Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Killing spree = suicide?

Saw this other thread over in general discussion now where a rogue said he used killing spree and got novaed by emalon.

this got me thinking of how many times killing spree has killed me

i respecced combat post 3.1 so ulduar was allready out but have died some in naxx too, heres a list of my fails :P

Thaddius just had to try to see if it worked :P got the tank and myself killed xD

Kologarn adds

Auriaya feral defender died behind her and i was stuck in it x(

Hodir tank turned him 1 sec before flash freeze so behind him equaled frozen

mimiron shock blast just spammed sprint evasion cloak vanish and everything made me cry (btw the cloak failed)

mimiron spinning up ye, only thing to do is stay behind him? well i used killing spree and it got me killed by it

mimiron rocket..............................................

yogg last i got insane on yoggs brain trying to squeese a killing spree in there just before i had to leave

killing spree ever killed u xD?

Re: Killing spree = suicide?

nope not really cause mostly i'm not stupid enough to use it when boss is abt to do a special attack^^ and for bosses its not really usable i just spec mutilate anyways

you used it at horrible times... what did you expect? Think before you act
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

I got killed on Razorscale cause she flew over the edge before it ran out (I use it to get exstra dps time when she takes off)
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

10+ Year Old Account

Its all about timings and knowing the boss, if i know i can get away with it i do it as its a nice attack i also do it on ignis when he does his flame jets. On trash its brilliant.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

It only got me killed once, that was on the corridor trash at Thorim. I ripped aggro right off the tank, and took a 31k crit :P

Deleted

You're just bad... Horrible timing and thinking...

Thaddius just had to try to see if it worked got the tank and myself killed xD
    Well duh

Kologarn adds
    KS does'nt work on Kologarn so no reason to ever try

Auriaya feral defender died behind her and i was stuck in it x( -

Timing

Hodir tank turned him 1 sec before flash freeze so behind him equaled frozen -

Horrible timing

mimiron shock blast just spammed sprint evasion cloak vanish and everything made me cry (btw the cloak failed) -

Horrible timing

mimiron spinning up ye, only thing to do is stay behind him? well i used killing spree and it got me killed by it -

Again horrible timing, christ...

mimiron rocket.............................................. -

A rogue being killed by rocket is just utter fail... sorry

yogg last i got insane on yoggs brain trying to squeese a killing spree in there just before i had to leave -

Do I even need to write it for the 5th time...

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump
    nope not really cause mostly i'm not stupid enough to use it when boss is abt to do a special attack^^ and for bosses its not really usable i just spec mutilate anyways

I disagree, Killing Spree provides a large amount of burst damage while allowing you to regenerate energy.

Some spells are all about timing.
    For example, mages have evocation to regen 60% mana whilst channeling. Well a lot of people whine that most of the time your evoation gets owned. Then again it's all about knowing when to place it.
    But atleast killing spree gives you loads of fun memories right ?

Today, the rogue inside me died a bit...

this wasn't intended for u to say i suck : (

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kildal
    this wasn't intended for u to say i suck : (
    tough luck

It's all about timing.

Triggered KS on the sarth drake.
    Then a void hole opened on the tank, and he started to move back... BOOM, dead rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn
    You deserve to die.

baaaaah

since ppl turned this thread into a ur just bad thread i feel i gotta waste more time on it to make me feel better /(bored at work anyways)

heres my side of the wipes u might say i'm still bad i don't care (actually i do :-[ )

Thaddius just had to try to see if it worked got the tank and myself killed xD

this was only to test if u stayed at far range since the hitbox is large maybe u didn't move closer to boss (it was allso allready called a wipe)

Kologarn adds

first try ever on kologarnn and gm just said aoe adds i jumped over popped killing spree and died along with 5 other melee

Auriaya feral defender died behind her and i was stuck in it x(

simply bad luck in timing, what happened was i got hit by the defender while he wasn't jumping arround (bad tanks) then i popped ks hitting the feral defender first time got it killed this was right behind auriaya and i was allready at 50% hp so this (pre nerf) black hole one shotted me

Hodir tank turned him 1 sec before flash freeze so behind him equaled frozen

allso our very first try on the boss and wipe was allready called with only me and 4 others alive

mimiron shock blast just spammed sprint evasion cloak vanish and everything made me cry (btw the cloak failed)

again first try on boss and before DBM had shock blast timer implented.

mimiron spinning up ye, only thing to do is stay behind him? well i used killing spree and it got me killed by it

i just wanted to try to check if it worked considering u only need to stay behind boss

mimiron rocket..............................................

wipe called and didn't pay too much attention tbh

yogg last i got insane on yoggs brain trying to squeese a killing spree in there just before i had to leave

this was allso our first try at yogg so i didn't know u couldn't have the brain kinda in between ur camera and the mouse cursor or w/e making the portal unclickable (this was allso a allready called wipe considering i was the only one who entered portals and 10 dead after phase 1 xD)

as u see this isn't the worst fuckups and mainly shared it to see if anyone else got "killed" by killing spree sometimes

peace? ???

You just need to learn to time your KS better, once you know the bosses you can pull it of at times you know it is safe (even without DBM timers.) For example on Mimiron do it after a shock blast or as soon as he's engaged.

it's not a l2p issue :P i don't die to killing spree everyday this are the total times it has killed me since 3.1 release : / just wanted to share a lough :

If you time spree to be active during flash freeze you dont get iceblocked.

^ This i see our rogues use it during Flash Freeze same way as i use my AMS