10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, I've got a question for you guys.
    When Toriyama's patrolman Jaco thingy first came out I read a review about the first chapter. Basically that guy said that he was slightly disappointed that Toriyama's drawing style was just like it was back when he did Dragonball. He felt that he went back to the 80s and that Toriyama didn't follow with current times.

Personally, I don't notice such differences, but apparently people pay a ton of attention to how things were drawn back then and how they are drawn now.

So my question to you guys is:
    If Toriyama decides to continue Dragonball, would you want him to do it like he used to way back when or would you want him to *update* his style to current times?

I kinda feel this is a weird question as I don't notice details too much, but since some people make a big deal out of it I figured I'd ask.

thats not how they were drawn back then. thats his own style and pretty much everything he draws looks like that.

some of the stuff back then looked similar to that but i can tell when somethings drawn by him automatically.

i think a bigger criticism would be that alot of his characters look way to much alike
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Hey guys, figured I'd pop in since I haven't made a post in a while! In my travels throughout the universe (internet) I have found exactly one DBZ AMV that I can say is nearly perfect. I have just viewed this for the first time today and it is now my favorite DBZ AMV ever.

While not flawless, it is close to how I would make an AMV and I have searched for an AMV with these criteria for years. Good music, (subjective, I know) a mix of music and talking, acceptable quality throughout, minimal editing and Gohan vs Cell shown in mostly chronological order. As a connoisseur of AMVs, (I would be ashamed to say how many I've watched) I can honestly say this is a fucking masterpiece.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-10-23 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good AMV, but I can't really say whether or not it's better than my current DBZ favourite, since it's two different styles of AMV.

Part of it is due to music preference, though I do like the song Radioactive - Imagine Dragons that was in yours.

My favourite AMV overall isn't DBZ, but it's similar to yours in that it does several songs and is in mostly chronological order. It's "One Piece in 10 Minutes".

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Uhm, I've got a question for you guys.
    When Toriyama's patrolman Jaco thingy first came out I read a review about the first chapter. Basically that guy said that he was slightly disappointed that Toriyama's drawing style was just like it was back when he did Dragonball. He felt that he went back to the 80s and that Toriyama didn't follow with current times.

Personally, I don't notice such differences, but apparently people pay a ton of attention to how things were drawn back then and how they are drawn now.

So my question to you guys is:
    If Toriyama decides to continue Dragonball, would you want him to do it like he used to way back when or would you want him to *update* his style to current times?

I kinda feel this is a weird question as I don't notice details too much, but since some people make a big deal out of it I figured I'd ask.
    the old way. not everything needs to be modern. it's just like the change with spongebob, it lost all of it's charm when the humor and animation changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    as for changing the dbz style. I think it should stick with how the recent movie and bardock special did. AKA just a more modern version of the same style

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I know it was silly, but I enjoyed the Bardock special. I enjoy the DBZ Abridged version of it moreso, but it was entertaining at least.

Huzzah for Genn's forever thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    as for changing the dbz style. I think it should stick with how the recent movie and bardock special did. AKA just a more modern version of the same style
    I was talking about the manga though.
    Even I can see the differences between BoG and original dragonball anime ^^ (that said, I really like the BoG animation)

10+ Year Old Account
    well obvi BOG is diff from the original dragon ball, but you can see the similar style.

Also jaco the space cop guy is just a jokey manga like tori is known for. I'm sure he will stick with the Z style for all future DBZ stuff. He will prob stick to his gag manga style for the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you Genn. I was referring to before when I said that I don't even notice differences in drawing styles, but I was not such an idiot that I don't see the differences in anime.

Also, am I really the only one that generally doesn't notice differences in the manga? I feel... stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of AMVs, this has always been my favorite.

It's much different in tone than the scores of hard-rock driven AMVs out there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

New side story in the Dragon Ball SD manga, Trunks goes even further back in time to before Gero created the Androids, stops Gero from capturing 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say I'm with Laurcus. That's gotta be my favorite AMV I've ever seen. Goosebumps all the way through. Very well done indeed.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    Welcome back Laurcus, your posts are missed. I'm not a fan of AMV's, but that was pretty solid.
    I was still lurking from time to time, but I'm so busy these days I barely have time to post on internet forums and such.

Loving my new ringtone

- - - Updated - - -

Also awesome AMV's everyone. Just worked out to them. Nothing like DBZ for workout motivation. Grats on being busy with real life stuff too Laurcus. Lurking is more in line with your Super Kami Guru status anyway.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-10-24 at 07:38 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first AMV I remember watching a long long time ago. The song fits so well.

10+ Year Old Account

You know what.... what if future Trunks met Goten and realized that his past (normal) him has fused with this kid he never met?

10+ Year Old Account

some dbz multiverse here

still my fave

This may piss some of you goku lovers off. But in DBz and BGT goku has never beat anyone One vs One. So goku isn't really that strong just resilient at fighting,