Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh ffs, why are you speculating? You multidot to get extra orbs, it's that simple.

Trowing shadow Word Pain around is okey, but VT is just slowing the raid down :<

Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Why why why do you multi dot on shannox heroic?
    epeen, thats about it. fights on farm and i can do it with my eyes closed, so might as well meter pad to /flex at the rest of the raid

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    epeen, thats about it. fights on farm and i can do it with my eyes closed, so might as well meter pad to /flex at the rest of the raid
    This, why does it make a difference, not like anyone wipes to Shannox anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Canseve View Post
    This, why does it make a difference, not like anyone wipes to Shannox anymore.
    I just think that if you're really trying to be a good dps, you would not slow the raid down by padding the meters. Also id like to see the math that losing a GCD to swp adds will increase DPS on your main target.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y9...?s=7111&e=7824

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanar/advanced

Any advice from someone who is actually knowledgable about this stuff and not just pulling numbers out of their ass would be greatly appreciated.

To be fair the logs look kind of skewed because almost every caster has a legendary except me.

What I do is constantly keep all dots on the main boss and keep multi dots on the adds in the 2nd transition. Mb on cd whether or not I have orbs. Line up cds whenever possible(obviously).

I know my t11 dagger is a horrible, horrible weapon that should have been replaced 4 months ago.

Alright, I got 30k the other night on Baleroc in this gear:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngalang/simple

Is that around the right amount of dmg with 378 ilvl in a 10 man raid? I do have DI.

Also, if anyone sees anything wrong with me let me knowwww. We are about to enter into heroic content. We have gotten down Shannox, but didn't have enough time this week to attempt anymore since were having a bonfire together lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    Alright, I got 30k the other night on Baleroc in this gear:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngalang/simple

Is that around the right amount of dmg with 378 ilvl in a 10 man raid? I do have DI.

Also, if anyone sees anything wrong with me let me knowwww. We are about to enter into heroic content. We have gotten down Shannox, but didn't have enough time this week to attempt anymore since were having a bonfire together lol.
    You didn't follow the template, you didn't post a WoL link so we can't possibly say if something is wrong. 30k is nice though but normal Baleroc is rather limited in movement compared to heroic. I'd get hit cap since you have 4t12, that's the only thing I can see from your armory. Removing 2/2 phantasm and getting 2/3 inner sanctum as well, no reason to have a useless talent like that in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    You didn't follow the template, you didn't post a WoL link so we can't possibly say if something is wrong. 30k is nice though but normal Baleroc is rather limited in movement compared to heroic. I'd get hit cap since you have 4t12, that's the only thing I can see from your armory. Removing 2/2 phantasm and getting 2/3 inner sanctum as well, no reason to have a useless talent like that in pve.
    Thanks, I'll have to figure out how to do a WoL. I'm guessing a fight has to be recorded for it to be up there. I'll switch the talents next time I get online. An extra 4% spell dmg reduction might make healers happy. I don't see popping innerwill to run fast though. I have lavawalker alreadyyyyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y9...?s=7111&e=7824

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanar/advanced

Any advice from someone who is actually knowledgable about this stuff and not just pulling numbers out of their ass would be greatly appreciated.

To be fair the logs look kind of skewed because almost every caster has a legendary except me.

What I do is constantly keep all dots on the main boss and keep multi dots on the adds in the 2nd transition. Mb on cd whether or not I have orbs. Line up cds whenever possible(obviously).

I know my t11 dagger is a horrible, horrible weapon that should have been replaced 4 months ago.
    So looking at just your P3 burn Here. You seem very low on dmg to rag, were you kiting a meteor at all here? Also did you get 1 or 2 meteors? With 3 heals I'm guessing your going for 1 meteor and therefore your p3 dps is really all that matters. Here is what I do to help that 1 meteor push.

First off dps in p1 doesn't matter so ill ignore that. In p2 it seems your not really doing much AE to the molten elemetals, and thats fine as long as they die and no one else in the raid dies. Your DPS compared to boomkins and demolocks is going to be lower due to this and thats okay. What I do (and this really depends on your strat for the phase) Is move out with the rest of the raid after stacking, but then I dont stack with the raid I move off on my own. This lets me get at least 1 full sear off on the adds, then I solo down my own add, usually all this takes is a MB and 2x sw:d. I'm still not close to top on add dmg but it lets me beat out the rogues ect. The real key tho is to save AA and fiend for that last push from 42% to 37% (also try and get a PI here).

I actually swap out of shadowform and help healing during transitions so I cant comment on the dmg done there really other than multi dotting the scions and it seems you do that already.

During the burn you should save fiend for right before heroism and AA during heroism. Looks like your potting during the burn phase and that's great, but my shadow fiend in p3 did 270k dmg yours did only 110k.

Deleted
    Hey. I wanted to hear why I'm doing very bad dps. do not know if it's my gear, or just my rotation. a priest with almost the same gear as I did 5 times more dmg in a raid than me. then something is wrong. so now I will hear if I can get some help

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Ggilir/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/86o0kf99dvbd1qt1/details/58/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    So looking at just your P3 burn Here. You seem very low on dmg to rag, were you kiting a meteor at all here? Also did you get 1 or 2 meteors? With 3 heals I'm guessing your going for 1 meteor and therefore your p3 dps is really all that matters. Here is what I do to help that 1 meteor push.

First off dps in p1 doesn't matter so ill ignore that. In p2 it seems your not really doing much AE to the molten elemetals, and thats fine as long as they die and no one else in the raid dies. Your DPS compared to boomkins and demolocks is going to be lower due to this and thats okay. What I do (and this really depends on your strat for the phase) Is move out with the rest of the raid after stacking, but then I dont stack with the raid I move off on my own. This lets me get at least 1 full sear off on the adds, then I solo down my own add, usually all this takes is a MB and 2x sw:d. I'm still not close to top on add dmg but it lets me beat out the rogues ect. The real key tho is to save AA and fiend for that last push from 42% to 37% (also try and get a PI here).

I actually swap out of shadowform and help healing during transitions so I cant comment on the dmg done there really other than multi dotting the scions and it seems you do that already.

During the burn you should save fiend for right before heroism and AA during heroism. Looks like your potting during the burn phase and that's great, but my shadow fiend in p3 did 270k dmg yours did only 110k.
    I don't know what I could do about the fiend, I may have used it before I popped/archangeled/berserking'd.

I did what you suggested for p2 to aoe the molten seeds in my old guild but I just joined this new one and I'd rather not be asking for special treatment/exceptions quite this early.

I was kiting a meteor for a few seconds aswell. No way in hell am I getting a PI, thats going to the warlock who is batshit insane amazing and ends up doing like 2% more damage than the rest of the raid.

I save all 4 cds for p3. It lines up very nicely with everything from the transition and p2. Everything comes back up by the 2nd breadth in p4 so its nice.

Is there anything special I can do during p4 other than just make sure dots don't fall off while I am running between breadths/hope I don't get a meteor

Quote Originally Posted by ggilir View Post
    Hey. I wanted to hear why I'm doing very bad dps. do not know if it's my gear, or just my rotation. a priest with almost the same gear as I did 5 times more dmg in a raid than me. then something is wrong. so now I will hear if I can get some help

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Ggilir/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/86o0kf99dvbd1qt1/details/58/
    I don't think the encounters in your WoL are conjusive to definitive analysis. Sometimes I think the best way to identify problems is to do patchwerk type parses and compare those to the theoretical max possible casts. However I'll comment on what is available.

Your DoT uptimes are a bit strange. In Val & Ther your worst DoT uptime was SW:P (ie you had VT & DP up more), which is strange because MF should be auto refreshing SW:P for you to achieve very close to a 100% uptime (95% at least). So not only are you not keeping DoTs up enough you aren't getting enough MF ticks.

Ways to remedy this, analyse your current DoT timers, are they visible, can you read them easily, can you make decisions on when to recast your dots effectively? In addition it may be safer for you to cast a dot a bit early than it is a bit late... so if a dot has < 3-5 sec recast it as your next cast instead of waiting for it to hit 0.

With MF, when you need to cast multiple MFs in a row are you casting the next MF before the current MF has finished casting? That means if your MF cast time is 2.5 seconds, you cast your next MF when there is at least 0.5 seconds left on the current MF cast. This will remove any reaction lag between casts.

The last thing, do you keybind? You must keybind all your spells and learn how to spam your buttons. That means if you are currently casting a spell you are continually hitting the key of your next spell while the current spell finishes casting. That way you can take advantage of the spell queue and again limit the amount of reaction lag between casts.

Gear
    You're gear is a bit lacking, so your expectations should match your gear. You currently dont have your helm/shoulders enchanted so that is something you can fix immediately. You have used the correct enchants although there is a decent case for mastery to gloves and mastery/movement speed to feet. At your gear level it's technically not worth matching gem slots, so if you want to be extra anal you could gem pure Int in every slot. When you hit 6000 raid buffed intellect then it's worth matching gem slots if (and only if) you trade 1 int for 2 secondary stats in doing so. The gem in your boots violates this rule so it should be changed to pure Int regardless. I also believe you should hit cap but again some people will disagree, you can find out how to effeciently reach the hit cap by using www.wowreforge.com. You can actually attain 1743 hit rating via reforging.

In the medium term, I'd farm the spirit/haste helm from zg, get your teir pieces, T12 2 set is pretty decent. I'd be using the moonwell chalice with your DMC:V as your 2nd trinket. You should be leveling your enchanting & tailoring to get access to your profession perks too, that gives you another 80 static int and + int proc on your cloak.

Item Level
    Expectations:
    Pump out more dps than I currently am. I know I'm doing most things right considering I compete with our other 2 spriests who until recently outgear me and both get DI and I don't (took a break early in the tier so was behind on gear). Basically just wondering if I can eek out slightly more dps. I did get H:NF and heroic tier shoulders since this log I am providing so that should help slightly.
    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A9vos/advanced
    My hit is slightly under cap, I've heard both ways so thats one thing im not 100% sure on in my current gear level
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xo...3/?s=472&e=773
    H Baleroc kill from this week, soaking 3 full shards solo and mana hymn used, didn't have DI there

So ya idk overall I just feel like 27k dps seems low and after analyzing my own logs I can't find anything, I have great dot uptime, mindblast on CD, synch up my cds as often as possible. Maybe im underestimating how much dps it costs to soak 3 shards and hymn and not have DI, but I just feel like there should be something more I can do. Any good input is greatly appreciated thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by schoenkid37 View Post
    Item Level
    Expectations:
    Pump out more dps than I currently am. I know I'm doing most things right considering I compete with our other 2 spriests who until recently outgear me and both get DI and I don't (took a break early in the tier so was behind on gear). Basically just wondering if I can eek out slightly more dps. I did get H:NF and heroic tier shoulders since this log I am providing so that should help slightly.
    Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A9vos/advanced
    My hit is slightly under cap, I've heard both ways so thats one thing im not 100% sure on in my current gear level
    Worldoflogs Link:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xo...3/?s=472&e=773
    H Baleroc kill from this week, soaking 3 full shards solo and mana hymn used, didn't have DI there

So ya idk overall I just feel like 27k dps seems low and after analyzing my own logs I can't find anything, I have great dot uptime, mindblast on CD, synch up my cds as often as possible. Maybe im underestimating how much dps it costs to soak 3 shards and hymn and not have DI, but I just feel like there should be something more I can do. Any good input is greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
    94% uptime on VT is to low. if you are about to enter dispersion or doing a hymn, the last thing before you hit the button is to see to it that your dots will be maintained on the boss during these "silent" secconds.

Hit is something personal. Playing under the hitcap requires you to be very fast to reaply dots that did not hit and can be extreamly situtational. However one might feel like the others stats gained will be worth it.

27k is a bit low, but not to off. Considering three dispers and no DI I would say that one could break the 30k mark.
    The real question though is why you Hymn. It should absolutly not be needed to be done by a dps if you have atleast one healing priest in your raid.

And you ES uptime is very high, while that is very nice and good having a to high (you had 94.2%) usually means that you are casting to few mind blasts. But you can have been very lucky to though

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    94% uptime on VT is to low. if you are about to enter dispersion or doing a hymn, the last thing before you hit the button is to see to it that your dots will be maintained on the boss during these "silent" secconds.

Hit is something personal. Playing under the hitcap requires you to be very fast to reaply dots that did not hit and can be extreamly situtational. However one might feel like the others stats gained will be worth it.

27k is a bit low, but not to off. Considering three dispers and no DI I would say that one could break the 30k mark.
    The real question though is why you Hymn. It should absolutly not be needed to be done by a dps if you have atleast one healing priest in your raid.

And you ES uptime is very high, while that is very nice and good having a to high (you had 94.2%) usually means that you are casting to few mind blasts. But you can have been very lucky to though
    Oh derp I meant hymn of hope for mana for our healers not divine hymn haha. As for mind blast I do try to use it on CD and I had 32 out of 50 possible (5:00 min fight) which isn't bad considering GCD/DoT interference plus movement/dispersions/hymn I don't think. I'll keep pushing it this week and play around with reforging to mastery more to stay right above the VT plateau.

So other than the VT uptime where can I squeeze out more DPS here? You say I can push 30k but I can't imagine an additional 5% uptime (97-98% is about my usual uptime when I don't have shards or hymns impeding me) would account for 3k DPS, or do you think that was a bad RNG fight or something else?

One thing I do on Bal is, he has a really small agrro range so I get within range of him so that as soon as the tank starts to pull, I can cast VT so that it lands just after the tank pulls and hit sw:p as I go the last few steps into my spot and then start the normal rotation. You could also probably eek out a little more uptime on your DP. I'd also say to refresh the dots early just before you dispersion if they will fall off while you are dispersioned.

Also it looks like you only had about a 98% uptime on VE and Inner Fire. Did you forget those and have to cast them on yourself during that fight? That would waste GC's you could be using to dps. Also of course having to switch back into shadowform after doing Hymn hurts as well.

Also it looks like you only used 1 volcanic potion, Bal is a fight where you can definitely do a prepot and get two in.

For the most part though I do think you are eeking out as much dps as you can. All those things are really just small things really.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-11-15 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schoenkid37 View Post
    So other than the VT uptime where can I squeeze out more DPS here? You say I can push 30k but I can't imagine an additional 5% uptime (97-98% is about my usual uptime when I don't have shards or hymns impeding me) would account for 3k DPS, or do you think that was a bad RNG fight or something else?
    You squeeze more dps by refreshing dots before movement, soaking, downtime etc. This should yield you a 99 % something uptime assuming you pre-cast VT on pull. Of course this isnt reliable if you aren't hitcapped, but should be possible assuming no VTs miss.
    3k is really nothing. If you utilize procs and cooldowns better and mind blast better 3k dps increase will come automatically.
    An easy way to mind blast more is to plan ahead better. It is ok to delay VT refreshing until the last 0.1-0.3 second if it will enable you to hit mind blast on cd. It is also ok to start the VT cast before the 2nd last VT tick happens, assuming your VT tick happens during the VT cast, if it enables you to hit mind blast on cooldown. And once again, it is also ok to refresh your DoTs earlier if ES has 1-2 seconds left and your mind blast is about to come off cooldown.

And honestly, I am not saying that you aren't playing very good already, but saying that 30k isnt achieveable in your previous raid setting on Baleroc, is simply denying the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    One thing I do on Bal is, he has a really small agrro range so I get within range of him so that as soon as the tank starts to pull, I can cast VT so that it lands just after the tank pulls and hit sw:p as I go the last few steps into my spot and then start the normal rotation. You could also probably eek out a little more uptime on your DP. I'd also say to refresh the dots early just before you dispersion if they will fall off while you are dispersioned.

Also it looks like you only had about a 98% uptime on VE and Inner Fire. Did you forget those and have to cast them on yourself during that fight? That would waste GC's you could be using to dps. Also of course having to switch back into shadowform after doing Hymn hurts as well.

Also it looks like you only used 1 volcanic potion, Bal is a fight where you can definitely do a prepot and get two in.

For the most part though I do think you are eeking out as much dps as you can. All those things are really just small things really.
    Ya I did forget the do VE and IF before the pull haha oops. As for a second volcanic I think I just blanked on that the one I had was a pre-pot haha forgot the second one I guess. Thanks these suggestions should help especially with a couple new pieces I picked up this week

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    You squeeze more dps by refreshing dots before movement, soaking, downtime etc. This should yield you a 99 % something uptime assuming you pre-cast VT on pull. Of course this isnt reliable if you aren't hitcapped, but should be possible assuming no VTs miss.
    3k is really nothing. If you utilize procs and cooldowns better and mind blast better 3k dps increase will come automatically.
    An easy way to mind blast more is to plan ahead better. It is ok to delay VT refreshing until the last 0.1-0.3 second if it will enable you to hit mind blast on cd. It is also ok to start the VT cast before the 2nd last VT tick happens, assuming your VT tick happens during the VT cast, if it enables you to hit mind blast on cooldown. And once again, it is also ok to refresh your DoTs earlier if ES has 1-2 seconds left and your mind blast is about to come off cooldown.

And honestly, I am not saying that you aren't playing very good already, but saying that 30k isnt achieveable in your previous raid setting on Baleroc, is simply denying the truth.
    Oh no I'm not saying 30k isn't achievable I was just saying I didn't think the VT uptime would account for almost 3k dps alone.

Thanks for the responses guys really helpful I'll try to work on incorporating all these and hopefully I'll see some good improvement for this week. I think even though I'm trying to mind blast on CD I'm not planning ahead accordingly in terms of dots always so hopefully a couple percent more up-time and I'll see the results I want.

Deleted
    Item Level 374
    Expectations: No idea, kinda why im posting here, to get a idea of what i am doing is good or bad and if there is anything major i can improve on.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pheta/advanced Note: I used the JP feets and avengers of hyjal belt and i didnt have a proffesion at all at the time of the raid.
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2669&e=2943

I think i did very good on baleroc but other then that my dps was not that amazing =/
    I know i need to enchant my boots, got the from the raid last night and just forgot about it.
    Im currently getting proffesions but as its just an alt im not going to rush it.