Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: what can warriors 1v1 at 80?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    Dude, you can't do that. You can't compare a PvE spec to a PvP spec and then list all the strengths the PvP spec has over the former, especially when the PvP spec is in a more traditional PvP tree to begin with. It's misleading, is what it is. If you want to PvP as Prot, you'll pick up Piercing Howl for sure, since there's no Hamstring in Defensive Stance.

EDIT: Seriously, try it with Blood Craze/Piercing Howl, Cruelty, Armored to the Teeth. Being unkitable and not needing to ever switch stances is PvP utility I wouldn't want to give up. I was Prot with extra points in Arms at first, but now I just take the 5 points of Parry and leave it at that. I don't miss Charge and with Piercing Howl TacMastery becomes for the first time in my PvP experience unnecessary.
    PvE prot works just as good in pvp than going with your prot + fury build. You have 2 forms as snare as prot, hamstring (wow big deal you have to change a stance?) and 2) shield bash = daze = snare. You honestly need to switch stances a lot as prot in pvp anyways, hamstring has a longer duration. The fact that you stay in defensive stance 24/7 and use piercing howl as your main snare is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    /bows
    think I lose here :P
    think I must be facing frost mages that are too well geared or my gear isn't up to the task, admittedly its a long fight, guessing you have bit more HP and res rending the mages useless, thanks will have to play around a bit more.
    Meh I probably had at most 500 res. Take away commanding shout and you see like 25.5k hp unbuffed. For the 5 piece set I only had 3 pieces of hateful, no deadly or furious. I was pretty undergeared vs this mage.

Don't break out of sheep unless hes sheeping to go drink. When in a frost nova you want to try and either reflect deep freeze/frostbolt/sheep. Save cooldowns to break out of frost nova/deep freeze. Kill his water elemental asap. Use bladestorm defensively unless you know what spells he has on cooldown (mainly blink & ice block). As long as you play defensively the mage can't kill you, you'll end up in a position to kill him once hes oom.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

wow i am surprised at how much attention my post has gotten. i figured it would be 10 people max who would of ended up in some immature argument. yeah i really love protection. kinda wish i made a troll and not an orc. cause isnt it best to do prot then rest into fury? what do ppl normally do. troll i could get all voodoo+meta+toughness. dont seem like i can fit in hardiness+iron will+meta

So you really think a prot warrior's damage shields does "MUCH MORE" damage than a rogue? ROFL?
    Yeah, you do much more damage to him while he's stunned than he will do to you. Are you familiar with the concept of armor?

And btw, use shockwave when he pops evasion.

When dismantled: both have near same armor, Prot is disarmed for LONGER. Prot can shockwave, arms can piercing howl (both used to gain distance till dismantle is over). Prot is a complete sitting duck while dismantled, hes got no shield and isn't getting healed from second wind, can't really attack fpr 10 secs compared to arms 5 sec.
    Advantage = Arms
    Titanium plating. Sorry, but I'm going to assume you have absolutely no practical knowledge of prot pvp.

Warrior tanks are superfun to play.
    But if you're making one for PvP, don't. I strongly advice you not to.
    If you're playing BG's, you'll ALWAYS need a personal healer for it to be FUN. Even if you can occasionally kill 2-4 targets with a lucky ss+bladestorm.
    Warriors are too easily CC'd, and CC = Dead warrior.

it really really SUCKS. Unless you're in some end game raiding guild and have access to all those +100000001523523 Armor penetration items.

I currently play a furious geared arms warrior with 0 armor penetration.
    ~2,2k rated last season if someone is curious. and only played for like less than a month before the team disbanded (2v2). Gonna try to get higher this season.
    The only reason I'm playing my warrior is because I CBA start gearing up another char now.

Anyway, my point is, if you wanna play PvP, roll a hunter or mage.
    They're both fun and pretty easy to play, oh and they have like 6 times the damage of a warrior + all the CC and anti CC that a warrior barely has.

(Yeah, yeah, I suck bla bla bla)

-Buugi

shield block + revenge spam = dead rogue
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.