Randoms need a lockout

The reason people get bored of doing randoms cause u do them every day.... people would get bored doing raids quick too if they could them every day too. I think randoms should have a 3 day lock out, so if u do a Lost city u wont be able to do it again for 3 days, etc.. I tthink that should help

Deleted
    So that means when you have done them all in one day you will be locked out from all randoms for 3 days then what will you do then in 3 days?

Good lord this is so dumb I actually don't know if you're trolling.

Deleted
    Alternatively, if you're bored of heroics..just..don't do them?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand you OP, If you do not want to do a heroic?

Just don't do it? They aren't forcing you

It's mere of a choice

Deleted
    Think he means when doing your 7 randoms, getting the same one more than once, where as otehrs you might not get at all.

I'd be up for randoms being on a checklist, in that once you do your first of 7, you can't get that again until you've randomly done 6 other heroics, unless you're queueing with a guildies who may not be on the same "checklist".

You can still sign up to specific dungeons, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    Good lord this is so dumb I actually don't know if you're trolling.
    I agree with this

Deleted
    or the preference of disabling certain randoms from being chosen.

i can tell you that ALOT does dungeons because they are already bored , not that they are getting bored from dungeons, if ur bored and ur locked for the next three days , what would u do? u woudnt play at all ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    That would slow down the ques for dps even more causing a ton more qq i dont think this is a good idea.

im not trolling, when i played FFXI, 5 man instances would have a lock out, can do 3 runs every 4 days and raids only do 2 out of 5 every week

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    im not trolling, when i played FFXI, 5 man instances would have a lock out, can do 3 runs every 4 days and raids only do 2 out of 5 every week
    How would you solve the complains of the Q's then? That would be disastrous

Deleted
    A lot of people just do 1 random heroic each day in order to gain higher tier points (or emblems back in the day) and then go off and level an alt or do fishing dailies or whatever. So it can get a little bit irritating when you get stuck doing the same heroic as your random if you wind up getting the same one a few times in a week and you don't go and see a different heroic for a couple of months sometimes.

il do my randoms as a tank.

and then dps can wait even longer.. just what we need!
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    or the preference of disabling certain randoms from being chosen.
    This! Only, have a max of maybe three you can say to not queue for. That way, if you only want super quick ones, you won't get HoO or DM. Vise versa if you're looking for rep. /shrug

Who does that many heroics every day?

Personally, I haven't done an original Cata heroic since late January.

Part of getting your reward for doing a random dungeon is the fact that you can't really choose what dungeon you do....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    The whole point of removing having to do a heroic daily for your VP or a random normal for JP was so that people wouldnt have to log in on a daily basis to get their max currency. now your suggesting for people to be LOCKED out of dungeons for a few days cause it might be boring and repetitive?

You actually already get locked out of the same dungeon on a daily basis if your doing heroics (and actually kill bosses) so you won't get that more than once in a day if your good enough to kill shit. As far as the random normal JP gain goes, if your that bothered about a specific dungeon, then screw the JP an do specific dungeons.

Of course doing dungeons over and over is boring and repetitive, so is doing raids (if you do it often enough) tons of stuff in this game is repetitive, if you haven't figured that out by now you should go play something else and save yourself some money every month.

We just gotten loads of freedom not having to log in every day for our dailies, and now you want to take that freedom away again, you think there were long Q's before? not to mention the QQ that will start.

Here's my solution, either stop doing dungeons for a while, go fishing or archeology (trust me if you that long enough youll find doing dungeons over and over will be very exciting) OR quit the game go play some scripted crap game with tons of 'action' like MW2 and leave us alone.

Quote Originally Posted by muran View Post
    You actually already get locked out of the same dungeon on a daily basis if your doing heroics (and actually kill bosses) so you won't get that more than once in a day if your good enough to kill shit.
    That is if you specifically queue for heroic dungeons. Random heroics do not take into account if you are saved to any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    That is if you specifically queue for heroic dungeons. Random heroics do not take into account if you are saved to any of them.
    I'm not so sure that is true. I think the LFD tool attempts to avoid heroics you are saved to. It is not a lockout by any means but I think the way Blizz worded it is that you are 'less likely' to be put in a dungeon you have already locked out. Obviously the more dungeons you do the smaller the pool of 'unsaved' dungeons becomes so you are more likely to get repeats the more you do in a day.
    "Brevity is...wit"