Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urden View Post
    Really not understanding why my damage is so low. Is it just not the legendary ring? I was losing to a fury warrior with the legendary ring who was 10 ilvls below me last night.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arzak/advanced (yes I know I need to change the crit gem to Mastery, I also have the wrong weapon equipped I have a 2nd Calamity's with Bleeding Hollow)
    Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...BFD7y#fight=58

We had a lot of wipes to fel lord last night. I was always behind the fury warrior who was 10 ilvls lower than me. Is there something I am doing blatantly wrong?
    Yes. Just looking at Socrethar log, you rended the shadowcaller (caster adds) zero times, which is BAD.

1. Rend does great damage for rage spent even though its damage doesn't benefit from mastery.
    2. Rend generates rage with TFB if specced.
    3. Rend procs MS.

If there's 2 or 3 targets you should be rending all of them unless they will die too quickly.

And yes, legendary ring is huge and much stronger than any of our CDs, so not having it is a big deal.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-10-17 at 10:44 PM.

Armory
    Logs

My dps really seems to fluctuate. In the beginning my dps tends to be around the 70-80k mark easily keeping rend up on archi,doomfire,deathcallers when they spawn, keeping sweeping strikes up and using bloodbath when doomfire is close to execute range. Sometimes I feel like my executes miss? if the doomfire dies to fast it feels like execute is not registering but im still losing the rage? anywho usually goes well til phase 2 when the dogs/overseer come out. I tend to lose my rhythm and try to put rend up on everything and my dps drops substantially. At this point it feels im constantly running around trying to rend stuff and snipe executes and my dps drops to the 50's. We have not killed him yet but have had a few attempts sub 20% even then saving recklessness for pot, col smash, execute my dps is still in the 50's at the end of the fight. I know arms is supposed to be really strong for this fight are there any tips or pointers you guys can give me. I feel I should be topping the meters with my gear.

Ty for your time.
    Last edited by Vandimar; 2015-10-20 at 03:50 PM.

Hello, I have a lot of trouble trying to get used to playing arms on Archimonde. I've been trying to learn how to play arms on this fight and it's been tough so far. I find it really difficult switching to the adds in time and sniping executes, as well as the really chaotic last phase. I would like to get some inputs on mythic as well since my guild has just started progression on it. On that note, I would also like some inputs for improvement for a fellow warrior in my guild as I'm not too good at analyzing logs. My toon name is Cypherz and his name is Hävitetty. Ty in advance.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Cypherz/simple
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Hävitetty/simple

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/GXzFyRPaQNJfAL8r#fight=23&source=368&type=damage-done (H Archimonde)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/fZV4B9bJ8WjmKkr2#fight=25&type=damage-done (M HFA)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/fZV4B9bJ8WjmKkr2#fight=72&type=damage-done (M HFA)

Can't really post links as I don't have enough posts yet.

hi all, been struggling lately on pulling my numbers up. not able to see what I am doing wrong. I did swap to arms for the first time in forever on Archimonde for one pull, normally fury. we're farming Archi for class trinkets while working on heroic, doesnt seem to be just one boss in particular so I am sure it is something I am doing incorrectly.

armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Shaggmz/simple

warcraftlogs.com/reports/bkR3VXCaYADT1Ltp (11-8 logs)

(cant post links yet)

hey guys, really trying to hash out / maximize my contribution for mythics. - hoping y'all can help me with this.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11248484/latest/#boss=0

Also, just out of curiosity - does this make sense?

Hellfire Assault - Fury
    Reaver - Arms
    Kromrok - Fury
    Council - Arms
    Deadeye - Arms
    Gorefiend - Arms
    Iskar - Fury
    Soc - Arms
    Tyrant - Arms
    Zakuun - Arms
    Xhul - Fury?
    Archi - Fury?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyworld View Post
    hey guys, really trying to hash out / maximize my contribution for mythics. - hoping y'all can help me with this.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11248484/latest/#boss=0

Also, just out of curiosity - does this make sense?

Hellfire Assault - Fury
    Reaver - Arms
    Kromrok - Fury
    Council - Arms
    Deadeye - Arms
    Gorefiend - Arms
    Iskar - Fury
    Soc - Arms
    Tyrant - Arms
    Zakuun - Arms
    Xhul - Fury?
    Archi - Fury?
    Hellfire Assault - Fury - Yes
    Reaver - Arms - Either
    Kromrok - Fury - Yes
    Council - Arms - Yes
    Deadeye - Arms - Either
    Gorefiend - Arms - Either
    Iskar - Fury - Either, Fury for big ranks but Arms for progress (even that is entirely perspective based).
    Soc - Arms - Either, Arms for big ranks
    Tyrant - Arms - Yes
    Zakuun - Arms - Either
    Xhul - Fury? - Either
    Archi - Fury? - Arms, ideally.

It's a strange one because I think you're probably raiding a long way above your pay grade, I'd usually be giving advice to Warriors who are wiping in heroic and thus gaining a lot of experience as a result of that wiping and gradual progression, where as you've sort of been given a Ferrari and thrown into a Grand Prix without working your way up.. It's a lot of time to pour through logs so forgive me if I don't help you directly there, but it's the sort of thing you need to learn by doing.

If you have a decent internet connection you should stream yourself playing so you can watch back later, on top of that I'd be happy to watch a play vid and give you some pointers but log digging takes a lot more time, not to mention it WCL chugs on my system for some reason.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-11-16 at 09:23 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Hellfire Assault - Fury - Yes
    Reaver - Arms - Either
    Kromrok - Fury - Yes
    Council - Arms - Yes
    Deadeye - Arms - Either
    Gorefiend - Arms - Either
    Iskar - Fury - Either, Fury for big ranks but Arms for progress (even that is entirely perspective based).
    Soc - Arms - Either, Arms for big ranks
    Tyrant - Arms - Yes
    Zakuun - Arms - Either
    Xhul - Fury? - Either
    Archi - Fury? - Arms, ideally.

It's a strange one because I think you're probably raiding a long way above your pay grade, I'd usually be giving advice to Warriors who are wiping in heroic and thus gaining a lot of experience as a result of that wiping and gradual progression, where as you've sort of been given a Ferrari and thrown into a Grand Prix without working your way up.. It's a lot of time to pour through logs so forgive me if I don't help you directly there, but it's the sort of thing you need to learn by doing.

If you have a decent internet connection you should stream yourself playing so you can watch back later, on top of that I'd be happy to watch a play vid and give you some pointers but log digging takes a lot more time, not to mention it WCL chugs on my system for some reason.
    thanks!

Ive never recorded myself, maybe will try that and watch. Yeah i have to admit i'm not bad enough to be crying, but not good enough that i'm clearly posting here.

1. I've even d/l'd stuff like spell bitten's warrior thing for rotation flashing and I am totally hitting the spells that light up and going for them before they light up. I guess that's where my frustration is, i don't know where in my rotation i'm fully messing up.

Also it just seems so weird, i can barely break 60k on a lot of fights, but then hit 82k on Zakuun, and even 96 as fury on iskar. it feels really RNG-ish

in arms im at nearly 198% Mastery with 30.05% crit, and my MS following CS isn't always crit-ing....when i open sometimes i'll open and get 115-220k crits, other times I am sitting at 75k crits.

Then from there, in the rotation, I feel like i'm sitting there white hitting alot, as i try to avoid using any WW at all and TC isn't even on my bars. Feels wrong....

but i think something i'm not fulling understanding of is how i feel raged starved even with Rend up 99% of the time.

So, rerolled and trying to improve as much as possible within a good timeframe.

Tonights logs

Armory

Looking for minor(or major things) i might be doing wrong.

Any detail no matter what size, mostly on the fights i play fury, but arms needs improvement as well.

what i feel i need most improve on is, fury, when its worth to swap for exe spam as arms, how long is it worth sitting doing nothing to get rage up for execute. etc
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-11-25 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    You always sit on hands as arms during execute until one of two things happens; you go over 72 rage and execute once so you don't rage cap if your next AA crits or CS procs/comes off CD and you dump 40 rage executes in the window. Pretty damn boring and hard to put yourself into that mindset.

i'm still having a hard time understanding that. I feel like my enrage time is not up often and i end up white hitting for low dps.

Also, when the boss gets to execute range, I feel like i don't get many executes in at all if i just wait....all the valor upgrade has done is give me a boost, but not relative to what i should be outputting

I've been staying as arms more to get used to it - but i do not understand how i'm supposed to be doing 130k DPS consistently....

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyworld View Post
    i'm still having a hard time understanding that. I feel like my enrage time is not up often and i end up white hitting for low dps.

Also, when the boss gets to execute range, I feel like i don't get many executes in at all if i just wait....all the valor upgrade has done is give me a boost, but not relative to what i should be outputting

I've been staying as arms more to get used to it - but i do not understand how i'm supposed to be doing 130k DPS consistently....
    The dps you do is only relative to the kill speed in your group and how much executing you get to do.. It's hard to really understand your point of view without logs or video footage to see what is happening.

Concerning Arms, the fact is that unless you get lucky you're going to rage starve hard after your initial execute burn, once you have blown that bar of rage you're going to be in major rage management mode unless you're in Bloodlust and/or extremely lucky with autoattack crits.

You say 130k dps but you don't mention what boss you're talking about. About Fury enrage uptime, you just press Bloodthirst and hope, keep Berserker Rage as your safety net. Though in truth I rarely do this now, I tend to just use BR for an extra RB these days, enrage uptime is not a big issue for me like it was during T17 days, the class trinket and higher crit has made enrage starvation a much lesser issue.

Again, hard to relate without logs or video footage.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-12-06 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury - 705 - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndomg/advanced - Obv trying to do more DPS, I'm trying to figure out where my issue is. Currently I'm enchanting for Crit, which I need to change but I feel my damage is lacking. I'm not sure if I'm rage starving myself trying to get WS crits which i think I'm kinda doing I know.

This is more of a general thing, Patchwerk is my main issue right now, I want to make sure I have my issues ironed out before I go into fights (so I know already what I should expect and go from there). I recently got 4pc and Class Trinket so I'm trying to learn a bit more about what to do.

I accidently had Furious strikes on the first parse, however I just rolled with it as I was told my friend that I might wanna use FS until I get a few more pieces of gear. FS came out higher in actual DPS than SD which suprised me, however my uptimes and procs with SD seemed to be much less. I felt more rage starved with SD. I do see that my uptime on things like Bloodsurge was a lot lower, 3 procs vs 8, however, I had a higher uptime on enrage with SD.

Furious Strikes: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nPwJ/#fight=31
    Sudden Death: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nPwJ/#fight=32

Anyway, thanks for reading, hopefully you can give me some feedback.

Edit:
    More logs from my weekly BRF run. I've kinda worked on managing my rage more, I think with using SD I've been trying to get resets on recklessness as much as I could I kept rage starving myself blowing a ton of Wild Strikes, so I tried to cut back on it and just do my normal rotation.
    Last edited by Sarnus; 2015-12-16 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Looking for some help with my warrior. A little background is I quit wow for a while and just now getting back into it in the past month or so. I am behind on ilvl and 4 piece (just got 2 piece from normal), so I know I will not be high on the dmg charts. But I just want to make sure I am "playing my class" correctly.

I run dps sims on it shows I should be closer to mid 65k-70k dps on more of a Butcher style fight. I saw the post above where people are switching between arms and fury. I have been purely playing fury, maybe I should try out arms until i am fully crit/mastery geared for fury.

We are 13/13H and 5/13M.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Samsy/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

I am more interested in am I using the correct attacks or am I using raging blow too much or too less. Where can I improve? Should i not expect a lot until I get full heroic 4p and crit/mastery?

Thanks!

I'm at my wits end. Mythic raiding and I'm still below the 30th percentile on average. I have no idea why. The other warrior in my guild consistently outperforms me, but I've talked to him and our rotations are the same.

armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romholl/simple
    logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1787

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromholl View Post
    I'm at my wits end. Mythic raiding and I'm still below the 30th percentile on average. I have no idea why. The other warrior in my guild consistently outperforms me, but I've talked to him and our rotations are the same.

armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romholl/simple
    logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1787

Thank you in advance.
    I've checked this fight - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=10 - Archimonde as Fury. Just need to say that looking at logs takes quite some time, they chug on my system too so I dont feel like plowing through them all, which is probably why this thread doesn't see much attention, people just don't have the time.. I always ask Warriors to provide video stream footage of them killing a boss because it's much better to see what's going on and get a big picture without having to dig through logs for ages (which nobody is gonna want to do), but people pretty much never follow up on this.

Anyway, I did have a quick look. Fight is 5min 23s long, you had 96% uptime (compared to 99% others, you spent excess time not dpsing anything).

Enrage - 74.8% uptime, Other Warrior had 94.3%.. Let's have a look why.

Berserker Rage - 3 uses, possible maximum of 11 uses (8 seconds enrage per use = up to 64 seconds worth of Enrage wasted, not to mention 8 Raging Blows). Your fellow Warrior used the maximum of 11 uses of Berserker Rage.

Casts per minute - You did 55.4, other Warrior did 77.7
    Bloodthirst - You did 60 (70% crit), other Warrior did 81 (71% crit)
    Raging Blows - You did 26, other Warrior did 55
    Wild Strike - You did 63, other Warrior did 62
    Execute - You did 45, other Warrior did 49
    Recklessness - You had 6, other Warrior had 10.

So you say you're doing the same rotation but that has no meaning here, you're casting way less spells than your fellow Warrior and you have a huge amount of time spent effectively not casting, you have a lot less rage too from the way lower usage of Bloodthirst and Berserker Rage.. Looking further you also didn't have a recklessness for the Bloodlust or Execute phase while your other Warrior fit in 2 during that time, I haven't looked that deep into it but it's unlikely that you didn't have it available for such a long time.

Rage via Bloodthirst - You = 610, Other Warrior = 810
    Rage via Enrage - You = 430, Other Warrior = 710

In addition he ran Avatar while you ran Bloodbath, both of you using the Empty Drinking Horn trinket which gains no benefit from Bloodbath but does from Avatar, though Bloodbath did line up well with Legendary ring your final use of Both Bloodbath + Blood Fury racial didn't line up with the 3rd ring use at all.

Summary : - Ultimately your main issue is you're not casting enough, you're averaging over 20 less spells per minute than your fellow Warrior and generally your use of cooldown stacking and optimisation is not as good. You need to learn to cast better while on the move and maximise every single moment, this may require changing the way you keybind/macro and/or your UI... You need to make it easier on yourself to cast way more spells, focus on using Berserker Rage more and not losing damage while moving.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-12-23 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsams22 View Post
    Looking for some help with my warrior. A little background is I quit wow for a while and just now getting back into it in the past month or so. I am behind on ilvl and 4 piece (just got 2 piece from normal), so I know I will not be high on the dmg charts. But I just want to make sure I am "playing my class" correctly.

I run dps sims on it shows I should be closer to mid 65k-70k dps on more of a Butcher style fight. I saw the post above where people are switching between arms and fury. I have been purely playing fury, maybe I should try out arms until i am fully crit/mastery geared for fury.

We are 13/13H and 5/13M.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Samsy/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

I am more interested in am I using the correct attacks or am I using raging blow too much or too less. Where can I improve? Should i not expect a lot until I get full heroic 4p and crit/mastery?

Thanks!
    Firstly, any reason you want to go Fury on that fight? I definitely agree that it feels more useful if you don't have problems with Doomfire or Deathcaller DPS.

Secondly, your Raging Blow usage is actually very low. Your Ravager did more damage and I'm not quite sure why you even went Ravager on that fight - don't try to pad, it's kind of pointless really.

Bloodthirst uses are also fairly low. 54 BTs in a 6m fight is kind of low (380s/4=95), your Enrage uptime is ~68% which is bad. Only 8 casts of Berserker Rage in a 6m fight? Also low usage.

You don't have 4pc, and yet you take Ravager on a fight you can do better cleaving with WW and use Anger Management to get more Reck uses. Looks like you only used Reck twice, which you should have used thrice actually, and your third one would have synced perfectly with a significant part of the Execute phase.

Hi! I just want to know what I need to improve on. I rank decently overall for the most part but I feel like my bracket ranking can be better. I normally get stuck on bitch duty doing mechanics because we can't trust our raiders to do it properly. Anyway is there anything I can do to increase my performance? I don't know if it's a gear thing or if there are things I can do to tighten up my rotation.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Souku/simple
    Askmrrobot: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/ner'zhul/souku

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hFmHdA#fight=3

Included AMR link incase i'm not in my dps gear.
    Last edited by Videsh; 2015-12-26 at 04:56 PM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    good Afternoon all.

My husband in the guild is having issues figuring out what he is doing wrong in his rotation and spec. Could someone look at the logs and give him some advice? No other warriors in the guild to help him and I know nothing of warriors!!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=7

Quickbeard is his character

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckbeard/simple

Thankyou!

Deleted
    Well right off the bat (haven't got too much time to study). Why is he taking bladestorm? That's an outright dps loss. Personally I like to use avatar, but I hear people preferring bloodthirst as well, both of those are viable options.
    Second, I don't see stormbolt or dragon roar, meaning he took shockwave in an addless fight. my preference is stormbolt here, though again, dragon roar could be viable.
    thirdly, 74% enrage uptime is low, even though I see that he uses thunderlord enchant. I wonder if he has the right stats on his items. (crit until roughly 30% then full on mastery.)
    Fourthly, I see that execute casts are a bit low, might be positioning or rage issues. This translates roughly into 800K-1M damage done missed.
    And lastly, and the most disturbing for me is that I don't see a strength potion. That is the first thing you need to do as a raider. always have them and use 2 of them during the kill. (prepull and somewhere in the fight, in this case it would be execute phase).

Berserker Rage was not utilized to its minimal standard it was used while you were enraged. That tells me you wanted 2Rbs? There are many times when BT don't crit,I would only Resort to using xerker rage then. My ability to maximize enrage up time is what I thrive for in any fight.
    Last edited by Alanious; 2016-01-03 at 04:13 PM.