting profs much in the same way as they redid low level questing. some items are just retardedly complex to make for their value.
    Yeah I agree esp the ones where your at the mercy of a random drop to make a enchanting rod or something cause no one does the quests anymore and you cant get the stuff from the AH

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    WHAT new players. When was the last time you saw someone leveling without heirlooms. WoW is losing subscribers the people who are still playing are the ones who have been playing for a long time and I for one am sick to spend 5 hours for every char to get a profession up to 525 on 4 different chars even though gold is not a problem.
    And what if i create a new char on a new server ?

They should let people buy points up to 450 IMO. Outland herbs don't exist on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you going to spend that time doing, watching tv?

Professions aren't mandatory. You don't have to have one of each profession on your account. If you have a problem putting in the ~20 minutes of "effort" on a decently populated realm to look up a leveling guide, buy all the crap it lists, and then make the stuff then you probably shouldn't even be playing WoW. If you can't handle the limited amount of time it takes to level non-collection professions, how do you raid? How do you do your dailies? How do you do your daily/weekly heroics?

No, you're just lazy. Why not make it so you can pay gold or real money for levels, gear, professions, achievements, mounts, pets, etc. Why even play the game when clearly the grinding set up of WoW isn't what you are looking for?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hardly call it a grind... nowadays leveling professions is easily done, even not buying things from the AH. You want to see what's a grind? try the FoS Insane on the membrane, or for bonus points any korean MMO.

Ok well....I had to work for the gold didnt I? I just have alot of alts and alot of Heirlooms and I hate being in Outlands and having to go into the old world to grind herbs or ore so shoot me
    If you could buy skillups to 300, you'd still need to go to Outland.

Buy crap off of the AH. Use it to skill up. There you go, you just skilled up without leaving Stormwind/Orgrimmar while wasting a small handful of gold. Doesn't need to be easier, to be honest. This change would essentially change the value of all low level crafting mats to that of Fish Oil and Light Feathers.

Which, by the way, would make gold making INCREDIBLY hard for new players.

This is an MMO, it's the nature of the game and always will be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Actually in my experience, it is the ones that have been playing for years that are leaving in droves. Why do you need to get professions to 525 on 4 characters? Are you raiding on 4 characters to make those minimal stat increases worthwhile? Gold isn't an issue so why do you need collection professions? Professions aren't mandatory. Stop whining about them. None of them give such a significant advantage that you simply can't play the game without them. This isn't BC when some profs like Weaponsmithing gave you gear that was incredibly powerful. Outside of the minimal stat boost and the gold making potential, there is no reason at all to have professions in WoW anymore.