Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Lightbulb Final expansions rumors

im extremely excited about the possibility of a Emerald Dream expansion (that lore is my favorite in game), and have been wondering if it is coming up next.

ive kept my eye on this list from before WoW was live, and so far its held up pretty good (besides level changes/renaming of zones). What are your thoughts on this?

its particularly interesting to note that the Developers had (at least at one time) thought of using the pandarin race/starting zone, which would leave me to believe another playable race.

anyways, here is the post from 2003 WoW forums, and like i said, its held up amazingly well over the years. listed in order from first expansion to last.

----------------------

Draenor Set
    Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20
    Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel’thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade’s Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

Northrend Set
    Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul’drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

Maelstrom Set
    Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

Plane Set
    Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20
    Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20
    The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Legion Set
    K’aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac’Aree - 99 to 100+
    Maw of Oblivion - 100++
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++

ahhh the good old list its done very well since it was first seen. I have it bookmarked somewhere

Deleted
    what does this all mean?

I think the Emerald Dream story was primarily told in Stormrage. Unless they work a few story into it.

Who would be the main antagonist of the Plane Set? Xavius is dead and Fanrdal is captured... unless it's a old god, or something to do with the twisting nether.

Bring back Turalyon

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard changed plans after creating Wrath so this list is not true anymore.

Ahh the list that was released during the WothLK beta.. That list is a scam and has always been. It didn't exist in 2003, nor 2006 for that matter.
    I wish I could find the original version so people could see that the "Maelstrom Set" didn't exist as it is in this new version.

-------------
    EDIT: I found it in it's original version 2007/2008 and indeed the OP has the correct list. I stand corrected

Although this list was released in late 2007 or 2008. Never in 2003. After BC!
    Last edited by esmifra; 2011-01-25 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

You do know the author of this very same list admited it was fake and he made it in wotlk alpha days pretending he saw it first in 2003, right?
    Worst part is some ppl swear they saw it way before.No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I'm not sure that list is viable anymore.
    It seems kind of outdated now with the Cataclysm expansion so I doubt the last 2 will be accurate.
    While the levels may not hold, the final setting/foe does make sense for closing out WoW. One has to think the last boss will be Sargeras.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Ahh the list that was released during the WothLK beta.. That list is a scam and has always been. It didn't exist in 2003, nor 2006 for that matter.
    I wish I could find the original version so people could see that the "Maelstrom Set" didn't exist as it is in this new version.

Allakhazam

I hope there won't be any more old gods... never liked them, never will.
    I rather have a Twisting Nether expansion.
    I agree old gods story kinda bored me... but it seems every expansion has on. How many major Villians do we have remaining? Ashzara, possibly Nozdormu and ???

I think a future expansion will have Garrosh as a major villian... once Thrall returns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pwii View Post
    While the levels may not hold, the final set does make sense for closing out WoW. One has to think the last boss will be Sargeras.
    yeah i agree, the final expansion will definitely be a burning legion/showdown with sargeras. even thought outlands lore is pretty much forgotten lately, its still the greatest threat to azeroth.

as far as the list, i didnt know it was admitted fake, i cant find that admission anywhere.

as far as bosses for Emerald Dream, theres tons of angles Blizz could play. i didnt read stormrage, but isnt it possible an errant titan (since they are the only ones who can change the dream), or old god could be the focus?

your saying this list has been around before wow went live? Cause it looks more like it was made, before cataclysm was announced. Seeing as some of this stuff wasn't revealed until TBC(Azuremist isles) If I had to guess, this list came out around the end of TBC or beginning of Wotlk....meaning it has only predicted the obvious : /

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you see the date of the post is of 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    as far as bosses for Emerald Dream, theres tons of angles Blizz could play. i didnt read stormrage, but isnt it possible an errant titan (since they are the only ones who can change the dream), or old god could be the focus?
    In Stormrage I didn't hear any mention of anything Titan related.. but hey anything is possible

Well we have... The Dreadlords, Ragnaros, Sargeras (10 man Sargeras? hope not) uhm... maybe Sylvanas or Garrosh (theory), the ones you listed and quite possibly the 57105th Old God.
    I think we'll deal with Raggy this xpac. Dreadlords make sense to Twisting Nether and I forgot all about Sylvanas.. boy oh boy would I like to kill her

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'Jaeden will definitely be back too. I have pondered Sylvanas going off the hook and having to be put down, but I think it is the Alliance's turn to have a traitor. One no one would see coming, like Tyrande. That would floor people.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    If you see the date of the post is of 2007
    You'll also note that the original author actually admits it was a troll post several pages in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    as far as the list, i didnt know it was admitted fake, i cant find that admission anywhere.
    Here ya go:

With the announcement of Cataclysm, it seems the lifespan of my list has come to its end.

It's odd how this list, which I wrote myself out of boredom on a fall morning, has taken on a life of its own.

I wrote it in September of 2007, but some swear they saw it during the WoW beta in 2004. To boot, CMs on the official WoW forums deleted this list every time it popped up - at least until this year, when they suddenly stopped caring.
    Guess he did a decent job of guessing what we'd see with Cataclysm. I still love seeing this list pop up

The list!!!!!!!!!! :d

Yep, but invading a demon infested place..? That will be really hard to pull off in lore.
    Any thing in the lore could change between now and then. I bet playing Diablo 2 that you didn't think you would be going to hell to stop Diablo. but in the same way, we have Naruu who might decide that it is time for an offense against the Demons.

it may've been a crude plan a long time ago in vanilla, but it's clear they've probably thrown this out by now. the emerald nightmare, burning legion, and maelstrom area expansions are still possible though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.