Poll: How far are you from a convenience/grocery store?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How far are you from a convenience/grocery store?

I was reading a couple WoW articles the other day and I read something interesting. A guy was talking about how on his guilds 10 minute breaks from raiding he would run to his local store and grab a drink.

I thought to myself, there is no way I could make it to the store in back in 10 minutes. Between the time it would take me to get there, waiting in line, and getting back it would be at least 20 minutes.

I decided to make this poll for fun to see how far people live from convenience/grocery stores, and I divided it with US and EU to see if there is any correlation.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a minute for me if I drive but walking is probably about 10-15 minutes.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

Deleted
    2-3mins walking, about 5 for car because of the bad layout of the roads from a supermarket, its about the only food shop in my village now, the rest went out of business or moved shortly after supermarket opened.
    but i dont complain, i got a job at the supermarket

10+ Year Old Account
    3-6 doors down my street (can't remember, couple houses, tattoo parlour, then the corner shop i think), not that i ever visit that one, but the option would be there

I live in the middle of no where in Pennsylvania, i'd have to drive ~25-30 minutes to get the nearest store that has food / milk / etc. I have a gas station close by, but its a full service station that doesnt sell anything but gas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatslife View Post
    I live in the middle of no where in Pennsylvania, i'd have to drive ~25-30 minutes to get the nearest store that has food / milk / etc. I have a gas station close by, but its a full service station that doesnt sell anything but gas.
    ouch, use to be like that here, we use to have some small shops that you could pay stupid amounts of money for food, but to do a proper food shop, had to drive about 20mins if there was no traffic, about 30-35 if there was, it was horrible :P

Eh... it would take me a while or so if I were going to walk (and it's hot out here, so yeah). lol Closest convenience store is 12 miles from my house. Takes about... 10 minutes to get there, and 10 to get back. I hate living out in the country, the second I get a chance to move. I'm taking it.

About 4 minutes driving distance from a Food Lion and Kroger grocery store and a 10 minute drive to Walmart Supercenter.
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2011-09-24 at 12:58 AM.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons, and Tom-thumb within a 5 minute (drive) radius of my home.

I can drive to the grocery store and get back home within about 7 minutes, but that's not going inside. Right next to the grocery store there's also a gas station, chinese restaurant, subway, a couple different kinds of barbershops, an italian restaurant, a place that sends out packages for several different companies, a car repair shop/tire store, beef o bradys, perkins, mcdonalds, my bank, cvs, and a decent outlet mall with a ton of stores. They're all less than 2 miles away, literally right across the street from my community.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-09-24 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 block away
    15min walk
    3min drive
    30min drive with traffic.

Back at my house there's a minimart just two blocks down the street, and a CVS/Walgreens across the street from that.

And a 5-minute bike ride in the other direction is a Stop&Shop/Kmart plaza.

But at college, there's nothing close The nearest Wal-Mart is like 10 minute drive away, closest CVS is a 20 minute walk, haven't seen a stop&shop yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

3 min walk, it's just on the other side of the street..

what? no Canadian option wtf.

Theres a big strip mall thing about a 10 minute walk away, and a convenience store just down my street at maybe 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    what? no Canadian option wtf.
    There's no way he could possibly add every one of the 195 countries in the world to a single poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

It's about 10 min to my nearest grocery store, 15 to the 7eleven. No way I'd go during an afk break.

10+ Year Old Account
    45 minutes - one hour each way

I live out in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    There's no way he could possibly add every one of the 195 countries in the world to a single poll.
    america would have solved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 1-3 minutes because that's what it would be driving, but its about a 5 minute walk. Its literally right down the street. If not for the trees, I could look out the window at it.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)