Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    It took 3 months for me to get Tyrande's Favourite Doll, and 4 months to get the Alchemist mount recipe. But I do have news for you all - it's optional. It's not required. You don't have to do it. If you choose to do it, you should lose all entitlement to QQ on forums like little bitches.
    AKA I've got my shit, I don't give a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Thanks for the suggestions OP. I agree with you on pretty much every one. I quit Arch when I got my professor title and was fortunate enough to get the epic items I wanted most, but then lost the incentive to continue, esp as new tiers of gear came out.

Please try to keep this civilized and on topic. I'd rather not have to come back to infract people who can't play nice.

I love all of these ideas...however giving the enchant thing would make it a little OP. Sure everyone can get it, but it would be a tedious grind that is required for high end raiders.

!!!!!

Archaeology is what none trolls do while waiting for their dungeon instead of sitting in trade channel in cities mouthing off at one another.

It is a frustrating profession, I admit. It took 3 months for me to get Tyrande's Favourite Doll, and 4 months to get the Alchemist mount recipe. But I do have news for you all - it's optional. It's not required. You don't have to do it. If you choose to do it, you should lose all entitlement to QQ on forums like little bitches.

It's also easy money, some of those greys are worth 200 gold. We all like gold, don't we?

PS I got my Professor title way back in March. Nothing to it.
    ^^^ 100% agree, although I have not felt like going back to archaeology for months, I have gotten mostly everything I wanted, except the Bug mount and a couple of Swords. But I will admit, getting tons of nelf digsites is uber annoying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    AKA I've got my shit, I don't give a fuck.
    Well I spent my time actually digging instead of complaining. One or two things I still don't have, but I'm sure if they add more new items in 4.3 for arch, I'll chase them and the old stuff down at the same time

Make every item from Archaeology usable in X-mogrification.

Sexy Silk Dress? Red version of the AQ dress.
    Golden Chamber Pot? Fist weapon.

Well I spent my time actually digging instead of complaining.
    Oh gosh, such a revelation! All this time I could've spent digging up used night elf tissues from all over the effing continent! Why didn't I think of it sooner?!

No, it's ridiculous. Supposedly the spawns were changed so those races you've completed everything for show up less? My arse do they, Blizzard. By now I think I've unearthed the remains of half the Night Elves who've ever lived!

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Oh gosh, such a revelation! All this time I could've spent digging up used night elf tissues from all over the effing continent! Why didn't I think of it sooner?!

No, it's ridiculous. Supposedly the spawns were changed so those races you've completed everything for show up less? My arse do they, Blizzard. By now I think I've unearthed the remains of half the Night Elves who've ever lived!
    Optional option is too hard.

Please give me a bandaid, Blizzard, because I'm a whiny little bitch.

Increasing the number of sites is simply not practical for those such as tol'vir which are limited by not only continent, but to the zone.
    You ask for better lore, but your idea would screw it over should you need to extend tol'vir sites outside Uldum.

Adding yet more artifacts to grind out does nothing but make it even worse. Just adding to the very thing you are complaining about, the time investment requirements.

The gear items are not meant to be comparable to current raid gear, but being something viable to give to a fresh 85. Perhaps some sort of scaling but not upto current raid tier. Perhaps 1 or 2 tiers behind whatever the current tier is so at least come an expansion they will remain useful.

It is an entirely optional profession and adding a stats boost to it would change that entirely and make it something to be expected, and demanded from people.

Questlines maybe, but certainly Daily Quests would not be unrealistic. Perhaps awarding keystones, or some sort of trade-in of one races fragments for another.

The cooldowns on most novelty items are just fine, because they are just that - Novelty. They will cease to be interesting when you see someone turning into a naga every 10 minutes.

Vendor Values are too variable yes I will agree with, and due to the travel requirements then increasing them at least on the lower items would not offer some excessive benefit to lower level characters.

Rares should remain relatively rare, but have some sort of sense of progress.
    The current system particularly for the 85 epics is just too random.
    It should be a steadily ramping up chance of getting them as you complete artifacts instead of being a fixed low number.

Blizzard did state in a blue post they would like to take a look at the travel requirements, and perhaps add a better means of transportation between sites.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-10-04 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    Optional option is too hard.

Please give me a bandaid, Blizzard, because I'm a whiny little bitch.
    I see what you're saying and I'm taking your advice on board, but I have spent far too long unearthing nothing but sandcastles and broken elf booze bottles to really listen to those already blessed by the RNG gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    You are not a special snowflake. lol at 'hardcore archaeologists'
    Its true though. Its designed as a timesink, and anyone invest enough time and effort into it should be rewarded with unique rewards. Period. Dont make it any easier, WoWs been a pretty accessible game for a while.

To improve arch they should remove it from the game, give a feat of strength and pretend it was all a terrible dream.

Just had about three Tol'vir digsites. Yay me! What fantastic prizes did I get?!

Engraved Scimitar Hilt
    Cat Statue with Emerald Eyes

And the next project? Cat Statue with Emerald Eyes

I've gotten everything I wanted from Archy and I still think it should be made faster or at least more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Moistmuffins View Post
    Hey Mr. Snowflake, I have 258 Tol'vir solves with 1 rare.

You're like an elitist raider, but with Archaeology...
    hahaha, omg this! Ruin the work you put in? PLEASE! Having done 1200 troll solves POST maxing arch and still never seeing that damn sword, I can honestly say that Arch as a time sink need improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Its true though. Its designed as a timesink, and anyone invest enough time and effort into it should be rewarded with unique rewards. Period. Dont make it any easier, WoWs been a pretty accessible game for a while.

'Time' and 'Effort' for RNG.

Rethink your sentence. Yes, you should be rewarded for time and effort, but Archaeology has none of that. It's pure RNG
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by turboblake View Post
    hahaha, omg this! Ruin the work you put in? PLEASE! Having done 1200 troll solves POST maxing arch and still never seeing that damn sword, I can honestly say that Arch as a time sink need improvement.
    How can it need an improvement as a "time sink".
    Actually judging from those numbers it is doing its job as a time sink very well.

Deleted
    NO! Dont touch the arch profession its fine as it is!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    What? Got too many of a useless dig site that's giving you heaps of junk fragments? How about installing a kind of 'black market' or something that lets you trade them at a rate of 2:1 for less common races (Dwarf, Troll, Nelf etc) and 3:1 for harder to find ones (like catmen). That basically leaves the profession wholly intact and working as intended but lets people that get lots and lots of useless races change it for something they need (albeit slowly and painfully but better than nothing).
    Paladin Bash has spoken.