Change to Shackle Suggestion

Glyph of Shackle: Your shackle undead can now be used on all targets, but has a 1 minute cooldown.

Hmm?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sheep doesn't have a cooldown so why should my spell have one?

Because he knows Blizzard tries to keep as little homogenization as possible, and this ability isn't supposed to be a copy of Polymorph.

While I don't think Priests need that, since that would make them have extra utility in PvP (which they don't really need), though I wouldn't mind them getting something useful for PvE, like having a glyph that extends Shackle to Demons and Elementals (for instance).

there's also MC for humanoids. i think we're ok with shackle as it is now. every cc is somehow exclusive to 1,2 max. 3 type of mob, and , don't think we should be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonChampion View Post
    Because he knows Blizzard tries to keep as little homogenization as possible, and this ability isn't supposed to be a copy of Polymorph.

While I don't think Priests need that, since that would make them have extra utility in PvP (which they don't really need), though I wouldn't mind them getting something useful for PvE, like having a glyph that extends Shackle to Demons and Elementals (for instance).
    It'd also be useful against Felguards, which would be pretty significant.

Shackle Undead would become Shackle Outsiders, and I'm all for that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It'd also be useful against Felguards, which would be pretty significant.

Shackle Undead would become Shackle Outsiders, and I'm all for that.
    Agreed. I'd like it a lot if you could shackle demons (sup felhunter......) and even hunter pets, though I would be more than okay with just undead+demons since both are sort of "anti-priest-like" and elementals are not really in the same category evilness wise.

I wouldn't want shackle to be turned into a hex-like spell, though. Shackling gargoyles and dark transformation'd ghouls is too useful to give up imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehmark View Post
    Sheep doesn't have a cooldown so why should my spell have one?
    Polymorph heals the target, if you want shackle to be usable on humanoids, it has to have some sort of restriction/downside like all CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Agreed. I'd like it a lot if you could shackle demons (sup felhunter......) and even hunter pets, though I would be more than okay with just undead+demons since both are sort of "anti-priest-like" and elementals are not really in the same category evilness wise.
    Elementals are classified as Outsiders, though. Which in a typical fantasy setting, a Priest/Cleric would want to push them back even if they can't contain them. But yes, Demons are a much higher priority!

Turn Undead became Turn Evil, Shackle Undead should do the same!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

id like to see it as a shackle minion, or shackle pet; not just undead

The ability to shackle Demons would be very handy in PVE as well, there's a lack of Undead in Cataclysm and CC wasn't needed in Wrath really.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The ability to shackle Demons would be very handy in PVE as well, there's a lack of Undead in Cataclysm and CC wasn't needed in Wrath really.
    Besides SFK (which I dont even use there anymore) there are no undead. Even in other instances, there are few demons too. If anything, this would have a greater impact in PvP than PvE. 95% of the enemies you face this xpac are either humanoids, dragonkin, beasts or elementals; basically everything but demons and undead :/.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    Polymorph heals the target, if you want shackle to be usable on humanoids, it has to have some sort of restriction/downside like all CC.
    That'd be fine, point is I miss the days of having a shackle target because it made the game a bit more fun and I could compensate for less experienced players by using CC.

I obviously don't pvp, ever

Same old story here, if there were two distinct rule sets you could avoid the whole pve breaks pvp situations but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Elementals are classified as Outsiders, though. Which in a typical fantasy setting, a Priest/Cleric would want to push them back even if they can't contain them. But yes, Demons are a much higher priority!

Turn Undead became Turn Evil, Shackle Undead should do the same!
    don't forget about holy wrath that could only be used on UD too, same goes for exorcism i believe.

Anything unnatural should be a viable target for a Shackle, I'd say. I would very much like to incorporate at least Demonoids among the viable targets. I'm not sure about Elementals, I don't think it's needed or actually fitting.