Thread: DK PvP Heals

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try and imagine a Death Knight without self heals, he would die within the first minute of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup we are OP. If they nerf blood because of PVP they will kill PVE tanking. I only PVE and frankly this fix idea for pvp balance is killing my mood each time they nerf or buff something.

If you want to kill a DK in pvp just kite him, do not let him get a lot of hits on you and you will win easy.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

They're not too bad in my opinion. I actually enjoy fighting death knights!

Mages can go kill themselves. (In game, of course.)

Deleted
    Blood dks can be outplayed easily, just disarm or kite them. If they have nothing to hit, they won't heal. Melee classes are kinda screwed against a blood dk.

Deleted
    our healing is limited to ourself only, it's limited to our suply of runes also having to ds a whole arena fight should pretty much make sure that the dk is not able to kill anything.. The dmg from ds is just too poor. Also if the dk is being kited it doesn't matter much. If the dk is using his lich borne, he is limited to his runic power, if you can cc him during this you're fine. If he is using his pet sacrifice you're shit out of luck unless you can cc his pet really fast. Basicly if you can force a dk into healing himself, you've pretty much cut off his dmg output..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbywinkz3 View Post
    uhh ya, just faced a dk/mage team in 2s and the dk was like 5%, popped anti magic shield and death striked to full hp in 3-5 swings....OP much?
    inpossible... Only way to do that is whit Litchbone (2 min CD) + deathcoil macro in unholy spec and it wold need full 120 runic power bar.

Unholy & Frost will 3 death strike (whit 2 death runes) wold heal 51k total if you have pvp gear whit hp around 120k. Thats 3 GCDs and 6 runes needed. After that he can pop Empowe Rune Weapon (5 min CD) to clear all runes and get 2 more death strikes that would heal another 34k. So e could basicly heal 85k every 5 min whit 6 GCDs. IF HE LANDS ALL DEATH STRIKES.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbywinkz3 View Post
    uhh ya, just faced a dk/mage team in 2s and the dk was like 5%, popped anti magic shield and death striked to full hp in 3-5 swings....OP much?

You...did it wrong.
    I'm going to bet either:

1. You or your partner are ranged.
    or
    2. You or your partner have a stun/cc
    or
    3. You have no idea how to put a comp together

No matter which one, you did it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggy View Post
    Simple, make Death Strike not usable in arena. Like Bloodlust, timewarp, Layonhands and so on.
    Make so druids cant go in to bear form in arena, let them be locked in cat form as feral!
    Rofl :S

Roll a DK and find out yourself at the same time find their weakness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    It's not just Blood. Blood isn't the problem AT ALL.

And I know "2v2 doesn't matter". Doesn't change the fact that it's retarded.

Again, if 15 seconds of not being able to do shit is going to safe you life multiple times whereas other specs/classes would've just died, who gives a shit about the damage at that time?
    You seems to be in every nerf dk thread there is. I crowned you now as the ambasador for QQ.

If he goes defensive mode to heal him up whit DS cyclone him run away and heal your self up.
    And dont come and say that he slowes / snare you becuse if he do he will have less runes to heal him self whit death strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    No, I think you're the one who doesn't get the point.

Said point is that when people complain about DK self healing being OP, it's almost always in the context of a DPS class that can also put out tremendous pressure/damage. My point is that when this self healing is taking place, then that damage/pressure is not. Thus, the main complaint as to why it is OP is wrong/not applicable. When a DK goes into self-healing mode, they're basically putting out not much more damage than a dedicated healing class.

Also this:

It's basically like this, Balduvian. You can do good damage, OR you can stop doing 90% of your damage for a full 20-25 seconds to heal yourself up, and only then if your opponent is dumb enough to stay in melee range. Because most QQ stems from the misconception that DKs are unkillable DPS machines that just passively regenerate all their health at no cost and no consequence, that QQ is invalid. DK self healing is not OP because there is choice and sacrifice involved.
    Wow i wish any one of my spells on my resto shaman hit for half as much as a frost strike

Also what planet are you on that it takes 20 seconds for a rune to regen that using death strike twice makes you completely unable to peform any dmg(cause last time i checked frost strike was a big part of the frost tree dmg and wasn't tied into your runes other than through rp) or that unohly dks can put out shit tons of dmg from there pet buff(which is stacked through truck like hitting death coils that are guess what, no part of the rune system)

The only way to make deathstrike fair to make it burn both resource systems. Its time for dks to have to play at the same skill level as other players!

*note a talent would have to be added deep with in the blood tree to reduce the runic cost of death strike to 0 in order for this to work properly*
    Last edited by Firehorse; 2011-05-20 at 02:32 PM.

Again, if 15 seconds of not being able to do shit is going to safe you life multiple times whereas other specs/classes would've just died, who gives a shit about the damage at that time? [/QUOTE]

There is no "multiple" times, in a fight you can get away with that ONCE. You can not continualy save yourself like your thinking. We dont have heals on tap anytime we want them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreeze View Post
    Try and imagine a Death Knight without self heals, he would die within the first minute of the game
    No one asked to remove DK selfheals though, just the tuning down of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dathraz View Post
    You seems to be in every nerf dk thread there is. I crowned you now as the ambasador for QQ.
    Saying "every" is probably not so accurate, but yea, quite a few. Why? Because the QQ is justified as far as Frost DK OP'ness goes. And actually, I don't really care wether they tone down their healing, control OR damage, as long as Frost DK's DO get toned down. They got to much of all 3 atm, and at least 1 of those factors needs to be toned down to balance them somewhat more. I bet the DK community is having less problems when their (frost dk's) healing gets toned down though, rather then their control and/or damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    There is no "multiple" times, in a fight you can get away with that ONCE. You can not continualy save yourself like your thinking. We dont have heals on tap anytime we want them.
    And why exactly? Why just once? I mean, it's not like you need insanely long CD's to heal back up.

Deleted
    I agree, i think it's ridiculous aswell. Was in a 2s arena with my partner and our enemy was a lonely Blood DK which we didn't manage to get down and the game ended in a tie.
    Everytime he dropped below 30% he would get 100% instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
    Wow i wish any one of my spells on my resto shaman hit for half as much as a frost strike

Also what planet are you on that it takes 20 seconds for a rune to regen that using death strike twice makes you completely unable to peform any dmg(cause last time i checked frost strike was a big part of the frost tree dmg and wasn't tied into your runes other than through rp) or that unohly dks can put out shit tons of dmg from there pet buff(which is stacked through truck like hitting death coils that are guess what, no part of the rune system)

The only way to make deathstrike fair to make it burn both resource systems. Its time for dks to have to play at the same skill level as other players!

*note a talent would have to be added deep with in the blood tree to reduce the runic cost of death strike to 0 in order for this to work properly*
    They do play at the same skill level as other normal players (mages only use mana, no problem with that?).

You need to learn about DKs, wich skills use runes, wich skills use runic power, how runic power is generated, how rune regen works, then you can think again about burning everything at the same time. And you will change your mind.

Frost strikes aren't the big numbers from Frost DKs... in pvp? Howling Blasts. Frost Strike is a good dmg dealer, but it does cost a good amount of runic power, that he also needs to defend himself, the only way for them to deliver a insane amount of Frost Strikes non stop is using Obliterates, Howling Blasts, NS... and expecting that Obliterates will proc Rime for extra HBs for all that Runic Power to do "big part of the damage" in pvp and at the same time defend himself from a "non-trainning dummy" player using the same runes and runic power. If you check the spellbook, none of these dmg abilites heal.

That's why they can't dish out insane damage at the same time they're defending and self healing. Death Strike isn't a frost tree skill, it's not tied to the spec talents. It's just a healing button that costs the same resources as the high cost damage button (obliterate) from the spec. It's not GCD free, it costs a pair of FU runes, it needs to HIT the target and does not have any talent synergy in the frost tree. Does not trigger free Howling Blasts, does not use Killing Machine, doesn not apply frost fever (glyphed HB). The only thing it does have is a glyph to let it heal more consistently. Even if a frost/unholy DK goes crazy and glyph DS... guess what? He will need to keep the runic power instead of using it for Frost Strikes to get benefit from the glyph.

If a frost DK is cornering you and making you pee your pants with Death Strikes, you're doing it wrong. Of course a healer is not suposed to have a good time against a DPS, not to mention a DPS that can interrupt and debuff your healing (the same way a Warrior does for example, in fact Warrior does way better).

They need to do a fine tuning now, but what you sugested is totally "lol, I don't know what i'm talking about! Just help me and screw the others!"

Do any of you realise how easy Death Knight healing is to prevent............ like seriously......................?

Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    QQ! I dunno how to fight a DK! It's simple really; if you have problems killing DK's don't fight them. All classes have a counter, it just happens that death knights can counter a few. They can still be easily decimated by frost maged, arms warriors, and a pair of rogues no problem. If you are unable to kill DKs due to death strike, just run away when you see one.
    You make yourself look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Diraunta View Post

I saw a few videos a few weeks-ish ago (or around then) on MMOC of DKs soloing stuff like Cata Heroic bosses (2 at once, oh snap) and some pretty tough WotLK bosses (at least, tough to solo).

Do they really need those heals?
    That was before they nerfed Blood Shields out of Blood Presence. You could use the Glyph of Dark Succor and get a guaranteed 15% heal and with enough Mastery a Huge shield each time. No more Blood Shield in Frost or Unoly = less soloing stuff like that.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooldoong View Post
    I find a lot of people don't approach DKs properly in a fight, lose, and complain on a forum.
    So might I ask what a proper approach would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Blood is just OP because it needs the heals for PvE and "nerfing" it would cause Blood dk's in PvE to be veru useless
    i dont think he's specifically talking blood...i hate lichborn and deathcoil especially when glyphed with death's embrace it's far too op

your all focusing too much on blood...blood isnt a very high rated pvp spec...hence not hte issue