Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's Speculate! Looking For Raid Queue times for each role!

Good morning/night/afternoon folks! So after reading the Q&A for the LFR I began to wonder what the queue times would be for each role. Given the number of DPS needed I would say the wait should be about the same for everyone. That is of course assuming there are 8.5 dps per tank and 5.67 per healer who meet the iLevel requirements.

So am I missing any other factors and what's your opinion on what the Queue Times could be?

This is about the possible queue time for LFR not whether or not it is a good idea please stay on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in the first weeks queues won't be long, but since I predict this LFR will be mostly a wipe paradise sometimes, people will be looking for members in the old, traditional /2 ways. Again... this is my PoV ofc.

Starting out

Tank: 10 mins
    Healer: 5mins
    DPS: 5-10 mins

After a while:
    Tank: Instant
    Healer: Instant
    DPS: 15-20mins

Deleted
    Situation one - "need before greed" system remains identically to how it works in 5mans:
    - Tanks 0sec
    - Healers 15 mins
    - DPS 2 hrs

Situation two - blizzard changes the loot system to give priority to people filling the role the gear was intended for:
    - Tanks 0sec
    - Healers 30 mins
    - DPS 1 hr

Just guessing here.

@Exhale I could see that happening. Even though there is no Lockout on the LFR you'd still want to bring as many of your people as possible to maximize the chances of getting rid of that one old item.

@Aelreth So in your opinion history will repeat itself?

The tank queue should be significantly longer due to the tank:dps and tank:healer ratios declining compared to LFD, and the healer/DPS queues will be lower due to overabundance of tanks.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

I do. The wait time for tanks in the begining will only be because you only need 1 tank per 8 dps, vs LFG its 1 tank per 3 dps. I think once the majority try out the system, get screwd over by it (either by getting "loot stolen" or not being able to kill any bosses) there will be a drop in users, which will ultimatly hurt the DPS as they are the vast majority of players.

Good tanks, and good healers will be raiding with either guilds, or premade pugs (pugs that run regularly with the same people) and wont have a need to use LFR after they get off set items they want. Which will leave a greater proportion of less desireables (there will still be good players that use LFR, just not as many) and it will suffer until more people outgear the content.

This is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Hum I would say for not completely merged servers (Fr, Es in EU for ex):
    Tank: 10min
    Healer: 45min
    Dps: 2-3 hours

Eng (EU)
    Tank: 5min
    Healer: 15min
    Dps: 45 min

US
    Tank: instant
    Healer: 10 min
    Dps: 30 min

I have a feeling the original queue times won't be bad, but you'll have really long stretches of waiting for new tanks/healers throughout the raid as people give up and leave.... :-)

Depends on how the population sways on what to do... Like If tons of Tanks and Healers just think that they are going to rip their hair off with the amount of idiotic DPS standing in fire and generally doing dumb things that will cause them personal stress and annoyance, so they que as DPS because they can't be bothered, then you will start to get really long que times for DPS..

However if there are plentiful tanks and healers que'ing and they don't mind putting up with the drones of "POSSIBLY" silly DPS, then you might have a turn around situation where tank and healer que's are longer then DPS... Considering you need 17 DPS per group but only 2 Tanks and 6 healers...

Either way like many people are saying, Que times will probs be absurdly short for everyone for the first 2,3,4,5,6 weeks perhaps.. After that it will really start to slow down and you will see standard ZG/ZA like que times of 20/30mins for DPS ect.

Considering they're going with 2 tanks per 25 man, we really won't see the bottleneck in LFD pugs due to lack of tanks in LFR. If anything Tanks will have a few minutes wait, with Healers getting the instant queues on a regular basis. DPS should have a significantly shorter queue time, with any luck.

Also, due to the 'can only get loot once each week' mechanic, we'll probably see brilliant queue times early in the week (on Wednesdays/Thursdays), and longer ones later on. Similar to how it's easy to get a BH/VoA pug early in a week, and on Monday/Tuesdays it's near impossible!

Could be my tiny RP server to blame there tho. But hey, we'll see how it goes. I think we'll see a very different dynamic for queue times for each role for LFR, though.

we really won't see the bottleneck in LFD pugs due to lack of tanks in LFR.
    until tanks get tired of baddie dps raging at them after a wipe because its somehow the tanks fault that the dps was standing in void zones and fires

10+ Year Old Account
    If people clear this faster, or as fast as the heroic dungeons, then dps might actually see a decrease in queue time, I think. Need a lot more tanks for each dps in a 5man, compared to 25man raid.

the queue time for this are really going to be determined by how hard and what the LFR raid version requires of players. If they do follow the model of the Normal vs Heroic raids then the LFR version should have the general feel of the fight but be much more obvious if special things need to be done.

until the fights are up for testing and the LFR is opened up I guess we'll just have to wait and see though

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    until tanks get tired of baddie dps raging at them after a wipe because its somehow the tanks fault that the dps was standing in void zones and fires
    Those badddie dps will be too busy blaming healers for no healing them while they were casting their super uber one shotting spell while standing over the bid circle of flames/void/ice/electricity/earthquake.ç

So, because of the tank-healer-dps distribution it will be something around:

Healers: Instant
    Tanks: 5-10 minutes
    DPS: 15-25 minutes

Deleted
    It depends at time of day but if you are a dps i dont think under 20 mins at all

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    Situation one - "need before greed" system remains identically to how it works in 5mans:
    - Tanks 0sec
    - Healers 15 mins
    - DPS 2 hrs

Situation two - blizzard changes the loot system to give priority to people filling the role the gear was intended for:
    - Tanks 0sec
    - Healers 30 mins
    - DPS 1 hr

Just guessing here.
    I agree. I have 3 tanks (one is main) and I will try it on my alts. But I am afraid of all the ninjas and transmog will cause loot to be grabbed for other classes. If this happens i won't be bothered to tank

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is probably moot, because someone has to pick to be a leader. The LFD tool works poorly imo because tanks are *generally* forced to be the defacto leader. Half the folks out there are afraid of being raged on for not knowing whats going on, and therefore always waiting on a tank to queue.

I imagine that at first lots of folks will try it out, but then queue times will go on the rise because so few people will step up to lead.

I think it will be significantly better than dungeons. This game is balanced around 2 tanks for every 25 raiders. The "lack of tanks" in LFD is a result of stretching that 8% (2/25) to try and cover 20% (1/5). LFR will not have this bottleneck and so I think queues for everyone will be faster.

This is provided people use it. I personally think it's going to stop being used after an abysmal success rate.