Poll: Is it soda or pop?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    I call it a liter o' cola.
    really? cuz i call it a large Farva

Soda is what you call sparkling water, and we just call stuff by there flavor + Sparkling so Sparkling Grapefruit Sparkling orange Juice etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    "Pop"? Never even heard that. Soda all the way. Or well, depending on situation, I'll use the term "soft drink" if I'm talking to someone that's rather "sophisticated", such as a professor or whatever (I have no idea why I'd be discussing soda with a professor but yeah..)
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

In Minnesota it's Pop. I go to another state and they think I'm asking for pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    In Minnesota it's Pop. I go to another state and they think I'm asking for pot.
    /wave at fellow MN person

its pop damn it

10+ Year Old Account
    Soda pop!

need moar chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Soda. Or just call it a drink. Or by the drink's name.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a non native speaker, both pop and soda sound retarded. Thread can be closed now

Soda and originally from VA. Currently in the northeast and all I hear it called is soda up here as well.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Tasty Bubble Juice

none of the above

those are all american terms

15+ Year Old Account

i love how even in soda/pop, the state of pennsylvania is divided by pittsburge in the west and Philly in the east all civil war-like... as it should be.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2011-05-26 at 07:02 AM.

I call it soft drink or by it's name.

10+ Year Old Account
    SODA should be the ONYL option there is, pop is just wrong it makes me want to claw people's eyes out who say it.
    Since I'm extremely lazy an dont' want to type it out that many times, SODAx100,000

Did I mention that it's soda? If not then it's called soda
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    "Hey can i get a big mac and a Stfu and just drink what you like please, no fries"
    LOLOLOL that is exactly what i say when I go to Mcds :P

Deleted
    No idea, but the best one I've had is definetly the one from Burger King in Spain.
    The taste was so brutally good. Man I wish I had something like that to drink now :/

Funny how regional it is, originally from Nebraska and I always called it pop. Lived in Florida for a few years and now I say soda a lot more. For good ol timmey sake, its sodie pop.

Its Soda, thread over. From reading this thread that colored map is about right. If you look, the "pop" area is much larger but nobody lives there. In the areas that matter (New York and California) its Soda. When the middle of the country gets a city that's as important/big as New York/LA or gets a state that actually has people in it, their opinion counts. Until then...

I call it soda myself, but when I was quite a bit younger I called it pop. My mom and I moved from Ohio to Florida when I was about 7, everyone here calls it soda. My whole family up north calls it pop still. I once knew someone from the Carolina's who called it soda pop; based on that I always just assumed it was a north/south thing.

This thread has been brought back like 16 times, just as it's hitting a week old or so. lol

Anyway, I still think that map is the thread ender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.