Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Woman suing producers of Drive(Must Read lol)

She's basically suing them because she was mislead by the trailer thinking it was like 'Fast and the Furious'. ROFL feel free to read the article and make fun of Michigan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...gosling-245871

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 04:50 PM ----------

nothing? really?

Maybe my sense of humor is really different than everyone else...hmm

It's sad to me there are people like this out there. I know I talked to one last week. She started the conversation swearing up a storm, saying she was going to sue for false advertising, go talk to the media, etc. After I got her calmed down a bit I was able to piece together what the issue was. She had gone into Wal-Mart in California and bought Glow-in-the-Dark Spiderwebs and apparently they don't glow. She did a search for the manufacturer and found a contact list which listed us because we do carry some of the manufacturer's product. She chose us to call because we had the only 1-800 number listed. I estimate that the spiderweb cost about $5.00 retail and probably less since it's Wal-mart. Did I mention we aren't even in the States but in Canada? I'm still waiting to hear about a lawsuit involving glow-in-the-dark spiderwebs. Any day now right?

Going back to the movie lawsuit yes misleading trailers are annoying but there are so many different websites where you can go and get feedback to help you see if you should see a movie. I usually visit ign.com and my local newspaper as their expectations and reactions to movies are inline to mine. I haven't seen Drive but from what I've seen Fast & The Furious wasn't my first choice as a comparable movie but instead a more serious Transporter. Sadly my local theater decided not to show it so it will be a couple of months before I can decide for myself.

Drive is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time and the fact that it simultaneously trolls stupid people who were expecting to see just another dumb action movie is just icing on the cake

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    It's sad to me there are people like this out there. I know I talked to one last week. She started the conversation swearing up a storm, saying she was going to sue for false advertising, go talk to the media, etc. After I got her calmed down a bit I was able to piece together what the issue was. She had gone into Wal-Mart in California and bought Glow-in-the-Dark Spiderwebs and apparently they don't glow. She did a search for the manufacturer and found a contact list which listed us because we do carry some of the manufacturer's product. She chose us to call because we had the only 1-800 number listed. I estimate that the spiderweb cost about $5.00 retail and probably less since it's Wal-mart. Did I mention we aren't even in the States but in Canada? I'm still waiting to hear about a lawsuit involving glow-in-the-dark spiderwebs. Any day now right?

Going back to the movie lawsuit yes misleading trailers are annoying but there are so many different websites where you can go and get feedback to help you see if you should see a movie. I usually visit ign.com and my local newspaper as their expectations and reactions to movies are inline to mine. I haven't seen Drive but from what I've seen Fast & The Furious wasn't my first choice as a comparable movie but instead a more serious Transporter. Sadly my local theater decided not to show it so it will be a couple of months before I can decide for myself.
    good post.

BTW Drive is better than any Fast and the Furious movie and definitely comparable to a more serious transporter but with a better plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I get called all sorts of things for suggesting that we should legalize dueling again. But really, how would that possibly be worse than people suing each other every time somebody gets their feelings hurt?

Deleted
    If she gets any sort of money out of them, I think I may well break down and cry; Can we sue her for wasting the court's time ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archix View Post
    If she gets any sort of money out of them, I think I may well break down and cry; Can we sue her for wasting the court's time ?
    Or lynch her for making a mockery of our judicial system?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Deming is seeking a refund for her movie ticket, in addition to halting the production of "misleading movie trailers" in the future"

Really? That's it? What a waste of time and money....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archix View Post
    Can we sue her for wasting the court's time ?
    The defendant can counter-sue for legal fees.

The problem with Drive is/was that when word first broke about Dwayne 'The Rock" Johnson being in the next FatF movie, not much was put out in the media as far as a movie called Drive with the same actor starring in both movies, but which Drive came out months before the latest FatF.

I can kinda see where her confusion came into play, but that's why sites like IMDb.com exist.

I see her point. I don't agree with her 100%, but I've seen a few situations where movie trailers and promotional material made the movie out to be something it wasn't. Such was the case when The Blair Witch Project first came out. They actually aired a separate show giving the background story as to what the group of people were going into the woods to document. And a lot of people based on that tv spot, and not the movie itself, thought this was a based on reality movie and it wasn't. It pissed a lot of people off. I can't blame them.

The lady isn't asking for money as far as I can tell, just that the price of her admission be refunded. I don't like that in america someone can sue because the artery clogging food made them fat after living off it. I also dislike being intentionally mislead.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaby View Post
    I see her point. I don't agree with her 100%, but I've seen a few situations where movie trailers and promotional material made the movie out to be something it wasn't. Such was the case when The Blair Witch Project first came out. They actually aired a separate show giving the background story as to what the group of people were going into the woods to document. And a lot of people based on that tv spot, and not the movie itself, thought this was a based on reality movie and it wasn't. It pissed a lot of people off. I can't blame them.

The lady isn't asking for money as far as I can tell, just that the price of her admission be refunded. I don't like that in america someone can sue because the artery clogging food made them fat after living off it. I also dislike being intentionally mislead.
    There was no misleading, she just has shitty tastes in movies and accidentally seeing an amazing movie pissed her off

Trailer looks nothing like Fast and the Furious judging by the trailer only i would guess this film is about criminals doing a heist and dealing with consequnces. Sometimes the protoganist has to drive cars.

How can this be misleading?

jesus christ, dont tell me shes a 40 something white woman , probably divorced and ugly? And fat.
    if its true then thats what those "kind" of people do their life is terrible because they are terrible people.
    Iv seen plenty of "Those" people , they complain and go through all this trouble just to win a small battle..

Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't notice that the entire movie was anti-semitic. I understand the thing about Ron Perlman's character and that whole shit, but they were members of the Italian mafia, it added realism to a movie designed to show real, gritty, crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I didn't notice that the entire movie was anti-semitic. I understand the thing about Ron Perlman's character and that whole shit, but they were members of the Italian mafia, it added realism to a movie designed to show real, gritty, crime.
    Anything can be Anti-Semitic

6 years ago in school my teacher told me about a mother who was complaining that history books promote anti-semitism the topic was about Third Reich and contained these Anti-Semitic "Jew" posters

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Or lynch her for making a mockery of our judicial system?
    Sadly, our judicial system has done that to itself.

I used to work at a gas station for four years. Our sign was old and wasn't designed to show any prices over $1.99. As a result the sign always read the cents, but never the dollars. (IE: .49) The pumps, however, were electronic and DID have the correct price in full on them.

One night a woman came in after pumping $20 worth of gas, and demanded that I give her her money back because she thought the gas was .49 a gallon. I explained the situation to her regarding the old sign, and she became more irate. I finally told her, "I'll give you your money back when you give me my gas back." She said she was going to sue and stormed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilhouse View Post
    Sadly, our judicial system has done that to itself.
    I suggest that we sue the judicial system.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

She probably went to U of M...
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!