Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello, I was doing trial for a mythic guild and I liked the direction on how the stuff was sorted out until, I got the devesating news today to either f off or become a social (I was told the DPS was shit, and the dmg I took was way too high).
    I look at my logs and see that I do about 25% precentile on the fight, where I'd imagine the raid leader wanted to see me push numbers to about 50-75% precentile. I've spent lots of time on my own on analyzing the logs and try to figure out how things ended up like that. but in all honesty i've come up to a point that I need help from other people.

The logs are presented as you click on them...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../latest#boss=0

Now I was told not to number whore (bladestorm) on the Darmac fight. In that case I know I could have geared more toward ST to gain more presentable numbers.
    On oregorge I simply tried to do my best within the stack phase, but when you know this thing role I believe I either spent too much time looking for crates or
    not hitting something...

My armory goes as this...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tella/advanced

note: when I do fury I go TG and just add a Thogar's Spear... the haste mastery one... heroic no additonal bling on it.
    I do have a Vial of Convulsive Shadows Heroic version (not sure if its good better than the WF forgemaster...)

So the question left is.... How do I improve myself...? How do I reach this 50-75% precentile? What suggestion would make me reach this number?
    Missing a progression is the hardest content I've encountered

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzoroth View Post
    I'm still confused why there is such a big difference in mythic and heroic kills.
    Fight length.

I'm going to just look at your Gruul kills since there's a lot of environmental effects with Blackhand, and Gruul is pretty patchwerk.

Your heroic kill hit execute phase much sooner from the pull than your Mythic kill did. You also used Avatar on the heroic kill as opposed to BB. If you have the Maidens trinket, it's generally best to use AM/Avatar for single target fights because every other Avatar will line up with your trinket's cd. AM also would have given you another recklessness on Mythic Gruul giving you a little more damage between the pull and execute phase while still allowing you to have reck up for executes.

You also have more RB than WS uses. Generally, you want to spend rage on WS over RB unless you're at 2 charges. This typically leaves you at about 15-20 more WS uses than RB uses. This leads me to believe you're mismanaging your rage in that respect. Looking at the logs, there were periods of 12-20 seconds without any wild strike damage. You also are sitting >100 rage(excluding execute phase) for about 50% of the fight.

So I'd say you need to be using more Wild Strikes and trying out AM/Avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyuuSaber View Post
    So the question left is.... How do I improve myself...? How do I reach this 50-75% precentile? What suggestion would make me reach this number?
    For both fights, it looks you're sitting on bloodsurge procs and should be looking to use those right away(outside of executes when you should use it when you don't have the rage to execute)

On Darmac, you go almost 5 minutes after your first recklessness before using your second.You're also using your second pot on your second recklessness and should be saving it for execute phase on those fights.

On Ore, if you have a Vial, you're better off running AM/Avatar and lining it up with the trinket. It also looks like you guys hit execute right before he started his second roll. If that's the case, I'd wait to pot/reck until after he finishes his second roll.

note: when I do fury I go TG and just add a Thogar's Spear... the haste mastery one... heroic no additonal bling on it.
    I do have a Vial of Convulsive Shadows Heroic version (not sure if its good better than the WF forgemaster...)

Yes use Vial ! Forgemaster's is terrible but a warforged mythic one should be slightly better than Horn. Just sim it to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus View Post
    Yes use Vial ! Forgemaster's is terrible but a warforged mythic one should be slightly better than Horn. Just sim it to be sure.
    I know that forgemaster is the worst DPS trinket of the 3 BRF trinket, but I always questioned over the mythic WF would be any better than the heroic vial of convulsive shadows. Of course as you say sim would tell you numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonconrad View Post
    Fight length.

- - - Updated - - -

For both fights, it looks you're sitting on bloodsurge procs and should be looking to use those right away(outside of executes when you should use it when you don't have the rage to execute)

On Darmac, you go almost 5 minutes after your first recklessness before using your second.You're also using your second pot on your second recklessness and should be saving it for execute phase on those fights.

On Ore, if you have a Vial, you're better off running AM/Avatar and lining it up with the trinket. It also looks like you guys hit execute right before he started his second roll. If that's the case, I'd wait to pot/reck until after he finishes his second roll.
    From what I could extract from this text was, sitting on bloodsurge proc and not using recklessness as often as I should. The thing with the bloodsurge proc is because back in the days when I had a fellow warrior that out damage me I asked him for tips. You see my playstyle back then was pop everything as they glow, where his playstyle was pool everything up and dump them along with activation trinket. I then adept to his playstyle which ended up in what you see in the logs. (hence the hold back of bloodsurge proc) If you're saying the build up and dump all thing is a wrong approach, i'm more than happy to just go back to my old playstyle which was pop them as they glow. As for recklessness usage it probably only means I need to spend more time understanding how long fights last so I can plan better usage.
    Missing a progression is the hardest content I've encountered

I know that forgemaster is the worst DPS trinket of the 3 BRF trinket, but I always questioned over the mythic WF would be any better than the heroic vial of convulsive shadows. Of course as you say sim would tell you numbers.
    Replace Horn, not Vial.

Hi guys,

i need your help here. i have read several guides online, from Noxxic, Icy Veins even MMO Champion and on Method site, and last on youtube videos. I even ask people in the game about warrior or stats etc. What i understood is that, i have to stack Crit - Mastery - Multistrike and haste is worst stats.

Armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zsxdcfv/simple

Warcraft logs link https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...9375774/latest

I m struggling hard on getting my dps up base on my gear i should be able to get higher. Right now i am struggling to keep it up 20k dps. Some fight such as in Highmaul Butcher, is very sad with lower then 15k dps.

Inititial burst is fine, then burst is done, dps dip so low that is sad.

what are you guys suggestions? what other input do i need to present?

Quote Originally Posted by racsow View Post
    Hi guys,

i need your help here. i have read several guides online, from Noxxic, Icy Veins even MMO Champion and on Method site, and last on youtube videos. I even ask people in the game about warrior or stats etc. What i understood is that, i have to stack Crit - Mastery - Multistrike and haste is worst stats.

Armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zsxdcfv/simple

Warcraft logs link https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...9375774/latest

I m struggling hard on getting my dps up base on my gear i should be able to get higher. Right now i am struggling to keep it up 20k dps. Some fight such as in Highmaul Butcher, is very sad with lower then 15k dps.

Inititial burst is fine, then burst is done, dps dip so low that is sad.

what are you guys suggestions? what other input do i need to present?

Biggest problem is enrage uptime. Stop delaying BT so much, and use berserker rage to enrage yourself. For some inexplicable reason you never use berserker rage. Also, prioritize lower ilevel pieces with crit, your crit is extremely low.

On Gruul, you also wasted incredible amounts of rage by sitting capped for obnoxious amounts of time. Use wild strike to bleed off rage.

Looking for some help, I'm really struggling and can't figure out why.

Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...setyler/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...574326/latest/

I've got my UI set up so I can see what's ready and I'm using the priority

Berserker Rage whenever enrage is down
    Execute when sudden death procs
    Wild strike at 100+ rage or when the 2 free ones proc
    Raging Blow (20%+)
    Storm Bolt
    Bloodthirst

In execute phase, it's pretty much

Execute at 100+ rage
    Sudden death execute
    Wild strike procs
    Storm Bolt
    Boodthirst

I also need to replace a trinket and my off-hand and I only have the 2-pc T17, but I don't think my dps should be THAT low.

Quote Originally Posted by Axyos View Post
    Looking for some help, I'm really struggling and can't figure out why.

Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...setyler/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...574326/latest/

I've got my UI set up so I can see what's ready and I'm using the priority

Execute when sudden death procs
    Wild strike at 100+ rage or when the 2 free ones proc
    Raging Blow (20%+)
    Storm Bolt
    Bloodthirst

In execute phase, it's pretty much

Execute at 100+ rage
    Sudden death execute
    Wild strike procs
    Storm Bolt
    Boodthirst

I also need to replace a trinket and my off-hand and I only have the 2-pc T17, but I don't think my dps should be THAT low.
    The priority list prior Execute range should be something around:
    If you're not Enraged and BT is on cd, then use Berserker Rage.
    Execute if you're Enraged, but if not then use BT/BR, use BT when you have less than 2 stacks on RB and when you don't have Bloodsurge.
    Storm Bolt (talents or whatever) if you're at 80- rage or just something around that. Try not to use any ability that costs no rage if you're at 100 rages cuz you will get capped.

And ofcourse, use Wild Strike whenever you're Enraged and have the rage to do it, don't do the "I should only use it when I have 100 rages", both of the damages will be the same, but let's say you're at 70 rages and you use a BT (you will go to 80 rages), let's say you got a Bloodsurge proc and a crit from your auto attacks at the same time, you will have something around 110 rages but you won't be able to burn your rage cuz of Bloodsurge. So, just burn your rage asap.

Now let's get to your logs:
    1- I would like to say that you have a terrible luck with Sudden Death, 5:28 fight length and only 13 Sudden Death procs.
    2- Good Enrage uptime.
    3- You used only 1 potion.
    4- You need to replace your Shattered Bleed enchant, it's terrible if you wanna do good dps.
    5- Replace Infesting Spores trinket with anything, Scabbard is a lot better in my opinion. You have to have 1 on-use trinket.
    6- 328 (fight length) / 4 (BT's average cd) = 82, but you had 71 BT casts, 11 BT could make a good difference.

Now to your replay:
    1- You had a terrible start, you used Storm Bolt on your way to the boss after the charge. A normal Storm Bolt with no procs, no damage cds and no Enrage should deal something around 8-16k, but a Storm Bolt with full procs should deal something around 50-70k at 680 ilvl. You're 691 I think.
    2- You used your 2nd Blood Fury at 2:01 which was 14 seconds before Avatar and Reck came off cd. You should've waited to stack them all together.
    3- You used your 3rd Blood Fury at 4:03 at 25% of the boss's HP, you should've saved it for Reck + Avatar when he gets to 20%.
    4- You used only 3 Executes during your Reck, you should pool some rage before you use Reck so you can fit in as many Executes as possible.

In general, Gruul is an RNG fight by either you get or don't get Petrified, and you got it 5 times which helped on reducing your dps.

I hope I could help with something and good luck in your raids.

It's not just Gruul though too, I struggle to get over 30k in any fight at the moment and not sure why.

I will try lining up my CDs better though too. I guess I just feel like I'm not playing terribly, but my dps is just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Axyos View Post
    It's not just Gruul though too, I struggle to get over 30k in any fight at the moment and not sure why.

I will try lining up my CDs better though too. I guess I just feel like I'm not playing terribly, but my dps is just crap.
    I usually just check Gruul and Oregorger since they are the only pure "Single Target" fights. The problem with aoe fights is that if you wanna do good dps, then your raid has to have few aoers. Single Target fights are the ones that depend on you and the fight length.

Edit: On aoe fights, only few people can be on the top, which means, the more dps they do the less dps you will do. While on ST fights, the more dps your raid does the more dps you will do.

Deleted
    Can anyone look at my logs and tell me how could I improve my overall damage output? I follow fury warrior guide posted here on forums. My itemlevel is 689, here is link to armory ... can not post link but look for character/defias-brotherhood/Potkaniak/simple ... I do not have best enchants on everything because I do not have tons of gold and gear will change soon now. I ask more in regard of using abilties etc., if anyone can see if there is something really wrong by looking at my logs. Thanks for help.

Here are logs from our guild yesterday HFC attempt - sadly I can not post links but just go to warcraft logs and search for Potkaniak from defias brotherhood, we have log of our HFC from yesterday and some BH attempts etc.

Thanks for any advice, warrior dps masters!

I also have question about execute phase - do I just use bloodthirst, Wild strike procs and berserker rage and wait until I have 100 rage to use execute? My guildie who is also a warr said just to dump all rage into execute and if I do not have enough, use wild strike procs and bloodthirst to get enough rage for execute.

helps me :)

Hello guys

I need some help whit my dps, I really wanna improve on my dps and dmg, I think I might be doing some thing wrong whit the rotation, It seems to me that my dmg is going really low out side cd lower then I think it should be, so im not sure if that is how things just are or it just me.

My Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ishoo/advanced
    I also got 2 Taner's Terrible Spine.

I got some logs you guys can have a look at to see what im doing wrong.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6259/.

Every help is really appreciate since I really want to improve my performance.
    Last edited by Nisho; 2015-06-29 at 03:42 PM.

I'm gonna start answering from the bottom: If you're Arms, then yeah you should save up rage to spam Executes inside of Colossus Smash. If you're Fury, then just dump your rage on Executes while trying to keep Enrage up by using Bloodthirst/Berserker Rage, Wild Strikes only with Bloodsurge. You can also use Raging Blows if you don't have enough rage to Execute.

I'm not playing WoW presently, so I don't understand anything on Hellfire, but I'm gonna be comparing both of you on Gorefiend:

You:
    Bloodthirst 75
    Raging Blow 62
    Wild Strike 70
    Execute 53
    lvl 60 talent DR 5
    lvl 90 talent BS 2
    lvl 100 talent Siege 2
    Enrage uptime 77.13%
    Recklessness 2 (bad timing)

Scavenge:
    Bloodthirst 89
    Raging Blow 75
    Wild Strike 76
    Execute 39
    lvl 60 talent DR 8
    lvl 90 talent Bloodbath 8
    lvl 100 talent Ravager 8
    Enrage uptime 85.48%
    Recklessness 3 (1 at start, 1 midfight and 1 on Execute phase)

Conclusion: You have to pay more attention to your talents, don't pick a talent for aoe if you're gonna use it only twice in the fight. And don't pick a talent for single target if you're also gonna use it only twice in a fight. The difference on BT, Raging Blow and Wild Strike casts is something you should work on. You had 17 more Sudden Death procs than he did (such luck) but only used 14 more Executes than he did, which makes me think that you might have messed up in the last 20%. You used Execute with no Enrage in the beggining. You used DR after 33 seconds of the fight (with no Enrage as well). I must say your Crit is either low or you're just unlucky, 32 seconds and you've had only 4 BT crits. Both of you used the 2nd pot before 20%. Anyways, I don't think I can point out any other thing, maybe some other warrior who did HFC can help you more. Good luck.

Edit: The underline-bold is his score.
    Edit 2: Put both of you in separate lines.
    Last edited by Headscutter; 2015-06-26 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Biggest problem is enrage uptime. Stop delaying BT so much, and use berserker rage to enrage yourself. For some inexplicable reason you never use berserker rage. Also, prioritize lower ilevel pieces with crit, your crit is extremely low.

On Gruul, you also wasted incredible amounts of rage by sitting capped for obnoxious amounts of time. Use wild strike to bleed off rage.
    Thanks for the reply. at this moments, i need to stack CRIT above all.

What about haste ? is it the worst stats?

At the start of the new tier, i was asked by my guild to switch to warrior.
    Im very new to it all and definately not putting out the numbers i should be.

Im looking for help, i just need to some tips to push me in the right direction.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7164/8/#boss=0
    (i know majority fights i actually died, but this is my first time playing melee seriously so still very new to it all)

Thank you

Deleted
    Hello Dear Warriors,

I feel like im doing something wrong or I'm just terrible.
    Opening phase isn't that bad, but then, deeper in fight I feel like I'm missing something. I tried to hardtry as much as i could, even imported some Wa strings to keep an eye on cooldowns/timers.

Still i feel like 30k as 678 is pathetic low. I will be greatfull for any tips, criticism etc.

Best regards

Links aren't working , I had to overcome fresh acc restrictions
    Armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Blowmysword/simple

Log(Grull-LFR, died in the end becouse tanks were down):
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u4f6wv2ac3p7vt77/details/3/?s=1924&e=2149

No one wanna take a look at my logs and help out then, 1 page back

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Nisho View Post
    No one wanna take a look at my logs and help out then, 1 page back

thx
    I think I was the only one answering this thread, but the thing now is that I stopped playing before the patch release by a couple of months. I don't understand anything in HFC, I wouldn't give tips to anyone in Blackhand cuz I never killed him myself. So, I don't know how rotations should work in HFC bosses and what talents to choose, I'm sorry.

Edit: I think this might help: Search for a warrior that has the same/or almost the same fight length as yours (a warrior with decent dps). Check his logs, watch the replay, go to the "Buffs" tab, check when he used his cds, go to the "Casts" tab and check how many casts he had on each ability and compare them to yours, by doing so you will be able to:

1- Know where you're slacking.
    2- Know what you're supposed to do.
    3- Know what talents you should be going.

And good luck in your raiding.
    Last edited by Headscutter; 2015-07-01 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Headscutter View Post
    I think I was the only one answering this thread, but the thing now is that I stopped playing before the patch release by a couple of months. I don't understand anything in HFC, I wouldn't give tips to anyone in Blackhand cuz I never killed him myself. So, I don't know how rotations should work in HFC bosses and what talents to choose, I'm sorry.

Edit: I think this might help: Search for a warrior that has the same/or almost the same fight length as yours (a warrior with decent dps). Check his logs, watch the replay, go to the "Buffs" tab, check when he used his cds, go to the "Casts" tab and check how many casts he had on each ability and compare them to yours, by doing so you will be able to:

1- Know where you're slacking.
    2- Know what you're supposed to do.
    3- Know what talents you should be going.

And good luck in your raiding.
    Thx alot Headscutter, yea seems ppl are on summer break.