Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with being on MMO-Champ and the internet at large is it's often hard to tell if the poster is being satirical or just a colossal idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhhh?

The Maelstrom was created during the explosion (?) of well of eternity.
    How was the Maelstrom being held? by the world pillar WHICH DEATHWING DESTROYED when he escaped Deepholm.

Deleted
    Ok, Elemental Plane theorists out there.

If Deepholm is NOT at the center of Azeroth, then why did the World Pillar shattering cause Azeroth to become unstable? Think about it.

And this is what i call good trolling. No need for insults or degrading comments, just using intelligence to create a falacy.

8/10 (was a little obviousn since the start of the second paragraph "I call myself a Young Maelstrom Creationism Advocate (YMCA)")

Good Job OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Khadhar View Post
    The problem with being on MMO-Champ and the internet at large is it's often hard to tell if the poster is being satirical or just a colossal idiot.
    That's the problem with satire overall. The better you do it, the more you actually resemble the people you're satirizing. Thunderaan's OP is so well put together he seems genuinely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And this is what i call good trolling. No need for insults or degrading comments, just using intelligence to create a falacy.

8/10 (was a little obviousn since the start of the second paragraph "I call myself a Young Maelstrom Creationism Advocate (YMCA)")
    Yeah thats the same part that made it obvious for me too Well done though, and I read the whole thing regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I fell for it too. I thought the YMCA thing looked suspicious but ignored it anyway.

I blame this on work doldrums.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    People often can't tell the difference between satire and sincerity. Especially well-done satire. Like this. Seriously people, think for a moment before respon...eh, what am I saying?
    Plz don't pull this crap. It's the classic excuse ppl turn to when they are proven wrong. LoL I'm full blown derp but uhh...I was just joking. No, OP wasn't joking. There is no satire here. Go white knight somewhere else please

15+ Year Old Account
    What i find more strange... why are the maelstrom & vashjír so much closer to the western shores of the Eastern Kingdoms, than to Azshara on the beaches of north eastern Kalimdor?!?!?!

even a volcanic island grows life when it stops spewing shit

Deleted
    Anyway, a little information about the Elemental Plane.

The Elemental Plane is in Azeroth, they are one and the same. Azeroth has elementals, therefore it is an elemental plane and I will show you further:

Deepholm is at the center.
    Firelands is literally under the Mount Hyjal - this is in fact a massive volcanic mountain. It also extend deep under Blackrock Mountain in Molten Core.
    Skywall is simply another name for the sky. The seat of power is southern Uldum and never moves. This is because Al'Akir cloaked himself with Uldum's magic before it stopped working.
    Abyssal Maw is just under Vashj'ir.

So there you have, folks.
    Last edited by mmoc8a3727531d; 2011-09-29 at 05:13 PM.

I am more of a mind that DW deliberately choose to emerge from Deepholm through the maelstrom to cause the instability that thrall (remember a young powerful orc shaman of prophecy is to bring DW down) now has to focus all his energies on containing the maelstrom while DW and his legion go about their business elsewhere.

awesome thread, lol at ZOGMSRS replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    Plz don't pull this crap. It's the classic excuse ppl turn to when they are proven wrong. LoL I'm full blown derp but uhh...I was just joking. No, OP wasn't joking. There is no satire here. Go white knight somewhere else please
    Stop, I think if I laugh any more my sides will rip open.

Booooo.
    Anyone who has played Warcraft games knows this is a trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    That's the problem with satire overall. The better you do it, the more you actually resemble the people you're satirizing. Thunderaan's OP is so well put together he seems genuinely insane.
    The main problem is that you can't see gesture and mimic and hear no voice. Though in this case YMCA was a good hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    No op, the reason Thrall and the earthen ring (not Thrall on his own) was at the maelstrom is because, after he fell to deepholme and he flew from there, breaking the world pillar in that realm, the link between deepholme and azeroth was made at the maelstrom, and the earthen ring were trying to maintain the it so azeroth wouldn't collapes into it.. or was it deepholme collapse into azeroth, one or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    The lore-rage is the most amusing part. Just watch how many will come and tear the OP part, completely missing the point of the thread. Already have one above me.

EDIT: Heh, looks like 8 or 9 posts popped up while I was writing this.
    Slowest. Typist. Ever.

This is all that I gained from reading this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khadhar View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Seriously, it's right up there with Godwin's Law nowadays as one of those things that everyone should be taught before they're allowed on the internet. XD
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Nice way trying to insult religion..... no really, I disaprove making religion funny like this.