10+ Year Old Account

Frostweave farming

I'm leveling first aid, so I don't have that extra cloth buff that tailors get. Any idea which instance yields a lot of them? I've gone through all 156 comments on Wowhead and I know about the outdoor mobs, but the drop rate is dismal for me. As an 85 paladin, I prefer thick concentration of mobs where I can AoE them down due to my lack of ranged AoE and attacks. So I started thinking about instances, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows what instance would be good.

Biscuits for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell you a good instance for cloth but what works for me is the area with the cultists all the way in the north of Icecrown, west of the trial of the crusade area, level 80 mobs easily pullable with the mount and they share a respawn timer so not much unnecesairy waiting either

edit: never mind I didn't realise you specifically asked for instanced area's till after I posted

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the cultists are okay, but I didn't get much cloth, about 1 stack for 30 minutes. But thank you for your reply though.

As an aside, I picked UP on a whim and ran it 3 times, I got 64 cloth in 39 minutes. Feels like an improvement to me, so in case anyone's interested, that's my anecdote.

The converted heroes in western icecrown are really easy. You can pull the whole group and you usually get 10 per pack.

I used this area while grinding frostweave for tailoring. Good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by tslaughter View Post
    The converted heroes in western icecrown are really easy. You can pull the whole group and you usually get 10 per pack.

I used this area while grinding frostweave for tailoring. Good spot.
    This, filled my bags with frostweave, turned out they sold for 80-100g a stack

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    i get around 40 cloth per 3min in icecrown

Have a buddy with the tailoring buff afk and go in an instance with you, maybe set him on /follow. Any instance with humanoid mobs will yield the cloth, so maybe UP and UK?

Deleted
    I found the most Frostweave Cloth in Pit of Saron, but I think Converted Heroes are still better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMcNut View Post
    Have a buddy with the tailoring buff afk and go in an instance with you, maybe set him on /follow. Any instance with humanoid mobs will yield the cloth, so maybe UP and UK?
    The extra cloth is only lootable by the Tailor.

As an example, lets say Player A and Player B are in an instance together, Player B is a tailor. When Player A loots a mob and takes his findings, Player B has a chance to loot 4-8 cloth from the mob after Player A had looted it. Likewise, when Player B loots something specific to him, he has a chance to also loot the extra cloth. Player A does not have the ability to get the extra cloth unless Player B is looting it and trading it to him.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    if your gona be farming like this for cloth does anyone know if the flask of treasure finding will work on these mobs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    if your gona be farming like this for cloth does anyone know if the flask of treasure finding will work on these mobs?
    I think it specifically states that it only works in Cata areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I think it specifically states that it only works in Cata areas.
    yea, it does

Potion of Treasure Finding
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 85
    Use: Allows you to sometimes find extra treasure from monsters in Mount Hyjal, Vash'jir, Deepholm, Twilight Highlands and Uldum. Lasts 1 hour. Effect persists through death. (1 Min Cooldown)
    Sell Price: 50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Yeah, the cultists are okay, but I didn't get much cloth, about 1 stack for 30 minutes. But thank you for your reply though.

As an aside, I picked UP on a whim and ran it 3 times, I got 64 cloth in 39 minutes. Feels like an improvement to me, so in case anyone's interested, that's my anecdote.
    I just leveled my Tailoring through LK content and I ran through DtK on my lvl 85, geared DK (both H and normal are good) with the Enchanter of my friend in my party (so I could also DE everything and sell those mats on the AH while he was just questing out on his own, leveling). My DK is a Skinner/Miner, so with everything, combined, I got a good amount of cloth, leather from the raptors, and chanting mats from the boe's that dropped. Got all the mats I need for my tailor and my enchanter I'm leveling, as well as about 500 gold in leather in the span of few hours. I think it's cool that you just have to be in group with an Enchanter to get the popup to DE roll now :-D
    Last edited by Vaelyn; 2011-06-06 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    You might want to try downloading NPCscan and NPCscan overlay and looking for rares. On average flying round northrend finds me 2/3 rares 2-3 rares. They drop a bag that usually contains 20 frostweave, some G, crystalised element of some sort and the mob itself drops a boe blue that probably sells for about 30g.
    Can work out at about 120g on a good day on my realm.