Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Like many ppl here say he really should be doing more dps then that.. I play holy preist but on raggy i always go shadow for some extra dps since we dont need the
    third healer anyways. But still in my shadow gear i manage to pull 20k dps over the whole fight and even then im on trap dudy in P1.
    The lack of hit and overall optemizing on his gear probs is a good reson for the dps loss since im sitting on 16.34% hit and still misses like 3% in the raggy fight overall
    so yeah he really need to fix his hit and maybe look over rotation (dunno since there is no logs) but talk to him

Deleted
    (I think Shalinn is referring to the OP not to Ahoum)

My french isn't good enough to write it here directly ;-)

His uptime on dots looks low. I have a higher uptime and in my raids I'm always taking the traps...
    Maybe the logs % is screwed because of his deaths tho. I can see at least some gaps in VT, so he's sometimes late with refreshing it.

I have more MB's on my logs, with a shorter fight and taking traps. So he's not using MB enough. He needs to use it on cd unless Empowered Shadows would fall off soon. He lost empowered shadows a couple of times but the % again is screwed because he died.

He failed on engulfing flames. You can only go through those flames with Dispersion on.

Basically : do NOT die. Dying lowers your damage output quite a lot...

edit: for reference:
    logs from our 10man alt runs with a decent shadowpriest (he's also taking traps) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12754&e=13284
    logs from our 25man main run, with me taking some traps http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9212&e=9837
    Last edited by mmocafb5b5dbb3; 2011-08-31 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    I'm telling him all what you say, it was his first time on rag
    he failed on engulfing flames while he was kitting the living meteor, he was completly panicked xD
    We move a lot in our strat, in P2 we move from the left side to the middle when the adds are done with spread us on the right side , and move then back to left side etc.
    He don't really know how to control the Empovered Shadows, he will work on that, i have telling him too to reforge haste in mastery etc, still he only need the 2589 haste cap i'm right ? ( He don't get DI ).

Thanks alot for your answer Omirr ! And for looking at his stuff/logs !! Really nice !

Deleted
    Yes, you still need 2589 haste rating as a non-goblin if you don't get DI.
    Tell him to get an addon to track its duration, like classtimers, NeedToKnow, ...

Why aren't you moving from left to right all the way ? The further away you are from seeds, the less damage they deal to you. We usually run from one side to the other, healing on the move, then stacking and killing adds. (in the 10 man alt run)
    Last edited by mmocafb5b5dbb3; 2011-08-31 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    That's what we are doing, we are spread at the left side, run to the right side and stacking at one point, and then spread on the right side

Omirr, haha, you're on bitch duty <3

Ahoum:

Tell him to get the legs asap and if possible, snatch the tier head and offset gloves from rag!
    His hit is good, beeing .01 over the cap means nothing in terms of dps. He is very high on haste and should, if he could, lay hands on some intellect uppgrades instead of going to much for the haste. Don't get me wrong here, haste is good, but higher iLevel = more inte and more damage. 4set t12 is a must, so the haste lost on the legs there (counting in the reforge to haste and hit) should bring him down pretty much to the seccond VT tic cap so don't reforge any haste ayaw before you've gotten him those legs.

Edit: Forgot, tell him to stop beeing so cheap and buy the real leg enchant the next time, more spirit = more hit = More haste or mastery on reforge.
    Not to mention the more intellect.

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omirr View Post
    Yes, you still need 2589 as a non-goblin if you don't get DI.
    Tell him to get an addon to track its duration, like classtimers, NeedToKnow, ...

Why aren't you moving from left to right all the way ? The further away you are from seeds, the less damage they deal to you. We usually run from one side to the other, healing on the move, then stacking and killing adds. (in the 10 man alt run)
    We are running from the far left to the middle on seeds and we take no damage from that. This is normal mode though.
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-08-31 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Lol at vast majority posters concentrating some small gearing issues... I have news for you: those wrong reforges or being couple percent under hit cap are irrevelant unless player is really good.
    OP, basically forget all reforge-this-get-those-legs posts. Problem is simply skills. Tell your spriest to concentrate on keeping buffs and dots up, using proper casts while moving, planning bit ahead movement and when to cast what during fight.. when he can do those, his dps will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Lol at vast majority posters concentrating some small gearing issues... I have news for you: those wrong reforges or being couple percent under hit cap are irrevelant unless player is really good.
    OP, basically forget all reforge-this-get-those-legs posts. Problem is simply skills. Tell your spriest to concentrate on keeping buffs and dots up, using proper casts while moving, planning bit ahead movement and when to cast what during fight.. when he can do those, his dps will skyrocket.
    The bit in bold isn't true. A couple of simcrafts on his gear show that Hit Rating is more valuable to him than Haste - that suggests a pretty serious gearing issue. The rest of your "he should L2P" post had already been covered.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    The bit in bold isn't true. A couple of simcrafts on his gear show that Hit Rating is more valuable to him than Haste - that suggests a pretty serious gearing issue. The rest of your "he should L2P" post had already been covered.
    Doenst matter if hit rating is more valuable for him than Haste... difference is still totally irrevelant small. If you dont believe, simcraft him with under hit cap and then again with hit cap. I bet dps difference between those gear sets are less than 200dps (of max 25k dps or whatever said person can pull in theory)

Of course it matters, exactly how much it matters in relation to something else is neither here nor there. OP asked for help, we gave him the gear run-down and the "ensure he's doing the following..." run-down also, only we did it in a less condescending way than you.

OP: anything this guy can do to increase his DPS?
    You: L2P.

That was the sum of your contribution to this thread.

Being a situation where Hit Rating is more important for you than Haste isn't great; it needs remedying as much as working on maximising your procs. Knowing that your next upgrade should have hit or spirit is worth knowing, as does knowing that reforges, etc could be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post

Being a situation where Hit Rating is more important for you than Haste isn't great; it needs remedying as much as working on maximising your procs. Knowing that your next upgrade should have hit or spirit is worth knowing, as does knowing that reforges, etc could be better.
    Because that 13 dps increase matters? Yes thats dps difference when getting 2% more hit in his gear. Totally irrevelant, especially as simcraft is nowhere that accurate (see pretty major bug found in simcraft some weeks ago). Then also add in equation additional conditions like latency, player skill etc which can and will move stat relative values random ways.

It was 200 DPS a while ago, make your mind up. And who knows - it might matter, particularly when he gains experience and begins to sort his casting priorities out. And a 2% inrease in Hit Rating is more than 13 extra DPS, I know from my own experience regardless of what Simcraft says, which by the way I'm far from its biggest fan. Bored of arguing for the sake of it.

He should be keeping dots up at all times, in p2 he should check his DoT timers a couple of sec before molten seeds land. If VT is <5secs left recast before moving, then cast DP as you run in to stack. Make a macro for aoeing the adds /tar (main tanks name) /cast mindseer. Make sure he stands on the edge of where the back side engulfing flame hits that way if it lands there he only has to take a couple of steps forward to dodge and can pew pew again.

It really just sounds like he is getting flustered with the movement required in p2 and not planing ahead. Remind him that the timers are 100% the same every single attempt. The only thing that can change is where engulfing flames will land. If he stands where I just explained, even that is trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    (see pretty major bug found in simcraft some weeks ago)
    Barging in here real quick to point out that actually that bug turned out to not have a major impact at all. This is most likely due to the fact at these haste levels ES is not difficult to keep up at all. Running the new fixed simc's hasn't really changed much of anything for us.

Our strats pretty much the same as yours, except we split the group in half for p3 (tanks heals and our hunter left side, rest of the dps right) and we just punt the meteors into the middle of the room.

When running from side to side in p2, i ensure my dots are all up then mash devouring plague as i run over to the other side and (as another person said) channel mind sear off of a random raid member for easy numbers.

His gear is much better than mine (in some aspects), however in my opinion you'd definitely want to ask him why hes using lightning capacitor and a hit/mastery wand (when theres a hit/haste one)

If you wanna have a look at some things that I do:
    Last weeks rag parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...?s=8888&e=9496
    Click my sig for armory link.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Sahtila does have a point, while optimising his gear obviously will help, it is not very important compared to learning to play properly and maximising his dps on the fight. 15k is incredibly low, i don't think i would have a problem doing that in 346 gear or less. Im only a tiny bit better geared than him and pull about 28-29k on the fight.

If he is only doing a bit above 20k in phase 1 then chances are he isn't very good at his rotation, and should work on that, as he should easily do at least 25k there. As there is no movement outside of an occasional knockback/lava wave/trap, transistion he should do decently as well, an important thing to remember is to keep dps'ing ragnaros until he goes down, and then have an orb ready for the add. We do pretty good burst on the adds there with archangel, and can easily help out on others with multidotting(probably more in 25 than 10 man).

I don't know what tactic you use in phase 2, but i assume it's spreading out and running from the seeds and stacking at some spot and aoe'ing adds, and its just important to make sure dots are up and otherwise spam devouring plague while moving. As a shadowpriest you can afford to stop up and refresh dots if needed, as you can disperse the explosions. Make sure you got empowered shadow up for the adds so you do more damage when aoe'ing them, if you got archangel/procs up it's even better.

In phase 3 it greatly depends on your tactic, our tactic there is very little movement until the very end when it gets a bit chaotic, so it's quite similar to phase 1 for me, but even if he has to kite meteors a fair bit as long as it isn't right behind him he should be able to stop up and reapply dots and otherwise run and spam devouring plague, and swd'ing if mana is an issue/boss is below 25%.