Thread: Disc or Holy

Disc or Holy

Hello i started raiding recently with a group of friends after having a break of 6 months.
    I myself played always disc priest but now i am playing with a holy paladin in the 10 man raid group and i was wondering if i should go holy or if disc + holy paladin works just fine.

Sorry for my english

Deleted
    Disc seems to favored in 10m.

disc solely for the purpose of raid CDs
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Disc unless you're a pure raid healer in 25 content, and even then i'd personally do that as disc =)

The short answer is: there is no short answer! It's very subjective and will vary widely from person-to-person. There's been a LOT of discussion on this subject (FAR too much to copy and paste it all), so I'd recommend checking out some of the following threads for some debates/discussion/opinions:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...(Healing-wise)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Disc-Shadow
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/959837-Holy-or-Disc

Good luck!
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2011-08-29 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

It's a personal decision. Holy Priests tend to have more group heals while Disc priests tend to have more focus heals. It all depends on your style of play and who you are running with. Both specs are raid worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzissia View Post
    It's a personal decision. Holy Priests tend to have more group heals while Disc priests tend to have more focus heals. It all depends on your style of play and who you are running with. Both specs are raid worthy.
    As much as I wish this were true, Discipline does have the edge in current content. Their higher mana-efficiency and Power Word: Barrier makes them slightly better in Firelands and Penance makes it easier for them to spot-heal. And at the moment Holy and Discipline can occupy a similar niche in a raiding team. If you have two specs available, by all means go both Holy and Discipline and switch according to the encounter and your personal preference. But if you only want/can have one healing spec, I'd advice you to go Discipline.
    I do not wish to imply that Holy is a bad spec, I enjoy it tremendously and it "flows" better than Discipline, which in my opinion feels a bit clunky. But in most fights in Firelands where one spec is favored, it's usually Discipline.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Disc, disc, disc <3

Disc. Simple as that.

For normal modes you can easily go holy or disc as you want. It doesn't really matter too much, though it is inarguably easier with disc.

For hardmodes, you MUST have a discspec for half the fights, and it seriously helps for the other half.
    And the better you get, the priest healer is very likely to be replaced with a DPSer. At which point you really want to have your offspec as DPS.

Good analysis:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973016175

And yeah, I like holy better too. Much better. See if my raidleader care.

Deleted
    I prefer disc, purely because I enjoy playing it.

if only they made lightwell as sought after as power word: Barrier eh?

Personally i believe holy is superior to disc - except for the obvious raid CD that it lacks. people talk about being able to top someone up quick with disc and that you can be a more effective tank healer as disc - i disagree in such - rolling renew/s on tank/s in the serenity chakra stance with echo of light - spamming heal + 1/2 Flash's to proc serendipity for a Gheal + the serenity chastise i find to be superior and faster to top anyone off - then again this is my opinion and i'm sure others have different points of view.
    What the hell are we supposed to use man...... Harsh Language!?

Disc + Holy will feel a bit weird on most fights that have some kind of AoE but it's easily doable, Disc AoE is stronger than what used to be although you don't have as many spells as you've in Holy

Like many people advised before me I would keep both specs and try them out in each fight in Firelands my specs preference if I'm raiding with a Holy Pala are: Shannox (Disc), Beth'ilac (Holy/Disc), Alysrazor (Disc), Rhyolith (Holy), Baleroc (Disc), Staghelm (Holy - Disc if you're lacking cooldowns for a Scorpion Phase), Ragnaros (Holy - Disc if you're lacking cooldowns for a Seeds Phase)
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzissia View Post
    Discipline provides a guaranteed Divine Aegis proc on Prayer of Healing and is therefore just as powerful in a raid-healing assignment. On fights with pulsing, guaranteed, damage, Divine Aegis is superb.