Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Internet Web Browser

Hey guys not sure if this is the right spot but what Web browser does everyone use also what one do you prefer. I need a new one other than Internet Explorer because its lame. I heard Google Chrome and Mozzilla Firefox was good but whats better, i think i want to go with Mozzilla but not sure. Whats your opinions! Thanks

Either one is just as good, you'll hear arguments for both. I personally use Chrome because I feel it's faster, the main disadvantage to chrome is that it can't block in-video advertisements because of how it's coded, whereas firefox can. I generally use Chrome unless I'm watching a load of videos and don't feel like hearing anymore about how wearing lots of jewlery is in this season from Clearasil BFF Access.

Firefox is amazing. I tried chrome for a couple months and it wasn't bad... I just didn't like the feel of it, and it doesn't have a lot of the great addons that truly make ff wonderful (eg. ABP, autopager...)
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Firefox is amazing. I tried chrome for a couple months and it wasn't bad... I just didn't like the feel of it, and it doesn't have a lot of the great addons that truly make ff wonderful (eg. ABP, autopager...)
    It does have ABP, assuming that's ad block plus...and a quick google search shows it also has autopager.

I started using firefox first because chrome wasn't out at the time, now I use chrome and I won't go back to firefox. I just like the way it looks more, one isn't really better than the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Firefox for quite a while, but when Chrome came around, I tried it out and fell in love with it.

Chrome now has ABP, and while it's still in beta stages, it certainly gets the job done!

Firefox with Noscript and AdBlock+ is my preferred browser, the only real problem I have with FF is it seems to be a Memory Hog though that's not a huge issue if you have a decent amount of system memory would be nice if they made it use less though.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Not sure what autopager is, but Chrome does have AdBlock Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerslim View Post
    Not sure what autopager is, but Chrome does have AdBlock Plus.
    Might just be me..but Chrome's ABP is kind of..not nearly as good as Firefox's.

It doesn't seem to block video ads and it has had issues blocking 'normal' ads in the past.

I use Firefox with AdBlock, DownThemAll, Download Statusbars, LastPass, and Xmarks. Works for me.

I would love to be able to switch to Chrome, there are things I love about it..but there are small annoyances that keep me away

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It does have ABP, assuming that's ad block plus...and a quick google search shows it also has autopager.

I started using firefox first because chrome wasn't out at the time, now I use chrome and I won't go back to firefox. I just like the way it looks more, one isn't really better than the other.
    The ABP for chrome doesn't block adds, it just hides them.... and it misses some.
    Last I checked it didn't have autopager... looks like there's an alpha version of it out now.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hides it, blocks it, doesn't matter to me, it's nonsense I don't have to see.

Mainly Firefox, as it has some unique addons I cant find anywhere else.

Opera on old computer. Its strikingly fast but has some rendering issues. Dont like Chrome much, performance isnt important on my gaming PC but the look & feel of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have chrome, and I really like it and how it works. However, most people tend to go for Firefox for ABP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrix View Post
    Either one is just as good, you'll hear arguments for both. I personally use Chrome because I feel it's faster, the main disadvantage to chrome is that it can't block in-video advertisements because of how it's coded, whereas firefox can. I generally use Chrome unless I'm watching a load of videos and don't feel like hearing anymore about how wearing lots of jewlery is in this season from Clearasil BFF Access.
    I want to guess Google does this because they own youtube and make a killing from ads so they'd like to work with their partners to not block the ads.

Use chrome for 2 months, then install firefox. You will swear firefox is slower than IE.

Firefox has the most diverse addon lineup (ABP, no script, certificate patrol are 3 especially good ones), however it gets really bogged down by them and becomes extremely slow. I was a Firefox user since at least Firefox 2, if not before that. Chrome came out, I thought it was terrible (and at the time, it was), went back. A year or so later I tried it again, loved it and have used chrome since.

Last month I tried to go back to Firefox, mainly for no script (not scripts on Chrome isn't as full-featured), and certificate patrol, but I was only able to stand it for about a week before the molasses speed had me setting Chrome back as my default.

If you love Firefox, and that's your thing, fine, but I'm a Chrome guy.

I tried Chrome once, but I would multi middle click 10+ tabs and only 25% of them would actually load. Firefox is slow, but its been reliable in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chromium master-race.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Hides it, blocks it, doesn't matter to me, it's nonsense I don't have to see.
    Until one of them loads in the background, you not seeing it of course, with a malicious script. I'm not saying Chrome is bad, I use both FF and Chrome, but google not putting in the framework to allow proper script/ad blocking(ie not even downloading the script/ad) puts me off a bit. Could it be linked to the fact they earn a lot of money from advertising, possibly, but still.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    Safari here

Using OSX aswell, so it kinda fit to the layout. It's fast, lightweight, secure and "extensions" or "addons" like adblock etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Safari here

Using OSX aswell, so it kinda fit to the layout. It's fast, lightweight, secure and "extensions" or "addons" like adblock etc.
    LOL, the pwn2own conference would like to differ. Safari has been the first browser to go down for the last few years running. Want to know how "secure" Safari is? Check out this description:

"A team of security researchers from the French pen-testing firm VUPEN successfully exploited a zero-day flaw in Apple's Safari browser to win this year's Pwn2Own hacker challenge. The hijacked machine was running a fully patched version of Mac OS X (64-bit). Bekrar's winning exploit did not even crash the browser after exploitation. Within five seconds of surfing to the rigged site, he successfully launched the calculator app and wrote a file on the disk without crashing the browser. Apple has just released Safari 5.0.4 and iOS 4.3 a few minutes before the Pwn2Own contest in an attempt to save face (a last minute patch for Chrome was also released) but failed"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    LOL, the pwn2own conference would like to differ. Safari has been the first browser to go down for the last few years running. Want to know how "secure" Safari is? Check out this description:

"A team of security researchers from the French pen-testing firm VUPEN successfully exploited a zero-day flaw in Apple's Safari browser to win this year's Pwn2Own hacker challenge. The hijacked machine was running a fully patched version of Mac OS X (64-bit). Bekrar's winning exploit did not even crash the browser after exploitation. Within five seconds of surfing to the rigged site, he successfully launched the calculator app and wrote a file on the disk without crashing the browser. Apple has just released Safari 5.0.4 and iOS 4.3 a few minutes before the Pwn2Own contest in an attempt to save face (a last minute patch for Chrome was also released) but failed"
    On what version of OSX?

By the way, I seriously don't care wether people get bad stuff or not. I have not experienced any kind of virus/malware/keylogger/trojan etc on my MBP, 3 years old. Got nothing except the built-in firewall. And yep, I've been on same bad places on the internet, including online poker, clicking ads (I do it cuz i can), torrents, TOR and some nasty stuff.

However, let's not turn this into another mac vs pc thread, thanks