Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Oh my! World Seeds!

First post in the new minecraft subforum!

Just recently got the game myself, and aside from the server I made for me and my girlfriend, I keep remaking single player worlds all the time trying to get someplace really sweet.

Seeds I've used that got me cool places:

Katamari
    Swing

if you've got the 1.9 prerelease, use 5630765669477878057 and look for the mushroom biome featured in

anyway, hope this place really takes off, I love minecraft.

It has a giant cave system right below the spawn area, under some gravel.

GiantRavine

Has a, who would have guessed, giant ravine a couple of dirt layers below.

Both have a survival game in the Minecraft forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    404 doesn't work with 1.8 anymore, last time I checked. Google for 404 challenge and download the world if you want to play it in 1.8+.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOh, awesome, i will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    404 doesn't work with 1.8 anymore, last time I checked. Google for 404 challenge and download the world if you want to play it in 1.8+.
    Oh, I didn't know, I only tried it once just to see how big the cave was. I'm more of a creative player =P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll often use specific seed numbers in order to pass along the terrain information easily. On 1.8.1, the seed of 2 (yes, just a single digit) gives some really nice columnar terrain just begging for observation decks and platforms. On earlier versions, 7 gave me a pretty nice starting area to learn the mechanics of the game. I haven't tried to re-render a terrain using the same seed now that the renderer is different, I should do I guess!
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

15+ Year Old Account
    "what if zelda was a girl" generates a world almost entirely covered in water.

Found it on some forum, so no credit to me, but hey there you go.

I found two really neat seeds when creating random worlds in single player. 102603401 and 962574242 they had some really neat biomes, one of the two seeds (Cant remember which) had it right at spawn point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    If you type "impossible" as a seed (Without the quotation marks) you'll spawn right next to an NPC city.

I cant remember what seed i used.. but I ended up on a small island with water all around it. I've completed a map and there is a totalt of maybe 3 or 4 small islands around where i started. Everything else is water..

Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    I cant remember what seed i used.. but I ended up on a small island with water all around it. I've completed a map and there is a totalt of maybe 3 or 4 small islands around where i started. Everything else is water..
    "suavebaby" does that. Try surviving 30 days on hard mode. And no swimming to other islands... Only way I've done that is being lucky enough to find a big mineshaft complex somewhere...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    "suavebaby" does that. Try surviving 30 days on hard mode. And no swimming to other islands... Only way I've done that is being lucky enough to find a big mineshaft complex somewhere...
    nice how about diging that sand up and making a sandstone bridge to other islands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the worst seed ever back in 1.7. And it was "Energy"

Was just a sea (quite literally) of nothing..except a whole bunch of small islands spaced apart...and ocean. I literally searched for an hour and a half in every direction for a shoreline IN A BOAT, thinking this was some sort of bad joke, but oh no. Nothing. Not a single coastline of any sort. Just small island..after small island..after small island. If this is still the same seed in 1.8, it's worth checking out if you are some sort of sick masochist that is on a quest for a bad time, lol.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

in 1.9.pre the seed
    spawns a big mushroom-island west of your spawn-position
    (the left island)
    including mooshrooms
    Last edited by nobodx; 2011-09-27 at 01:37 PM.

gimmeabreak

Will spawn you inside an NPC Village in the 1.9 pre release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have this awesome seed Pre 1.8 that was "Jesse Cox" minus the quotes. I was typing in random crap, don't judge me :P. But now typing it in just spawns you in a forrest biome with some pretty funky random floating islands nearby. Nothing else really.

But post 1.8 I found "Eden" minus the quotes. Not meant to be religious, was mainly inspired randomly from FFXIII. You spawn next to a lake. Ontop of the hill near the river where you spawn amongst the trees is a cave entrance that takes you down to a dungeon that is open (like, the ye olde dungeon, not the fancy new ones). Theres also another cave, so don't get mixed up. The cave with the dungeon has a sandstone roof/wall halfway down for reference.

Across the river is a small desert, and across that is a pine forrest with a massive crater a lil hike in that looks like someone used a terrain editor twice in roughly the same spot. There is some Iron strewn throughout the crater. Alot of coal. And 2 caves, one which I can confirm leads to a massive underground ravine after some sperlunkering. The other I think was just a deadend. Will have a look again in creative to confirm.

Edit:The cave with the dirt near the entrance leads to the dead end.
    The cave with the gravel in the entrance leads to the massive cave system with the Ravine in it somewhere.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2011-09-27 at 02:57 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    "gimmeabreak" spawns you directly beside a npc village

The seed "Water" Spawns you on a small island with only one tree. Next to spawn is a massive cave system with Lava at the start. Its one of the more challenging and fun maps that ive played

For 1.8+ A pretty amazing seed is Fox - its a snowy area and I found a mine almost instantly going all the way down to Diamond level where I found 2 to mine with steel pic axes that I found from several chests in that mine.. its just awesome for singleplayer start imo.

Another one with a bunch of islands is "Torchwood" lol. That's about it though, it doesn't have much.
    Last edited by Joels; 2011-09-27 at 04:11 PM. Reason: This is for 1.8+