Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why cant hunters use Detterence

Why can hunters not use Detterence when carrying the flag in CTF? its all we got. besides disengage, and that doesnt always work the way you want it to.

Because it makes you immune to stuff.

Seriously though, just be glad you can still use Disengage.

most likey the same reason a pally can't super bubble with the flag
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Because it makes you immune to stuff.

Seriously though, just be glad you can still use Disengage.
    Considering it lasts only 5 seconds and doesn't actually make you immune to damage (dots still tick), I think it's a reasonable complaint...

Deleted
    It is a fairly reasonable complaint but bubble does only last 8 seconds, too, that's only 3 more seconds than deterrance and I doubt a hunter would use it at such low HP that dot ticks would kill him before he gets at least one heal (in a random, sure, if we're talking RBGs then I'm pretty sure my statement is accurate).

Then again, who in their right mind would use a hunter as FC in a Rated Battleground. I would have no problem with them being able to use it, at least. There's no reason to.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    also anything in- air will hit.

Rogues can still cloak with the flag, warriors can use shield wall, etc. while carrying the flag

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Then again, who in their right mind would use a hunter as FC in a Rated Battleground. I would have no problem with them being able to use it, at least. There's no reason to.
    The mobility of a hunter could make them viable as a FC if they were able to actually use deterrence.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The mobility of a hunter could make them viable as a FC if they were able to actually use deterrence.
    as long as we can get a full deter, and afull masters call. if masters call gets dispelled we are useless.

also, most the time in places like TP you are running up hill so...disengage doesnt really help either

DKs can use AMS which makes them magic imune so this is a legit complaint. While detterence makes them immune to incoming dmg anything already on them keeps working, dots, slows whatever and is only up briefly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    5 seconds immunity can be the difference in half your team spawning at the gy reaching you or not, no other char has total immunity to fresh incoming dmg while carrying, welcome to the club

Dot dmg still ticks. so its not complete immunity

Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    Dot dmg still ticks. so its not complete immunity
    This, we are also still slowed if it was applied b4, we can still be hit by aoes (frost nova, blizzard, destro warlock stun, warrior or warlock aoe fear)
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Considering SHPriests can wisp form with the flag you've got a right to QQ, but they're more the exception than the norm. most classes can't use their main defense abilities while holding the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    Considering SHPriests can wisp form with the flag you've got a right to QQ, but they're more the exception than the norm. most classes can't use their main defense abilities while holding the flag.
    Big difference there is dispersion reduces dmg taken it doesnt make you immune to it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Big difference there is dispersion reduces dmg taken it doesnt make you immune to it.
    its practically the same thing when 10k+ hits are hitting for 300's to 500's...Priests rarely die in dispersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Can't people understand how it works, it doesn't make you immune to damage.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    its practically the same thing when 10k+ hits are hitting for 300's to 500's...Priests rarely die in dispersion.
    It also doesn't make you immune to anything other than snares. You can still be stunned, feared, sheeped, Death Gripped, ect. And it prevents the Priest from doing anything other than moving.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It would be a good change to allow this--

Hunters would not be made primary FC but it could allow the potential for some more strategic maneuvers for a hunter grabbing a flag for a bit in an RBG setting.