Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Loyal dog refuses to leave owners Casket!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/829...oldiers-casket

The dog of a slain US Navy SEAL remained loyal even in death — refusing to walk away from his owner's casket during the funeral service.

Petty Officer Jon Tumilson, 35, from San Diego, was one of 30 troops killed in Afghanistan when a Chinook helicopter was shot down by Taliban insurgents on August 6. (Read more: 31 special forces troops killed in chopper crash)

His funeral was held in Rockford, Iowa, last Friday.

During the service, attended by 1500 people, his Labrador Hawkeye walked up to the casket, heaved a sigh and lay down in front of it for the duration of the memorial.

Tumlinson's cousin, Lisa Pembleton, photographed the dog resting by the casket.

"Hawkeye was/is his loyal 'son'… I hadn't planned on taking any pictures other than with family," Pembleton wrote in a statement to the military blog Home Post.

"However, from my seat at the funeral, I felt compelled to take one photo to share with family members who couldn't make it or couldn't see what I could from the aisle."

Aww now that is true loyalty to the end!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

That is such a touching story. Dogs are fantastic.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is one loyal dog, Much respects to him and that dog

That dog looks exactly like mine, couldn't ask for a more loyal breed.

That's touching. Dogs are such great companions.

Deleted
    This should be shown to all idiots and fools that refuse to acknowledge that animals have emotions, and to anyone with a sub-par intelligence that takes anthropomorphism seriously.

A nice story that reminds me of Greyfriars Bobby.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-08-25 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    Very sad reminds me of my dog a bit who is very loyal too and wants to be near me as much as possible.

Made me shed a tear. rip.

Really nice story, thanks for the link. Dogs are amazing.

Deleted
    Some people says cats don't give a shit about its owners but i own a cat for 6 years now and i remember once when i was in some big pains rolling on the floor in agony and just stood there on the floor moaning for hours the cat stood next to my head all this time not leaving me but again my cat sleeps in bed with me and wife most of the time during winter,he stays on desk every time (now is sleeping on the pc),so yeah i think cats are loyal too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThis View Post
    Some people says cats don't give a shit about its owners but i own a cat for 6 years now and i remember once when i was in some big pains rolling on the floor in agony and just stood there on the floor moaning for hours the cat stood next to my head all this time not leaving me but again my cat sleeps in bed with me and wife most of the time during winter,he stays on desk every time (now is sleeping on the pc),so yeah i think cats are loyal too.

When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time at my grandparent's house, and I was always waking up with their cat on top of me. Of course they love their owners, but they are independent as hell. Not that it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xicoz View Post
    Okay...that just stabbed me in the heart. Oh geez. Sad faceinfinity.

Deleted

This was pretty awesome and touching. Who made it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    This was pretty awesome and touching. Who made it?
    I wish I knew. I got the link ages ago, from some thread on this site actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs. Truely mans best friend. To prove it, lock your dog and your wife in your car trunk for an hour. After you open it, see who's happy to see you.

I think I'm gonna go downstairs and hug my dog for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Dogs. Truely mans best friend. To prove it, lock your dog and your wife in your car trunk for an hour. After you open it, see who's happy to see you.

http://h6img.com/p/5/man-best-friend.jpg

It's not like it's unique. Things like these happen every day.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    This made me lol...

But this is a really sad story.

I waited for you fry.
    Last edited by xiphia; 2011-08-25 at 09:44 AM.