Raid lock extensions

Can you do the following?

Start a raid with 10 people. Get all the way up to nef. Have 2 of the people leave the group and kill nef. They extend their raid id's. The next week you all join one of people who left using that persons lock and down nef again. Repeat the following week. Basically a T11 farm without the other bosses.

Deleted
    one raid ID = one raid, complete with all the bosses.

so no.

think of the raid ID like a real world, each time a raid ID is created a real world is created.
    if you do something in this world it stays permanent, even if you weren't there to witness it.

the main reason to extend locks is for progression

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post

so no.

think of the raid ID like a real world, each time a raid ID is created a real world is created.
    if you do something in this world it stays permanent, even if you weren't there to witness it.

Basically this. But we still don't know if falling trees make any noise.

so no.

I thought that they changed it to now lock each boss separately. So I could down 1 boss on ID 1 and you could down the same boss on ID 2 and we could join a raid together and down the second boss. Also, if you continue and kill the 2nd boss, it wouldn't prevent me from joining another raid and killing the 2nd boss with them.

From this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ystem-in-4.0.1
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2011-07-28 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    If no one ever heard the sound of a tree that no one heard in all these years, you can assume falling trees that no hears hears make no sound.

Not possible.
    If everyone makes a raid, say raid ID #1
    All ten players kill 5/6 in BWD.
    Raid ID #1 is now 5/6.
    If 2 players from that raid ID#1 regroup later in the week and PUG, kill nef, well raid ID #1 is now 6/6, no matter what you do.
    If the next week, the other 8 players extend raid ID#1, tough luck, it is still 6/6 and Nef is dead.
    The separate ID lockout is made so that if the other 8 players want to join raid ID #2 later in the week , also 5/6 with Nef up, they can on the same week of Raid ID #1.
    You can switch to another raid ID at the same level, or more advanced, but bosses in 1 raid ID can't be killed more than once (and you can't kill a boss twice since you are saved to up to the boss you kill).
    If they go up to 5/6 in ID#1, they can either get Nef on raid ID#1 or raid ID#2 if it's up to Nef also.

Hope it's clear.
    Last edited by Timir; 2011-07-28 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timir View Post
    Not possible.
    Raid ID #1 is now 5/6.
    If 2 players from that raid ID#1 kill nef, well raid ID #1 is now 6/6, no matter what you do.
    If the next week, the 8 players extend raid ID#1, it is still 6/6.
    The separate ID lockout is made so that if the other 8 players want to join raid ID #2 , also 5/6 with Nef up, they can on the same week of Raid ID #1.
    You can switch to another raid ID at the same level, or more advanced, but bosses in 1 raid ID can't be killed more than once.

Hope it's clear.
    Still have a problem with it. From the link that I posted:

"Let's look at another example of the Flexible Raid Lock system. A guild schedules three nights for 25-player Icecrown Citadel raiding on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. On Wednesday, the raid defeats Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Icecrown Gunship Battle, and Saurfang. On Thursday, five people cancel their raid attendance due to real life emergencies. The raid leader knows that if he cancels Thursday raiding, there's little chance they'll have enough time on Saturday to defeat the other eight bosses in Icecrown Citadel. So he splits the remaining 20 Thursday raiders into two 10-player raids. Each new raid enters Icecrown Citadel and defeats Rotface, Festergut, Blood Council, and Valithria Dreamwalker."

If that were the case, how would the bold portion be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Still have a problem with it. From the link that I posted:

"So he splits the remaining 20 Thursday raiders into two 10-player raids. Each new raid enters Icecrown Citadel and defeats Rotface, Festergut, Blood Council, and Valithria Dreamwalker."

If that were the case, how would the bold portion be possible?
    By splitting, it means you go from 1 25man, to 3 10man raid, each with their sperate raid ID. (ID #1 split to ID #2,#3,#4)
    I guess that by this procedure, you COULD go from killing Nef in 25man 1 week. to killing Nef in 10man 3 weeks in a row without killing the other bosses, with a bit of planning.
    out of 25, you use 2 decoys for raid IDs (say member 24th ID #3 and 25th ID#4)
    Week 1:5/6 in 25man on ID #1 + Member 1to10 kill nef10 on ID #2
    Week 2: Member 1 to 10 kill nef10 on 24's save ID#3 (24 goes in, everyone else does, switch leader, kick 24)
    Week 3: Member 1 to 10 kill nef10 on 25's save ID #4 (25 goes in, everyone else does, switch leader, kick 25)
    Last edited by Timir; 2011-07-28 at 03:49 PM.

the raid system locks you to how many bosses you have defeated per week

so if you've defeated 5/6, as soon as you defeat nef you're 6/6. you have to wait until a reset to join another 5/6. I would imagine someone could extend that lock out but everyone that attends will be 6/6 and will have to wait til a reset and find a new person that is 5/6.

also heroic raids work similarly to how they did back before the flexible system. if a person defeats a boss in heroic difficulty, they are saved with a hidden raid ID number (which isn't there in normal mode only). They cannot join a raid with a seperate raid ID number, so if there's a raid that defeated heroic magmaw and a seperate group that did him normal mode and did omnitron in heroic, they will have two seperate IDs and members in these lockouts cannot join the other group from that point. if the group that defeated magmaw on normal joins the group that defeated him on heroic, they will no longer be able to do heroics and may become saved to that raid ID.

point is, sure you could farm tier 11 this way, assuming that you only bring 1 member from the original 5/6 run every week and extend their lock out, which is greedy that you are getting to run 10 times while each of them only get to run once in a 10 week span.

edit: also i think the ability to revive a raid lockout does expire over time.
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    point is, sure you could farm tier 11 this way, assuming that you only bring 1 member from the original 5/6 run every week and extend their lock out, which is greedy that you are getting to run 10 times while each of them only get to run once in a 10 week span.
    No. while you can migrate to another raid ID, each raid ID cant be defeated more than once.
    You'd kill Nef in the 1st week, only to find out week#2 that when one from the other 9 extend, nef will be dead, since he is dead in that raid ID from last week.

Think about it, The extend procedure extends what if not a perticular raid ID?
    If you push that logic further.
    Kill 1/6, extend, next kill, 10 raid (each raid consisting of 1 from intial raid+ 9 new members, 10x1) kill 2nd/6, next week, 100 raids (10x10) kill 3rd/6, next week, 1000 raids (10x100) kill 4th/6, next week, 10 000 raids (10x1000) kill 5th/6.
    There you go, 192 years worth of Only Nef, no other bosses.
    Last edited by Timir; 2011-07-28 at 04:04 PM.

What you don't understand is that there aren't really "raid ids" anymore. It's all personal lockouts now. So yes op, you can do that, just have the 5/6 person extend the lockout and invite the raid the next week. I've done it in icc, did a heroic mode clear and went on an alt to get the title for lichking, so the next week I could go on my main and extend the lockout and just do heroic lich king.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 11:29 AM ----------

Not possible.If everyone makes a raid, say raid ID #1All ten players kill 5/6 in BWD.Raid ID #1 is now 5/6.If 2 players from that raid ID#1 regroup later in the week and PUG, kill nef, well raid ID #1 is now 6/6, no matter what you do.If the next week, the other 8 players extend raid ID#1, tough luck, it is still 6/6 and Nef is dead.The separate ID lockout is made so that if the other 8 players want to join raid ID #2 later in the week , also 5/6 with Nef up, they can on the same week of Raid ID #1.You can switch to another raid ID at the same level, or more advanced, but bosses in 1 raid ID can't be killed more than once (and you can't kill a boss twice since you are saved to up to the boss you kill).If they go up to 5/6 in ID#1, they can either get Nef on raid ID#1 or raid ID#2 if it's up to Nef also.Hope it's clear.
    Sure that would happen. If it was 10 months ago. Now you cant get saved to a boss if you weren't there for the boss (unless you join a raid with two bosses dead and then kill a third it counts as you being saved to those 3 bosses). If they wanted, your hypothetical 5/6 10 man could split off into nine raids and all ninety people go kill nefarian, whole the tenth person could wait until the next week and then extend his lockout and kill nefarian then.

Maybe you're right and I'm wrong. Anyone else wanna weigh in?
    I myself have not tried the whole turn 1 raid into 3-4-5-6 raids. or Even just 2.
    I was told they was still a hidden raid ID behind it all whenever you step in an instance for the 1st time of a week. You can get another one by joining someone else's of equal or more progress and i THOUGHT, that was the whole flexible part.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    We have some people who are don't need the T11 items. There are also a few people that can't make it this week so it would be nice to make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayv View Post
    I'm amazed by the amount of bullshit in this thread.
    You brought up some exciting , detailed and intelligent new information. We did read, we were merly debating the new raid ID flexible lockout and the fact that extending their raid ID when the 8 others killed nef the previous week would have Nef up or not.
    I was under the impression that raid ID still existed, but you could switch to another. However as long as you didnt switch, the 10 pple had the same raid ID, therefore bosses killable only once.

Douche.
    Last edited by Timir; 2011-07-28 at 06:14 PM.

Almost everyone who gave an answer is completely wrong.

If I left the raid at 5/6, my personal raid lock will stay at 5/6, even if everyone else in the raid kills Nef. That means next week, I can invite them all back, extend my raid lock, and now they get to skip straight to Nef. The caveat, of course, is that when I kill Nef with the new raid this week, everyone is at 6/6 including me, and nobody can extend their raid lock straight to Nef next week.

The simple version is that if you kill 5/6 and extend your raid lock, you can extend it later in order for you and your whole group to skip straight to Nef, but you can only do it once. You cannot farm on 5/6 extended locks forever, because one person always has to go 6/6 on their extended lock to make it possible.

Wow.

So much misinformation in this thread. WOW.

To the OP: Yes. It works. I've done it, several times.
    You are now locked by bosses. There are no raid ID's.

I did this on my Shaman for a solid 3 weeks, had him locked to Nef and just used that lock on my other characters. You can even do it on multiple characters PER WEEK.

Lemme give an example

I take my Shaman to BWD. Clear to Nef. Hop over on my Warrior and take thier Lock then kill Nef.
    If I logged my Shaman out in the instance he'll come in with a warning saying "This instance is 6/6, do you want to be locked to it?" which obviously, since there's no more bosses to kill, there's nothing to lock me with.

So then next week I take my Shaman, jump in the instance with an extended lock. Only Nef is up.
    Then hop over to my Warrior again and do Nef again.

Then next week I take my Shaman, jump into the instance with the same extended lock. Only Nef is up
    Then hop over to my Warrior and do Nef again.

Another Example

I take my Shaman to Cho'Gall, I don't kill him. QQ
    Organise another raid on my DK. Bring my Shaman over to generate the instance, right to Cho'Gall. Log my DK and kill him.
    Organise another raid on my Druid. Bring my Shaman over to generate the instance, right to Cho'Gall. Log my Druid and kill him.
    Organise another raid on my Warrior. Bring my Shaman over to generate the instance, right to Cho'Gall. Log my Warrior and kill him.

Then next week, I extend my Shaman's lock and I can kill it again, for as many groups as I want as many times as I want. Only once per character obviously.

Get an alt you're not fussed about locked right to the final boss and you can farm your Shoulders/Helms on as many characters as you wish.

You can farm lockouts forever.

so no.

Wrong.

Raid ID's done exist like that anymore. They’re instance ID’s now. The characters who left are saved to what they killed with, that and only that. They can extend again and get those bosses killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Wrong.

Not possible.
    Raid ID #1 is now 5/6.
    If 2 players from that raid ID#1 regroup later in the week and PUG, kill nef, well raid ID #1 is now 6/6, no matter what you do.
    If the next week, the other 8 players extend raid ID#1, tough luck, it is still 6/6 and Nef is dead.
    The separate ID lockout is made so that if the other 8 players want to join raid ID #2 later in the week , also 5/6 with Nef up, they can on the same week of Raid ID #1.
    You can switch to another raid ID at the same level, or more advanced, but bosses in 1 raid ID can't be killed more than once (and you can't kill a boss twice since you are saved to up to the boss you kill).
    If they go up to 5/6 in ID#1, they can either get Nef on raid ID#1 or raid ID#2 if it's up to Nef also.

Hope it's clear.
    Wrong.

If you don’t know how something works you probably shouldn’t try “clear it up”

By splitting, it means you go from 1 25man, to 3 10man raid, each with their sperate raid ID. (ID #1 split to ID #2,#3,#4)
    I guess that by this procedure, you COULD go from killing Nef in 25man 1 week. to killing Nef in 10man 3 weeks in a row without killing the other bosses, with a bit of planning.
    out of 25, you use 2 decoys for raid IDs (say member 24th ID #3 and 25th ID#4)
    Week 1:5/6 in 25man on ID #1 + Member 1to10 kill nef10 on ID #2
    Week 2: Member 1 to 10 kill nef10 on 24's save ID#3 (24 goes in, everyone else does, switch leader, kick 24)
    Week 3: Member 1 to 10 kill nef10 on 25's save ID #4 (25 goes in, everyone else does, switch leader, kick 25)
    Still wrong.

Why don’t you try this and see what happens rather than guessing?

No. while you can migrate to another raid ID, each raid ID cant be defeated more than once.
    You'd kill Nef in the 1st week, only to find out week#2 that when one from the other 9 extend, nef will be dead, since he is dead in that raid ID from last week.

Think about it, The extend procedure extends what if not a perticular raid ID?
    If you push that logic further.
    Kill 1/6, extend, next kill, 10 raid (each raid consisting of 1 from intial raid+ 9 new members, 10x1) kill 2nd/6, next week, 100 raids (10x10) kill 3rd/6, next week, 1000 raids (10x100) kill 4th/6, next week, 10 000 raids (10x1000) kill 5th/6.
    There you go, 192 years worth of Only Nef, no other bosses.
    Wrong again.

---------- Post added 2011-07-29 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    Almost everyone who gave an answer is completely wrong.

If I left the raid at 5/6, my personal raid lock will stay at 5/6, even if everyone else in the raid kills Nef. That means next week, I can invite them all back, extend my raid lock, and now they get to skip straight to Nef. The caveat, of course, is that when I kill Nef with the new raid this week, everyone is at 6/6 including me, and nobody can extend their raid lock straight to Nef next week.

The simple version is that if you kill 5/6 and extend your raid lock, you can extend it later in order for you and your whole group to skip straight to Nef, but you can only do it once. You cannot farm on 5/6 extended locks forever, because one person always has to go 6/6 on their extended lock to make it possible.
    Listen to this guy.
    Last edited by Ceria; 2011-07-29 at 04:35 AM.

Yes you can. Had people on my server do this to get Bane of the Fallen King on their alts.

You can do it more than once. Just the person that extended needs to leave again after everyone is in.