Thread: PuG loot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question PuG loot

Hey guys!

Yesterday I joined a pug that were going to clear 7/10H. I joined the group and we got to killing bosses. On gruul I won the warforged trinket and the warforged neck from my bonus roll. On beastlord I won the warforged pants from a /roll. Thogar I won the tier shoulders, so anyways I won a lot of loot. We get to kromog and we kill him. I attempted to roll on the heroic warforged cape and they told me I couldn't roll on anymore loot. I was a little angry because they waited till the boss died to tell me I couldn't roll. I know this is 100% my fault. When I told them it wasn't in the loot rules that winning too much loot meant you couldn't roll anymore, they said that was implied. It was a guild run.

Do you guys agree with rules like that? I'm not mad now I won the trinket off kromog via a bonus roll. But I feel like they added new loot rules because I won so much.

Also thinking of a title is hard.

You won four pieces of loot...and are so upset that you created a thread about not winning a fifth piece of loot? Let that sink in.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry forgot to clarify. I won the neck and trinket from bonus rolls.

On one hand, yes, it's shitty of them to use you on the fight and then announce loot rules after the fact.

On the other hand, you already nabbed four drops from the run. A decent person in your position would have volunteered to stop rolling on loot, especially if you are benefitting from the coordination and progress of an organized guild group.

You would have left the raid if you knew they wouldn't let you roll?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was mad and I apologized to the RL. Also I should have let others roll on the cape. But I wish they would of told me I couldn't roll on anymore loot before I killed kromog. I've been in groups that allowed you to win as much loot as you could , but groups are different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    On the other hand, you already nabbed four drops from the run. A decent person in your position would have volunteered to stop rolling on loot, especially if you are benefitting from the coordination and progress of an organized guild group.
    Umm no, you pug to gear yourself, not to gear random people you will never play with again so what gear they do or dont get doesnt matter.

pugs who do the "1 piece of loot per person" things are dumb. There is 0 incentive to help a group of strangers kill bosses for nothing while getting yourself loot locked for the week

I usually join those type of pugs and as soon as I get an item i leave because why would you waste a loot lockout on a boss you have literally 0 chance of getting anything off of when you can just join a new group at that boss and get a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I was mad and I apologized to the RL. Also I should have let others roll on the cape. But I wish they would of told me I couldn't roll on anymore loot before I killed kromog. I've been in groups that allowed you to win as much loot as you could , but groups are different.
    You've been scammed. That wasn't stated in the loot rules before. Contact the GM, maybe you'll get that one extra item, it certainly doesn't hurt to try

The guy killed 7 bosses with this group and received loot from their shared pool of loot twice. The other two pieces of loot for this discussion should not mean anything. They then fail to inform him before the boss was killed, and chose to instead, tell him after a piece of gear he wanted dropped.

If you do not see the wrongness of this, you're pretty silly. You should clearly outline the rules around your loot, and denying loot to a PUG because they've won two pieces of loot out of the 7 bosses killed seems extremely lame, and a bit like last minute changing because a guildie wanted it.

If someone wants to have a chance at fairly rolling on loot, that's their choice to make, not yours as the Master looter. He should've been presented with the option to leave and chance at a SHARED loot pool with another pug, or what have you. It was wrong of the RL.

Besides, its not like he had an unfair advantage; he had the same chance of winning the piece as any other person in the raid on each boss. He was just lucky.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for responses everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys!

Yesterday I joined a pug that were going to clear 7/10H. I joined the group and we got to killing bosses. On gruul I won the warforged trinket and the warforged neck from my bonus roll. On beastlord I won the warforged pants from a /roll. Thogar I won the tier shoulders, so anyways I won a lot of loot. We get to kromog and we kill him. I attempted to roll on the heroic warforged cape and they told me I couldn't roll on anymore loot. I was a little angry because they waited till the boss died to tell me I couldn't roll. I know this is 100% my fault. When I told them it wasn't in the loot rules that winning too much loot meant you couldn't roll anymore, they said that was implied. It was a guild run.

Do you guys agree with rules like that? I'm not mad now I won the trinket off kromog via a bonus roll. But I feel like they added new loot rules because I won so much.

Also thinking of a title is hard.
    did u ask for specific loot rules in the begining of the run ? if no its your own fault, if yes then they are a bunch of douchebags and next time you will know better - you had every right to roll on loot - it doesnt matter if you won 1 item or 10 - if they wanted to go by guild loot rules they should recruit more people to guild instead pug people.

also ALWAYS require specific loot rules after you join a group. good pugs never have problems stating them. when im making my pugs my loot rules macro take 3-4 lines but i cover every single possible scenario in those lines so there is never any confusion and bitching about lost rolls.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-04-03 at 03:12 PM.

Be happy they even gave you the tier shoulders and the warforged trinket AND pants. I've seen much worse go down in guild runs.

They ripped you off.

Loot being shared around the group should be verbally/in writing expressed. It should not be implied and certainly not at the loot masters discretion if not announced earlier.

If it's MS > OS. It should go to whoever rolls highest and then it's at their discretion whether they want to share the loot love around the group.

Technically they ripped you off. But basically whenever I'm in the situation where I win what I feel is more than fair I stop being a greedy cunt and spread it around a little bit. Would it have killed you to think of others?

I don't know why everyone is saying you were being greedy. If there was no posting of item limits in loot rules, rolling is fair game and you just happened to get lucky that night. If you won the item, you should get it, just as the loot rules say you will. If you happen to feel you've won too much loot, you could pass it to the next highest roller.

You say it is 100% your fault when really, the guild was just being greedy to cut you off. In MS > OS, there is no implication that you can only receive 3 items in an entire run (the other two were bonus rolled), so the guild was in the wrong here to not let you roll without prior warning. You could have just as easily left that group and joined another group that wouldn't have been a waste of your boss lockout.

To directly answer the question, no I do not agree with how the guild handled loot. Any loot rules should be clearly stated in chat, especially when you're pugging (this protects both the guild and the pugs). If they don't intend to follow these rules, they should not be bringing in any pug players (who don't care about the guild's interests). That way, the guild can set up a proper loot council.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Safe View Post
    Umm no, you pug to gear yourself
    Umm, right. A goal it sounds like he already accomplished.

not to gear random people you will never play with again
    He said it was a guild run. Make some Bnet friends and play with them again, perhaps?

There is 0 incentive to help a group of strangers kill bosses for nothing while getting yourself loot locked for the week?
    I disagree.

I think its fair enough for a guild run to want to give items to their players. Should they have stated beforehand? Yes. But you did get 5 peices of loot from that run so its kinda silly to say you had a bad time. Just ask yourself would you do that exact run again with the same group and same loot etc.

Did they say anyting about the loot rules before? or was it just implied, If they didn't then techically they did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Umm, right. A goal it sounds like he already accomplished.

He said it was a guild run. Make some Bnet friends and play with them again, perhaps?

I disagree.
    Are you by any chance also working part or full time as a social justice warrior, dwelling tumblr and other retard breeding websites? What if he didn't want to make friends with pugs and just wanted to get the gear? To you it might sound like he acomplished his goal, but you're not the one calling the shots, he is. He got scammed, it's that simple. I'd open a ticket if I were him, after all if I wasted my time on a boss just to find out I wasn't gonna get loot from, I'd feel pretty scammed and want what was mine.

You sign up for random pugs and help them kill bosses, even if you know you'll get nothing in reward? You seem like one of those people whose sole purpose is to be taken advantage of.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-04-03 at 06:23 PM.

I was told by a GM in-game a couple of nights ago that Blizzard is working on a fix to address the ninja looting and loot not going to the appropriate person issue in Premade Finder groups. He could not give out any details or an eta on when this fix will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Yes. But you did get 5 peices of loot from that run so its kinda silly to say you had a bad time. J.
    doesnt matter even if he won 10 pieces from earlier bosses - if they didnt state it in loot rules in beginign he was eligible to roll on it - its his own fault if he didnt make rl to state loot rules clearly.