Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sandy Bridge VS Bulldozer

So i was wondering shall i go for i5 2500k or wait for bulldozer release then decide(The day they are released its my birthday xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, there were so many problems with sandy bridge that they have made the formal decision to scrap it, and make the H67 chipset boards.
    Then no one will have a sour taste of the word sandybridge in their mouth.

[User has received an infraction for this post. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-05-20 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    Wait, there were so many problems with sandy bridge that they have made the formal decision to scrap it, and make the H67 chipset boards.
    What ? ? ?

15+ Year Old Account
    This close to release It would be wise to wait and see, either way you will have a system that will last 2+ years with the exception that 1 may be discontinued next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have any reliable benchmarks of bulldozer yet. If you can wait then wait. There's always a possibility there'll be some nice price adjustments from both sides if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Maybe they'll discontinue you in order to make better, upgraded dual-core fanboy trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by kouki View Post
    wait, there were so many problems with sandy bridge that they have made the formal decision to scrap it, and make the h67 chipset boards.
    lol ........ ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    When exactly is the Bulldozer release scheduled for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    When exactly is the Bulldozer release scheduled for?
    Roughly 2 weeks from now. Possibly even during the E3.

Deleted
    june 14th, i think

I got a feeling Buldozer will be a let down but we will see.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said....what?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Morale of this post, drugs are bad.

On topic: If you can wait then wait and see how bulldozer turns out

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Octo-core AMD FX brings performance equal to Core i7-2600K?

if you look here, it looks like the 8 core bulldozer wont be much faster then the i7 2600k
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Octo-core AMD FX brings performance equal to Core i7-2600K?

if you look here, it looks like the 8 core bulldozer wont be much faster then the i7 2600k
    I'm very sceptical about it. AMD already betted on multiple cores with x6 and did epic fail with it. If you look at the last chart in the page linked above, the 8-core Bulldozer pulls even with 2600K in multithreaded test? Does that mean it will run at half speed compared to 2600K with single thread? It would be pretty close in line of current Phenoms... How about overclocking?

Also the last chart is quite blatantly doctored to make the fastest Bulldozer look better than i7-2600K. AMD processors are compared with discrete graphics card against the crap integrated graphics of Sandy Bridges...

Curious to see some real benchmarks instead of poorly doctored ones.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I'm very sceptical about it. AMD already betted on multiple cores with x6 and did epic fail with it. If you look at the last chart in the page linked above, the 8-core Bulldozer pulls even with 2600K in multithreaded test? Does that mean it will run at half speed compared to 2600K with single thread? It would be pretty close in line of current Phenoms... How about overclocking?

Also the last chart is quite blatantly doctored to make the fastest Bulldozer look better than i7-2600K. AMD processors are compared with discrete graphics card against the crap integrated graphics of Sandy Bridges...

Curious to see some real benchmarks instead of poorly doctored ones.
    Just wait until they're released. Anyone who claims one company are better than the other fail big time, go product by product.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Just wait until they're released. Anyone who claims one company are better than the other fail big time, go product by product.
    I'm sceptical because AMD has been performing significantly worse for past 6 years, and they're still adding more cores (up to 8 with Bulldozer) which already proved to be wrong with PhenomII's. I'm not claiming that Bulldozers will be bad, but I'm saying that there's very high chance it won't be near i5-2500K in gaming performance before and especially not after overclocking. 8 cores will do absolutely nothing while playing games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The quad-cores vs quad++cores feels a lot like HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray. Except there's already a clear winner for who's going to keep on going. >>
    Won't claim AMDs aren't bad. Just that continuing with tons of cores seems silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The quad-cores vs quad++cores feels a lot like HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray. Except there's already a clear winner for who's going to keep on going. >>
    Won't claim AMDs aren't bad. Just that continuing with tons of cores seems silly.
    Its an approach that works for some uses.

But its a bad approach for the general purpose market; where either forking can't reliably be done (browsing - notably JavaScript), can only be done to an extent (games) of which AMD exceeds, or doesn't need the power to begin with (office & movies).

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the same reports that Bulldozer will equal Sandybridge 1155. It's a shame AMD didn't try harder to aim for Intel's Enthusiast platform again but oh well. I guess it may provide a shift in the mainstream market pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Its an approach that works for some uses.
    Similarly, the hardware competitions of the past both had good sides for either competitor. :<