Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Allright, just registered for this thread.
    As far as I'm concerned those bosses ARE possible (with or without Void Star / T5, doesn't really matter)

Classic:
    AQ 10 - complete

MC - complete

BWL - You'll need someone who kills the adds or uses the Dragon, otherwise soloable, all of the other bosses are possible (one of the Drakes is rather annoying though; you have to pass the aggro und build it up again so his Shadow Veil won't heal him all the time)

AQ 40: All bosses except C'thun (due to mechanics) are possible. Haven't tried Viscidus yet, but I just got my new Frost Damage Wand ... I'll edit it in later. As for the Twin Emperors: It's a VERY tricky fight and I haven't downed them yet but with the right positioning, macros for the emperors and a LOT of luck (once you pet gets a knockback in a wrong direction you're basically screwed) ... but still doable

BC:
    10-man: Karazhan + Zul'aman no problem at all.
    25-man: Maghteridon is doable, Gruul is easy as well. High King Maulgar can be a bit of a nuisance (I hate Death Coil. I'm looking at you, damn Warlock-Ogre-dude!)

SSC: Hydros is doable, Lurker no problem at all, the Demon Hunter is a little bit tricky but downed him the second try after realizing his Chaos Bolt Debuff thingies have a limited range (Demonic Circle ftw!), Karathress should be doable - has been done iirc, as well as the Water Giant ... Morgrim or something? Vashj is IMPOSSIBLE due to the mechanics with the stones ... and also all those damn adds. I hate them.

Tempest Keep: Complete. Al'ar is no problem, Void Reaver is just a 'Keep Moving' Fight and I never had any problems with Solarian. Kael'thas is rather annonying, as well. The hard part is killing all of the Advisors at once, still dieing a lot on those.

Black Temple: First Boss is impossible ... well he would be possible if you'd be able to burn him down with ~45000 DPS during the cooldown of his Shield. Doesn't target you with the spike but the shield'll go up nonetheless. :< Some of the other bosses are doable as well - the Giant Infernal thing, Akama and a few others. Afaik, the Reliquary, Gurtogg and the Council are impossible. Illidan is doable.

Hyjal: Except the fourth boss (Doom Spell - instant death after 1 Minute) completely doable.

Sunwell: (How I love thee! <3) Kalecgos isn't doable due to the mechanics, Brutallus is probably too hard right now (Armor Reduce + Meteorites), but I guess he'll be no problem in a Tier or two. Felmyst should be doable, the Twin Eredars should be as well ... I think. Not so sure about M'uru, but Kil'Jaeden has been done already (and I'll try it as well. )

WotLK: (I'll just count those I know have been downed already or those I think can be downed)
    - Archavon (I hate your Grip.)
    - As already mentioned some parts of Naxx 10 / (25?), Sapphiron is no problem at all and I'm still wiping on Kel'Thuzad but he'll go down eventually!
    - Sartharion
    - Most of Ulduar, iirc

Excuse my mistakes, english ain't my mother tongue :3

Deleted
    So... The most important questions I have at this moment would be:
    - What is the recommended spec for such extreme soloing?
    Something like http:/ /wowhead.com/talent#IZcrrMRurRdoIbb:mVazodMcz? Including glyphs? (already "adapted" for 4.0.6)
    - What would you need for stats? SP? Hit? Etc?

When doing TOS doesn't Shadron reset when you enter the portal thingy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necomancer View Post
    So... The most important questions I have at this moment would be:
    - What is the recommended spec for such extreme soloing?
    Something like http:/ /wowhead.com/talent#IZcrrMRurRdoIbb:mVazodMcz? Including glyphs? (already "adapted" for 4.0.6)
    - What would you need for stats? SP? Hit? Etc?

Personally, I use [can't post links right now ... Demonology: Tier 1, Demonic Rebirth, Mana Feed + Demonic Aegis, Tier 3, Molten Core + HoG, Ancient Grimmoire + Inferno, as well as Cremation, Demonic Pact and Metamorphosis. Other points in Affliction: Doom and Gloom / Impr. Corruption, Soul Siphon + Siphon Life and last point in Jinx (perfect for fights with adds)
    Glyphs: Meta, Immo + Corrpuption - Healthstone, Soul Link + Voidwalker - Health Funnel, Drain Soul + Eye of Kilrogg or Enslave Demon

Demonology is omnipotent for soloing - Metamorphosis gives you Armor Hardcap as well as Damage Boost, points in affliction help with healing yourself (especially since the change regarding Fel Armor'll hit very soon). Most fights aren't about DPS, they are about surviving. In case you're wondering: I'm preferring Glyph of Corruption over e.g. Felguard because there are quite some fights where you're not really able to go all out due to threat / healing your pet or other things. You can throw out your dots and keep spamming Health Funnel ... a Shadowbolt instant here and there feels nice and in those fight's you'll see yourself use the Voidwalker rather than FG.

As for the stats (imho): Int>Stam>>SP>Hit>>Rest ... as I said it's all about surviving, you don't really feel like stacking haste or crit since in tough fights you can't cast that much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    When doing TOS doesn't Shadron reset when you enter the portal thingy?
    Yep, 2 out of 3 Drakes are soloable, the third one is impossible due to mechanics (just like C'thun and Kalecgos)
    Last edited by mmocf89e9482f3; 2011-02-07 at 02:56 PM.

Made a movie 2 weeks ago for some guildies, check it out for reference. Search youtube: matheridon soloed angyarr (can't post links, first time account)

Hydross is a bitch without void star, just tossing that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

BWL - I doubt you can do Vaelastrasz (instant death very early without more people)
    SSC - Karathress doable? He does Cataclysmic Bolt randomly which deals 50% max hp, and if amplified, instant death. I got hit for exactly my full hp with that combo.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHeimdall View Post
    BWL - I doubt you can do Vaelastrasz (instant death very early without more people)
    SSC - Karathress doable? He does Cataclysmic Bolt randomly which deals 50% max hp, and if amplified, instant death. I got hit for exactly my full hp with that combo.
    He's tough but he's doable. The adds hit like they're using playdough for weapons so it's really just a matter of letting your FG/VW tank him while you aoe burn down the adds (and slow/interrupt heals as much as possible). The trick is to not let him enrage at all while still burning down the adds, which is a matter of starting the pull yourself and having the FG legion strike off autoattack until the adds are out of range. 250k hp apiece is doable right now with demo aoe and popping infernal.

Deleted
    Vaelastrasz is a litte bit tricky, that's right. You have about 25 seconds to burn down 999k. Just use all your cooldowns, i.e. Metamorphosis, Guardian Demon and everything else. I killed him and died ~1-2 seconds after that due to the Burning Aggression debuff.

And ynkes already explained Karathress.

Oh and I just tried Viscidus with my Frost Wand. Doesn't work, don't know why. Shot hundreds of frost bolts - no emote, nothing. After about 12 minutes I decided it's useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Personally, I use can't post links right now ... Demonology: Tier 1, Demonic Rebirth, Mana Feed + Demonic Aegis, Tier 3, Molten Core + HoG, Ancient Grimmoire + Inferno, as well as Cremation, Demonic Pact and Metamorphosis. Other points in Affliction: Doom and Gloom / Impr. Corruption, Soul Siphon + Siphon Life and last point in Jinx (perfect for fights with adds)
    Glyphs: Meta, Immo + Corrpuption - Healthstone, Soul Link + Voidwalker - Health Funnel, Drain Soul + Eye of Kilrogg or Enslave Demon

Demonology is omnipotent for soloing - Metamorphosis gives you Armor Hardcap as well as Damage Boost, points in affliction help with healing yourself (especially since the change regarding Fel Armor'll hit very soon). Most fights aren't about DPS, they are about surviving. In case you're wondering: I'm preferring Glyph of Corruption over e.g. Felguard because there are quite some fights where you're not really able to go all out due to threat / healing your pet or other things. You can throw out your dots and keep spamming Health Funnel ... a Shadowbolt instant here and there feels nice and in those fight's you'll see yourself use the Voidwalker rather than FG.

As for the stats (imho): Int>Stam>>SP>Hit>>Rest ... as I said it's all about surviving, you don't really feel like stacking haste or crit since in tough fights you can't cast that much anyway.
    So that would give me something like this: http:/_/wowhead.com/talent#IburZIrrcRuModo:MVacsdMc0
    Of course, this is still 4.0.3 based, so when the talent calc's are updated for 4.0.6, I'll update it. I don't think there is much change in those areas tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necomancer View Post
    So that would give me something like this: http:/_/wowhead.com/talent#IburZIrrcRuModo:MVacsdMc0
    Of course, this is still 4.0.3 based, so when the talent calc's are updated for 4.0.6, I'll update it. I don't think there is much change in those areas tho.
    Yep, that's it.
    They'll stay pretty much the same in 4.0.6., even though I'm still not feeling good about the change to Fel Armor. During some fights, the passive HP regeneration was perfect, others where you have to keep yourself up like crazy (Hello Kil'Jaeden.) Demon Armor is more useful.
    I guess if you're good enough and survive even without spamming Life Drain the new Fel Armor mechanics are going to help out even more than the passive one would've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Synfiction View Post
    i soloed rage winterchill, anetheron and kaz'rogal in hyjal summit last night. can't go any farther, azgalor's doom kills you after about a minute, and he has 3million, which i don't you think can burn while tanking him.
    I Solod the entirety of Hyjal last week, for azgalor you wont get the doom if you have aggro the entire time, he does hit hard though, I had to use a very specific aff spec with imp pet for mana feed and 2 piece t5 to keep pet up from the huge SL dmg, I spent most of the encounter at sub 25% health for the extra heal effect on DL talent in aff, was the only way to outheal his damage and have extra health for lifetaps. keeping corr up and doing nothing but haunt and DL. saved soulburn for oshit moments with the silence fucking you over on speedy DL. Oh and also, use DEMON ARMOR!

Archimonde was imo much much more difficult, but finally went down after 2 hrs of tries (was trying loads of diff tactics and specs). I used the same spec and two piece t5 as on azgalor, but with a voidwalker instead tanking him and fel armor. the positioning of yourself and your pet is key in this fight, also the use of the "pet stay" command, so you could make him move back to that position again after a fear. I had myself against an invisible wall to negate air burst, and pet 30 yard infront of me in a sort of trench of invisible walls around it, to prevent the pet from going too far away from you when feared. The major factors will be keeping your pet alive, so plenty of health funneling, but you'll be taking plenty of damage yourself from his shadow dot so you need to balance keeping haunt/corr and DLing and health funneling your pet so you're both high incase of a oshit moment. Threat at the start will be a big issue, using demon soul obviously helps for threat, but you wont be able to perma keep haunt/corr/ua on him until maybe after 2 soulshatters, remember that this damage also helps a ton with pet healing due to 30% healing from dmg, but ofcourse also yourself, the first 2 mins will be the most crucial period. doomfire can be a bit of an issue, though its RNG and its really hard to switch position without fucking you over later if it appears under you or the pet, you'll likely just have to keep at it until it disappears. oh and also pop shadow ward on cd. GL.
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-02-08 at 03:17 PM.

Anyone tried Kil'jaeden?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    Hydross is a bitch without void star, just tossing that out there.
    If you kill lurked first you can set up port on the walkway before him, dot him up, then jump in the water, port, jump in the water, port while keeping up dots. You can also do a good amount of damage on him before he builds up the stacks too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cool_freezer View Post
    the beam damage is ridiciously low so you can ignore it. i 10-manned him with 70 (sunwell geared) an there we ignored the cubes aswell. as a warlock you can solo magtheridon without killing the adds. offtank them with your felguard and you're fine. kara was soloable with 80 (i've done it post 4.0). i heared that gruul's lair is soloable. a few bosses in ssc/tk should be soloable aswell, same with zul'aman. i bet my ass that kael will be soloable somtime in this expansion. eventually 372 geared already, who knows...
    A hunter already soloed him + lllidan with the current gear available.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiMPYIs7yMA /part1 Kael
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V22UKf9kc /illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Polarwiseman View Post
    If you kill lurked first you can set up port on the walkway before him, dot him up, then jump in the water, port, jump in the water, port while keeping up dots. You can also do a good amount of damage on him before he builds up the stacks too much.
    I'm pretty sure they fixed that at some point when they saw the lock doing it at 70

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they fixed that at some point when they saw the lock doing it at 70
    It's in a Different place to the 70 one, I did it a few weeks ago. When I get on my PC I'll try find a video on YouTube.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's tough but he's doable. The adds hit like they're using playdough for weapons so it's really just a matter of letting your FG/VW tank him while you aoe burn down the adds (and slow/interrupt heals as much as possible). The trick is to not let him enrage at all while still burning down the adds, which is a matter of starting the pull yourself and having the FG legion strike off autoattack until the adds are out of range. 250k hp apiece is doable right now with demo aoe and popping infernal.
    very curious how you are accomplishing this. ofc my gear isn't really on par with current raid standards as i only renewed about 2 weeks ago.

i have ulterior motives for wanting to solo fathom-lord however. i never turned in vial remnants, and only need to talk to that stupid npc behind him to get my title. /lazy
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

So I started working on soloing 70 content yesterday when I saw how easy Mag was. I one shot him and Al'ar, then spent a few hours getting loot reaver down. Kara was naturally a joke, haven't gone to ZA yet. Put in a few attempts on Saph, but I saw that that was in no way happening without 2pc T5 and a Void Star. Working on SSC now.

My questions are thus: After putting in attempts on Hydross/Solarian, I'm curious if there's something I'm missing. I cannot stay ahead of the damage on either fight. I've been running raid spec demo. Hydross melee's me through the floor when I port, I'm not sure if it's a latency issue or if something changed with 4.06. I can't get back ahead of 30k hits when I can't drain. My FG also despawns CONSTANTLY. Solarian I spend 90% of the fight in the air, and it won't let me lock port out of it. I barely get enough time to keep my instant dots up, and my FG dies in the meantime. I'm switching to a solo oriented demo build, gonna see how much of a difference that makes.
    Last edited by tdizz; 2011-02-12 at 07:39 AM.

How well can 85 warriors solo old content? Are they more limited, even if you do whatever spec works best to solo these things? ( assuming your gear is average or better )
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.