Thread: Pokémon!

But Flying because pegasus was a FLYING creature

Dat Stealth Rock weakness though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    But Flying because pegasus was a FLYING creature
    Being a pegasus though, is more important than being able to fly. Fairy wins.

what about fire/dark fire/ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Being a pegasus though, is more important than being able to fly. Fairy wins.
    But flying defines what a pegasus is, a winged horse. Otherwise, it is just a horse.

Deleted

Deleted
    New megas must include:

Mega-Butterfree.
    Mega-Golduck.
    Mega-Vileplume.
    Mega-Machamp. GOGOGOGOGOGO 16 HANDS MODE.
    Mega-Rapidash. Yes please. Give me a gorgeus pegasus to ride while mew is laughing next to me and make it able to learn Fly with an animation. Yes. Do that.
    Mega-Hypno. OH YES. So much pokedex scary story they can build on

Now that I am thinking about this... It would maybe be a good idea for the future to merge all mega-stones to one stone and have that stone fit every pokemon. Too much clutter in bags, and with their suggestion that everything will have a mega at some point... yeah.

Mega-Kingdra would be interesting.
    Mega-Beautifly. Yes.
    Mega-Raichu, PLEEEAAAAASEEEE.
    Mega-Musharna. You know it must happen. "You don't want me to open my eyes. Shhh"
    Mega-Sawk. Gief.

So many to list, wow. We really can use more megas.
    I also think that it would be cool to add mega evolutions to some of the older bland single type Pokemon that are pretty much completely outclassed by newer additions. Hypno/Golduck/Rapidash for example all have decent base stats but nothing that would make them stand out.

Of course I would like to see more Grass type mega evolutions as well, especially for Vileplume/Shiftry/Cradily/Cacturne. Jumpluff would be nice too but it would require some radical stat tweaking and/or powerful new ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I also think that it would be cool to add mega evolutions to some of the older bland single type Pokemon that are pretty much completely outclassed by newer additions. Hypno/Golduck/Rapidash for example all have decent base stats but nothing that would make them stand out.

Of course I would like to see more Grass type mega evolutions as well, especially for Vileplume/Shiftry/Cradily/Cacturne. Jumpluff would be nice too but it would require some radical stat tweaking and/or powerful new ability.
    Could boost Jumpluff's defensive stats and give it Flower Gift to make a fast utility Pokemon. No way it could be top tier without a total stat redistribution but it'd at least be more useful in maybe RU or UU doubles.

Also, mega Vileplume is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    New megas must include:

Mega-Butterfree.
    Mega-Golduck.
    Mega-Vileplume.
    Mega-Machamp. GOGOGOGOGOGO 16 HANDS MODE.
    Mega Machamp you say?

That just reminds me of Asura
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    But flying defines what a pegasus is, a winged horse. Otherwise, it is just a horse.
    True. Thing is though, that a pegasus is a mythological being, and as such, it existing is much more important than its ability to fly. Meaning that for Pokemon it will make much more sense to have a Pegasus pokemon and it being Fairy, because it exactly is a beast of legend, rather than making it a Flying type, because it can simply fly. Many pokemon can fly, and they are not of the flying type. As such...

FAIRY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    what about fire/dark fire/ghost
    Nnoononoono

A pegasus is a creature of the light, bro. Pokemon ain't doing corrupted shit too.

- - - Updated - - -

OR

Mega-Rapidash can go Unicorn mode instead of pegasus. That's a possibility too.

OR

Make it have 2 megas. One for the land with fairy/fire and one of the sky with Flying/Fire. That would be nice! They could also make the unicorn one a Special Attacker, and the pegasus a physical one with brave bird spammage. OH DEAR!

DO IT, GAME FREAK!

that wasnt a pegasus, that is a Nightmare just like the warlock dreadsteed

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to discuss the most important mega ever, Meganium, other then the cool double mega mega name, Meganium is commonly considered to be the worst starter. being one of only 3 out of 15 starters in the NU tier with Samurott and Torterra, both of which imo are better then Meganium.

The most popular ideas seem to be giving it either a Fairy or Dragon secondary typing and while i would prefer the fairy over the dragon (cuz i want my mega serperior dragon). It would receive stiff competition from Whimsicott if it doesnt get a decent ability and expanded movepool to work with. Whimsicott while frail does get Prankster and some gems like Stun Spore, Moonblast, Hurricane and Encore plus it wouldnt need to hold a megastone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    We need to discuss the most important mega ever, Meganium, other then the cool double mega mega name, Meganium is commonly considered to be the worst starter. being one of only 3 out of 15 starters in the NU tier with Samurott and Torterra, both of which imo are better then Meganium.

The most popular ideas seem to be giving it either a Fairy or Dragon secondary typing and while i would prefer the fairy over the dragon (cuz i want my mega serperior dragon). It would receive stiff competition from Whimsicott if it doesnt get a decent ability and expanded movepool to work with. Whimsicott while frail does get Prankster and some gems like Stun Spore, Moonblast, Hurricane and Encore plus it wouldnt need to hold a megastone.
    I'm going with Insurgence's fanmade Mega Meganium and say Grass/Fairy with Magic Bounce.

It has a 80/140/140 bulk, and 82/83/100 offenses. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Meganium's current stats for reference are: 80/82/100/83/100/80.

I would go with Dragon/Grass and change the design to a Dromiceiomimus. The flower can go... wherever. Venusaur has it on its butt...

Mega-Evolution Ability: Chlorophyll.
    Mega-Evolution Stats: 80/170/115/50/115/120.

Meganium's physical movepool is far better than its special one. With Leaf Guard as its pre-mega evolution ability, Meganium can be a total menace, being immune to status until mega-evolving, and then proceeding to destroy whole teams with its excellent physical movepool under the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you be running on a physical mega Meganium?
    My guess would be:
    -Petal Blizzard
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Synthesis/Iron Tail/Double Edge? (Body Slam an option perhaps as well)

Decent type coverage. However Meganium's success (mega or non mega) is based around sunlight being up. In my opinion a dangerous strategy, with how weak I feel weather is. Also once you mega evolve you are open to a burn which is really crippling.

In the end what I'd like to see is a mixed set be viable, keeping Chlorophyll
    80/132/110/133/110/100
    -Outrage
    -Solar Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Ancient Power/Synthesis

Wouldn't solve the weather issue, burn is less of an issue though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You gave meganium 125 extra points there sir :P @ Well

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't check the values, but maybe he shifted some stat points from something like Special Attack to some other stat?
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    What would you be running on a physical mega Meganium?
    My guess would be:
    -Petal Blizzard
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Synthesis/Iron Tail/Double Edge? (Body Slam an option perhaps as well)

Decent type coverage. However Meganium's success (mega or non mega) is based around sunlight being up. In my opinion a dangerous strategy, with how weak I feel weather is. Also once you mega evolve you are open to a burn which is really crippling.

In the end what I'd like to see is a mixed set be viable, keeping Chlorophyll
    80/132/110/133/110/100
    -Outrage
    -Solar Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Ancient Power/Synthesis

Wouldn't solve the weather issue, burn is less of an issue though.
    Who will manage to burn you with 120 base Speed and Chlorophyll bar Prankster Sableye? Or even without sunlight. And nah, weather is just too underestimated. Also, with Grass, Dragon & Ground as attacking moves, you hit everything for at least neutral, bar Skarmory, which is phenomenal. But sure, to each their own, I guess. Plus, it really does not hurt to limit a pokemon's success chances by simply having it fulfill some prerequisites like having the sun up, I feel.

With the stats you listed, it will be doomed to mediocrity. Why use a mixed mega? Get Char Y for special, X for physical. Anything will be better than mega-meganium if it's doomed with a 100 base speed and a really mediocre for a mega 132 atk & spatk stat.

For attacks
    -Seed Bomb
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Synthesis
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I didn't check the values, but maybe he shifted some stat points from something like Special Attack to some other stat?
    Yeah, SpAtk, is reduced and can be reduced even more while we are at it, if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally not biased :P
    Last edited by Well; 2015-05-15 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For attacks
    -Seed Bomb
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Synthesis
    Petal Blizzard is stronger than Seed Bomb, though, by 10 points. Blizzard, not Dance. It's physical

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Petal Blizzard is stronger than Seed Bomb, though, by 10 points. Blizzard, not Dance. It's physical
    Isn't petal blizzard a 2-3 turn attack like outrage? I wouldn't want both my stabs to be uncontrollable, if that's the case.
    Last edited by Well; 2015-05-15 at 04:07 PM.