View Poll Results: Is this punishment fair?

Voters
454. This poll is closed
  • Yes

307 67.62%
  • No

147 32.38%
Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Boy throws rocks at car, shot by crossbow

http://www.king5.com/news/Boy-trhowi...128674563.html

This story is a few days old, but a boy was throwing rocks at cars from an overpass, and was shot by a crossbow. Is this punishment just and fair? Personally, I'm ok with it. The boy could have caused an accident resulting in deaths. Crossbow to the gut? Pwnd.

I support any punishment carried out by crossbow.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I think a crossbow is more than a bit excessive, idiots like that deserve to be punished.

One thing's for sure though: That kid isn't touching a rock again.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2011-09-06 at 05:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A crossbow? I haven't seen/heard those in awhile being used. I disagree on him being shot, could of at least gave the boy a warning =/

Deleted
    He got what he had coming

He deserved to be punished, but that was a little extreme. (I did giggle sadly, what a horrible person I've become.)

We have some walking canes in a stand at my job, and kids are immediately attracted to them like magnets, and this 14 year old comes in deciding it's okay dual wield them in the store. I applaud his creativity but he cost us over 200$ in damages to products =/ He just ran around knocking things off shelves and breaking items, his mum was just oblivious. Where was the crossbow punishment then eh?
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes... but only because he survived, that will teach him to throw rocks at cars... that can kill people >.>

Deleted
    Crossbow - Fair enough.

Crossbow Sharp-tipped bolts - Not good. Should have used blunt bolts. Would have gotten the message then without risk of death.

Shooting a boy with a crossbow for throwing rocks at cars is a completely ridiculous and criminal response. Call the police. I mean, seriously, that's just insane behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I support any punishment carried out by crossbow.
    Lmao so much win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Shooting a boy with a crossbow for throwing rocks at cars is a completely ridiculous and criminal response. Call the police. I mean, seriously, that's just insane behavior.
    This 150%, I can't believe so many people support something that could have resulted in the kid being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Crossbow - Fair enough.

Crossbow Sharp-tipped bolts - Not good. Should have used blunt bolts. Would have gotten the message then without risk of death.
    a blunt tip crossbow bolt would probably do more damage its not like a police bean bag shot, crossbows put out a lot of velocity and it would have done more damage than a pointed tip crossbow

The poll results make me sad atm, Sure he deserve punishment, but really? Getting shot by a crossbow?

Fair? No.
    He asked for it? Yes.

As far as shotting a boy with a crossbow isnt a fair punishment; once you go savage mode throwing rocks at people you gonna get other people to do savagery to you.

Deleted
    Attempted murder on a kid for throwing rocks? Ridiculous. Call the police or go beat the little shit, murder is going too far.

Deleted
    The real question is....why the hell was he carrying a crossbow?

If you put the lives of other people at risk don't be surprised when they fight back.

If somebody drops rocks on your vehicle when you're driving down a highway you are within reason to kill them, clearly they have no problem killing you. Boy should count himself lucky for still being alive.

That'll teach the kid lol

You ehar about accidents in the UK where a kid has thrown a rock off of a bridge at a car going along the motorway. A 70 mph collision of a rock with a windscreen will shatter the glass without removing a lot of the force behind it, and then usually kill anyone it hits. He deserved a harsh punishment, but maybe not a crossbow bolt to the gut.
    RETH