Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends if people got an excuse, but if they are looking like they are just abusing the group and not saying anything then yes a kick is unavoidable.

Remember an example on my shamans first heroic - had shit gear and the other 3 in group was t11 - t12 and was kicked for doing crap dps. Yes I´d agree I did shit dps at the time, but also need to do heroics to get gear...
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a perfect reason to kick someone. 4K DPS at 85 is inexcusable. Seems like the new norm these days; at least one out of five people in every group I'm in does ~10K. I can't even count how many people I've booted for being useless.

Just out of morbid curiosity, did you happen to check Recount? I'm wondering if they were just using Auto-Shoot and letting their pet do all the work (they DID have a pet, right?).

I generally don't kick as a rule. I generally only queue as dps, doing heroics on 4 or 5 characters, and I can make up for the lack of others for the most part (last boss in Grim Batol aside). The only time use it is for ragers/elitists and people that do things which leave me staring open mouthed at the the screen.

Quick example, Forgemaster Throngus. Tank pulls, healer d/cs, tank proceeds to kite boss through dps and then back to the door so he can run out. Prompt vote kick passed with Reason Given: A*&#ole

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I've never kicked anyone for under performing, only addressed them about it, and usually they either apologize, pick it up, or be an class A douche about it. Only in the latter do I try to kick them. I've only kicked players for behavioral problems, never skill problems, that's just the way I operate. I will agree to a kick from someone else however if it's within reason.
    This is the way I handle things, too. My DPS can carry at least one weak player, and I see no point in being elitist and kicking someone underperforming if they try. If they have behavioral problems, vote incoming.

If I feel they're legitimately trying and they're nice, no, I won't kick and I won't call them out on it either. I couldn't care less if someone doesn't know the fight or has low damage. Everyone has to start somewhere, we've all been there. For me it's all about the attitude. I'll vote kick a tank with top damage if he acts like a tool. To me anyone who kicks a nice person because their damage is lower than he thinks it should be, or because he didn't know a fight, or because he made one mistake, is just that, a tool.

I enjoy kicking fully geared players doing top DPS but are asshats who start talking crap.

I let them power us to the final boss and then vote to kick them so they won't get their valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I only initiate a kick if a player has been disconnected, very rude, or just constantly screws up even after we tell him what to do.
    Add 'rolling more than once on gear they can't/won't/shouldn't use', like for instance that hunter that ninja'd a +STR 2-hander from the DK, and I'm with this guy.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised how many terrible as hell people there are out there... About 15 min ago, I was healing ZG.... NOBODY broke 7k dps on the first boss.. 3.6 min fight... not to mention 2 people died due to standing in shit.. had to use gs twice because tank couldn't move out of breath D:

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that I care alot more when I'm dpsing how bad the other players are.

If I'm healing and 1-2 of the 3 are adequate (12K+ on a ZA/ZG), I really don't care as long as the dungeon isn't taking PAINSTAKINGLY long. If we wipe on a boss due to dps requirements, then I will say something. But that hardly ever happens. If I however am on my mage and am pulling 50% of the dps, there's an issue, and I will ask questions, why should I carry you?

Aren't dungeons supposed to be teamwork?

For me it usually has a lot more to do with your attitude as to if I will kick you or not. If you aren't not good at your role but you can take direction and are trying to learn then you can stay. If you are bad and a jerk you are gone... heck even if you are good and a jerk you are gone. I don't like to spend my free fun time with people who annoy me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with your healer, but you aren't exactly unreasonable either.

To me, it's less about 'performance' and more about attitude.
    I always ask at the beginning of a run, if everyone knows all the fights.
    If you tell me at the beginning of the run that you don't know the fights, I'll explain them to you.
    If you stay silent, and screw up, I might not be as forgiving. You had your opportunity, and let pride get in the way.

Aside from that, bad attitudes, consistently being unable to 'get' a fight (3+ attempts), and unannounced/excessive/lengthy afks and disconnects longer than 3 minutes will also get a kick in my books.
    I agree with this completely. Selfish players also get a top rank in my book, like those who insist we skip this boss or that trash because "I don't have time" or "I don't need them." Or those who drag the group down, like a tank in full blue PVP gear who won't use CC. Other than that, I'm fairly forgiving. Low dps ist an automatic kick. Id rather kick the jackass who won't shut up about the low dps, or who keeps spamming Recount after every boss.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Shitcook View Post
    He stays away from aoe ?
    He can understand english and tacktics ?
    He doesnt speak rudly ?

Still u would kick a person only for doing 4k dps ?
    When u login in wow , there isnt any message or tip like , <<U Must Install DPS Meter addon , in order to be completable in this game or else some ppl will yell at u>> .
    He plays a game , he thinks just pushing 1 button is a normal thing
    Personally before i started Final fantasy 7 , i didnt rush to the internet in order to find the best summon or where to find the best items or tacktics .
    Relax a bit , or inv some guildys .

Vergin-deathing
    However.

The person signed up to the dungeon as a dps. This implies : they can support the group thoroughly with there damage in order to succeed with the dungeon attempt. The player themself, signed up as a damage dealer. They did not fulfill there role in the dungeon therefore should be replaced with someone competent enough to do so.

If the player in question wants to improve and learn more they will do so, whether it be ingame or externally.
    If he thinks pushing 1 button is a normal thing then he/she is in for a harsh reality check.
    By the time the player reaches 85 they should have nailed everysingle spell and everything in the talent tree.
    Utility, CC support, survivability, damage dealing.

And well, with dungeon journal there is nothing they shouldn't be able to do. If they're to lazy to read through each boss tactic then they should get used to being kicked from groups.

for a ZH... If cant do 9k+ DPS = /kick ... If cant pay attention = /kick
    in a CH... dont really care, I usually tank(ilvl375) if the healer can keep me alive.. thats enough.

I've only kicked a few people since randoms were introduced.

A guy who sat by the entrance in Occulus, refusing to move or leave, despite it taking maybe 15 minutes from start to finish...

A lock who called the healer a retard during the last bit in Halls of Reflection. The healer left, we wiped, I kicked.

A rogue who auto-attacked everything, while abusing some guy in the group. They were from the same realm so I assumed he knew him, but the other guy had no idea who he was. We had to wait until just before the last boss to kick him as well.

Impatient pullers rarely get kicked, we tend to go with it until we get to a hard pack or boss, then if they insist that it's their job to pull, we just stand back and wait. Either they learn a valuable lesson and don't do it again, or they ragequit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. if I'm DPSing, I usually dont mind as much because we at least know that one player is going to be pulling the 25k range which basically makes up for all 3 spots on most encounters. I've already been in situations were the two other DPS weren't breaking 5k and we did just fine.

However, I mostly tank these days. This leaves me in the odd position of getting stuck from time to time with THREE dps who can't break 5k. This isn't as forgettable. If the geared healer is running low on mana keeping fire-standers alive or simply due to the shear length of the fight, I'll pick the lowest one and boot him, hopefully waking the others up. Usually though, I just pull in a competent 3rd DPS and all goes well from there. If not, I'll start systematically kicking people below 9k.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I would rather try to find out why that person is performing so low for the standard and try and help them. You know if I enjoy this game I might wanna make it more enjoyable to others so I can continue playing.

Deleted
    As a DK tank, i usually leave instead of kicking people.

If its just 1 person who's really bad then i usually just go with it, when its the whole grp i leave.

I stumbled upon the worst group ever a couple of days ago:

SP- 9-10k dps

Blood dk 2-3k dps (He was signed as DPS and was convinced that blood was the best dps specc, he copied it from all Ensidias DPS dks, even after I tried to point it out that blood is for tanking and even if he thinks its the best 2-3k dps isnt "the best")

Ele shaman - AFK in org.

Holy Paladin with 3k HPS (I was struggeling to keep alive during a single mob)