10+ Year Old Account

Odd WoW lag issues

So, recently I got a new computer, because my old one was pretty outdated. I mainly wanted to be able to play WoW with better graphics. My new pc can run WoW with graphics on high-ultra without a sweat. The only problem, is that any time after killing a boss or getting an Acheiv, I get lag. The lag only shows up when I try to use an ability, and just by doing a /reload the lag goes away. Other than that, the computer runs fine. I was looking for a solution to this problem, because it is really annoying me. Oh and, I had the same problem with my last computer. Which is why I am so confused.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handlebardoc View Post
    So, recently I got a new computer, because my old one was pretty outdated. I mainly wanted to be able to play WoW with better graphics. My new pc can run WoW with graphics on high-ultra without a sweat. The only problem, is that any time after killing a boss or getting an Acheiv, I get lag. The lag only shows up when I try to use an ability, and just by doing a /reload the lag goes away. Other than that, the computer runs fine. I was looking for a solution to this problem, because it is really annoying me. Oh and, I had the same problem with my last computer. Which is why I am so confused.

This REALLY sounds like an addon issue. Anytime a ui reload fixes the problem, it can usually be pegged as such.

It truthfully sounds like one of your addons may have a memory leak - make sure you completely update all of your addons. Providing a list here of what you use (only after updating, test that first) will help pinpoint if any may be outdated or known to have such issues.