Thread: Reputation

I know it has been mentioned before and usually gets a response of "we are considering it" or some equivalent, but I really think that MMO-C would benefit from a forum rep system, likely with some limitations such as:

Only logged in users can up or down vote a post.
    A user cannot up or down vote their own post.
    A user cannot up or down vote the same post more than once.
    A user cannot up or down vote the same user in quick succession (say within 15 minutes of last vote for/against that user)
    A user must have a certain number of posts/certain rep level to vote up/down (possibly higher requirements for down voting)

Limitations are only an idea, and I borrowed most of them in some form from other forums, mostly the stack exchange sites and city-data.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    This has been discussed a lot here... People would just start "liking" or "rep" posts/users they agree with, not the well written post about why combat rogues need a buff, with the post containing valid points, a lot of theorycrafting and arguments.

Player 1 hates combat rogues. He suck badly at pvp and hate stun more than everything else.

[player 2] hey guys, combat rogues need x abilities to help them in y situations. Here are some theory.
    [player 3] Lol no, they're fine... IMO they should nerfes anyways...

Guess which post player 1 would rep/like...
    Last edited by mmocf48d514961; 2011-08-24 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Not at this time, although eventually we would like some sort of upvote system.. still don't know exactly how it could work for our forum, so no details/ETA on that yet.

If people do keep reporting something, it might make us take a closer look at it or post a warning in the thread, though.
    10char since I need to type in something. Anyway, read above

Actually I think Sunshine just made a post in another thread somewhere today saying that they are still looking at incorporating that into the forums here, but they still aren't sure how it would work/look yet. So it's a work in progress basically.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 08:34 PM ----------

Or Magekid could ninja me