Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vas Normandy
    Posts
    103
    Is the music in game like from the movies and kotor games?

    Or does the new music fit the epic star wars feel?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by NyghtFox View Post
    Is the music in game like from the movies and kotor games?

    Or does the new music fit the epic star wars feel?
    They use the score from the movies, from KotOR 1 and 2, and they have new music as well.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

    Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

  3. #43
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vas Normandy
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    They use the score from the movies, from KotOR 1 and 2, and they have new music as well.
    Sweet thanks man...should be epic cant wait!

  4. #44
    The little thing that gets me going is definitely that they used some music from the movies

  5. #45
    The character creator seems pretty good from what ive seen/heard. Which is good cuz i could spend a hour making my first toon. Only thing i dont like is the miralukas limited choice of blinders. would it kill them to have them just tie a simple headband around their eyes like Kenshi from mortal kombat. but thats another topic.

    i love tweaking my characters,but i will miss the inclusion of a 'barber shop'

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Ranged and hybrid tanking.

    Healers that can heal with guns and actually kill something.

    Every class having either tank or healer AC.

    Tanking in pvp.

    No random rez timer!!!!!!!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    The character creator seems pretty good from what ive seen/heard. Which is good cuz i could spend a hour making my first toon. Only thing i dont like is the miralukas limited choice of blinders. would it kill them to have them just tie a simple headband around their eyes like Kenshi from mortal kombat. but thats another topic.

    i love tweaking my characters,but i will miss the inclusion of a 'barber shop'
    we may still see a barber shop down the line, not a big launch feature though. I agree about the blinders, all the ones I've seen have been really decorative or have eyes plastered on it anyway. I wanted some simple blindfold or scarf, not a veil or chunk of metal.

    Also, on topic, I like how they made openings for the classes that are like the openings to the movies, with the scroll and everything.

  8. #48
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,566
    Not gonna lie, these small things make me majorly hyped about this. I've been waiting these for years in wow but sadly the only things that come close are council in BOT or ethereals. All images are from eternity vault video..so bad quality etc


    The animation of these fellows is just flat out amazingly cool. It really adds to the heroic feeling and the "coolness" of the characters. They dont feel pansies(elfscough) or something that ends up taking whole screen (cowscough). And they seem so smooth and fluent.


    HOODS!
    Proper hoods! Theres no clipping that I see and they hoods dont look like you are some red riding hood for crying out loud.


    Well I cant wait for tank like that eh? It just..fits juggernaught.


    I'm not sure what spell is he using but hes back fires up when he does that spell and its not even the flyin in air raining missiles one either.
    Its pretty cool addition when small things like that happens while you fight. Its doesnt feel generic "watching your chars back for 3 hours" even stuff happens at the back, where it should be!
    The fact that most spells have their own animations..no longer you have 2 cast spells now strike is strike and leap is leap not "run animation high speed"
    Last edited by Iceleaf; 2011-10-09 at 12:47 AM.
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  9. #49
    The casted missile coming from his back is called tracer missile i believe. And yeh using different abilities and they shoot from where those gadgets are actually on the armour... its something incredibly small but its awesome.

  10. #50
    No NDA protected information
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-09 at 03:24 AM.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  11. #51
    High Overlord Dalagrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    130
    I believe that the best part of the little things would have to be the immersion factor. It might be a big SELLING point, but the actually immersion comes from developing all of the little things into a meshed together big thing. Such as, the music of the situation, to the certain animations your character uses, to the voices of the characters in the situation.

  12. #52
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    96
    The fact that it's almost here makes me smile. A lot. ^_^

  13. #53
    Datacrons... A reason to explore every nook and cranny of the planets =)

  14. #54
    Mechagnome deathtakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Oh don't get me started!

    The subtle things make this game, and there are so many.

    <snip>

    I guess I'll stop there and let others actually contribute...
    Trolls I like when you post about what you like about SW: TOR it always gets me so pumped because I trust your opinions about the game.

    OT: The sheer amount of polish and attention to detail in this game is insane. Oh it's not a little thing by any means, but having a choice in the dialog your character speaks is amazing for an mmo.
    Last edited by deathtakes; 2011-10-09 at 05:58 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Personally, I enjoy the fact that voices echo in long hallways, Battlefield style. Depth of sound is a large plus for me, and shows a lot of polish. I also like how when you respawn in PvP, you fly in on a speeder bike.

    The GW2 version of this thread for those interested: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post13573377
    Not everyone was lucky enough to be picked for beta (not that anyone would know from the staggering amount of people posting here that are) so I don't know the little things from the game because Bioware decided to team up with every other developer out there and kick me in the balls by never giving me beta invites.

    I assume everyone who got beta invites must have made like 10-1000 profiles just to actually be picked.
    Anyways...

    The worlds look nice though. Being different planets the game can show a lot of environments without breaking logical flow. Unlike in WoW where you step past a border of a zone and the environment can do a 180 because a hill separates the two zones (Hillsbrand foothils instantly to snowey Alterac Mtns or any zone difference in outland)

    Or maybe that not only you or your companions connect to your character but even NPCs will take interest in you through interactive conversations. In Wow there was some of that but without any input by your character its all very one-sided and impersonal since you know that character has the same enthusiasms with 12 million other players. The fact that you could probably get extra info or possibly make a rival/enemy/disdainful npc by making different choices is a big plus. You could watch someone else play the same class and could ask the player "what did you do to make that person so rude to you? they are always nice to me..."
    Last edited by Argroth; 2011-10-09 at 08:48 PM.

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,248
    Explosion animation/Smoke.

    I've never been this impressed by smoke animation in a game.

    In the videos it looked good but while playing the game today I realised just how amazing it looks.

  17. #57
    The Patient creedster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    211
    I have no idea since I haven't played the game yet! ARGHHHH!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Not gonna lie, these small things make me majorly hyped about this. I've been waiting these for years in wow but sadly the only things that come close are council in BOT or ethereals. All images are from eternity vault video..so bad quality etc


    The animation of these fellows is just flat out amazingly cool. It really adds to the heroic feeling and the "coolness" of the characters. They dont feel pansies(elfscough) or something that ends up taking whole screen (cowscough). And they seem so smooth and fluent.


    HOODS!
    Proper hoods! Theres no clipping that I see and they hoods dont look like you are some red riding hood for crying out loud.


    Well I cant wait for tank like that eh? It just..fits juggernaught.


    I'm not sure what spell is he using but hes back fires up when he does that spell and its not even the flyin in air raining missiles one either.
    Its pretty cool addition when small things like that happens while you fight. Its doesnt feel generic "watching your chars back for 3 hours" even stuff happens at the back, where it should be!
    The fact that most spells have their own animations..no longer you have 2 cast spells now strike is strike and leap is leap not "run animation high speed"
    If that's a bounty hunter in your last picture there, the ability being used is called Death From Above. Trooper equivalent is called Mortar Volley.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    If that's a bounty hunter in your last picture there, the ability being used is called Death From Above. Trooper equivalent is called Mortar Volley.
    No your wrong thats not death from above, death from above he flies into the air and rains down blaster shots or rockets. That last pic he is shooting a missle from his jetpack, like Boba Fett had one sticking out the top of his that he never used. Ive seen it used in many erm videos...DfA is a AOE the missle isnt

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    No your wrong thats not death from above, death from above he flies into the air and rains down blaster shots or rockets. That last pic he is shooting a missle from his jetpack, like Boba Fett had one sticking out the top of his that he never used. Ive seen it used in many erm videos...DfA is a AOE the missle isnt
    Hard to tell from that small picture, and the....somewhat youthful shall we say english, easy to mistake. Oh well.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •