Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    For 4.3, it has been stated that old pvp set will return. Gonna get relentless fist weapons asap!!!
    Oh, I must have missed that somewhere. do you have a link perhaps? it would be awesome.

Why do so few people use daggers in their offhand? Newsflash, You -CAN'T- Mog daggers into anything else but DAGGERS. Rogues Are just using daggers, unless you somehow managed to raid or pvp with 2 slow weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Oh, I must have missed that somewhere. do you have a link perhaps? it would be awesome.
    Don't have it at the moment, but check blue posts, it's somewhere there

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Why do so few people use daggers in their offhand? Newsflash, You -CAN'T- Mog daggers into anything else but DAGGERS. Rogues Are just using daggers, unless you somehow managed to raid or pvp with 2 slow weapons.
    Newsflash - even if i cannot raid with that gear, this doesn't mean that i cannot gather it and make a fun/stylish set. Tbh, i doubt i will transmog set gear, only if it sucks really bad.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Because it looks cooler in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I don't think my choice of weapons will matter very much until 5.0.

Everyone in this thread,except a few. Seem to be using the same items for their mogging. Imo yall should be creative instead of using all the typical tier sets(Bloodfang,Slayer, death mantle, t10)

Quote Originally Posted by Keorics View Post
    Everyone in this thread,except a few. Seem to be using the same items for their mogging. Imo yall should be creative instead of using all the typical tier sets(Bloodfang,Slayer, death mantle, t10)
    The amount of combinations that look nice together is far smaller than the amount of rogues that play the game. Unless you're just miss-matching pieces together for the purpose of being unique, someones probably already come up with something very approximate to whatever snowflake outfit you want to put together.

A lot of people, also, are specifically *remixing* recognizable sets. That's the goal of some of the sets I've thrown up. Both of the last two I've posted immediately read as "hey those look like t6 shoulders', but neither are made with any actual pieces of t6.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
    The amount of combinations that look nice together is far smaller than the amount of rogues that play the game. Unless you're just miss-matching pieces together for the purpose of being unique, someones probably already come up with something very approximate to whatever snowflake outfit you want to put together.

A lot of people, also, are specifically *remixing* recognizable sets. That's the goal of some of the sets I've thrown up. Both of the last two I've posted immediately read as "hey those look like t6 shoulders', but neither are made with any actual pieces of t6.
    Out of all the items in the game, i guarantee you that you can make more combinations then the amount of rogues in the game. And nah, people don't have the outfit i'm using, because i'm just awesome ^___^ But mostly people are all using the same weapons.(Shard of Azzinoth, alagons daggers, ect) I've seen way too many shards in this thread. Try to be unique.

Out of all the items in the game, i guarantee you that you can make more combinations then the amount of rogues in the game. And nah, people don't have the outfit i'm using, because i'm just awesome ^___^ But mostly people are all using the same weapons.(Shard of Azzinoth, alagons daggers, ect) I've seen way too many shards in this thread. Try to be unique.
    Emphasis on 'that look nice together', darling.
    The majority of pieces only look good with a certain set of other pieces, either their matching sets, or something of a similar or complimentary color scheme. See...every post of mine since none have contained any actual full sets. Yes, you can put a near-infinite combination of items together, but unless you are color-blind (and even then since broken lines and loss of continuity is really, really obvious with some pieces) they're usually going to not look that great as combinations.

Also judging by your avatar which is I assume your transmog set, then I should just point out to you that you're already copying a lot of one of my sets by accident. See what I mean? You're never going to be as unique as you think with transmog. People have different preferences, but peoples preferences tend to be pretty near to each other for the most part.

Personally I still prefer remix sets for that very reason. I already know there's always going to be someone that recognizes or has seen at least part of my outfit just the same as I know that irl. So instead I focus on mixing it up more so that when you see the sets its more of "Huh that looks like bloodfang but...not. Neat." or "Huh that looks like t6, but it's blue and she's not wearing any pants". Some of the combinations you see often are seen for a reason. The Nightslayer chestpiece + the opportunists legs pop up a lot together because the two were very obviously built off of the same armor blank, and the lines match up as a result. The lines actually match *better* than the lines between the chest and the actual nightslayer pants do.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2011-10-07 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    T12 shoulders & hands
    T6 chest, belt and legs
    Cursed vision of Sargeras (Illidan)
    Boots of the Neverending Path (exalted rep with Argent Crusade)
    Shards of Azzinoth x2 (Illidan)
    Tabards (horde) Hellscreams reach tabard or Tabard of Conquest

Tier 6 for me

I have finally found my two daggers for transmorg

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34604/jaded-crystal-dagger
    Main-hand

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18816/perditions-blade
    Off-Hand

Or, the other way around.
    I liked the element of one being fire, the other being Ice I know the main hand is a casters weapon, but I would just love to kill someone with it!!

The majority of pieces only look good with a certain set of other pieces, either their matching sets, or something of a similar or complimentary color scheme. See...every post of mine since none have contained any actual full sets. Yes, you can put a near-infinite combination of items together, but unless you are color-blind (and even then since broken lines and loss of continuity is really, really obvious with some pieces) they're usually going to not look that great as combinations.

Also judging by your avatar which is I assume your transmog set, then I should just point out to you that you're already copying a lot of one of my sets by accident. See what I mean? You're never going to be as unique as you think with transmog. People have different preferences, but peoples preferences tend to be pretty near to each other for the most part.

Personally I still prefer remix sets for that very reason. I already know there's always going to be someone that recognizes or has seen at least part of my outfit just the same as I know that irl. So instead I focus on mixing it up more so that when you see the sets its more of "Huh that looks like bloodfang but...not. Neat." or "Huh that looks like t6, but it's blue and she's not wearing any pants". Some of the combinations you see often are seen for a reason. The Nightslayer chestpiece + the opportunists legs pop up a lot together because the two were very obviously built off of the same armor blank, and the lines match up as a result. The lines actually match than the lines between the chest and the actual nightslayer pants do.
    You must be female XD First of all, looking good is an opinion. So if not matching is what i think looks good, then by god that's what i think looks good. Second My avatar is not what i'm using, that is an old photo I just had, because i've joined today, i still have yet to decided on the items i'm going to use. I do happen to have nearly every tier in the game and every offset, But i can't quite figure out what i'm going to use(Because i like to seperate my self from others) Third, Matching is just something we humans create, it's not real. It's what our society has created, what we're conformed into thinking. :P

First of all looking good is just an opinion, if something that does not match, and i think it looks good. Then by god it looks good to me. Second that is not the set i'm going to be using I have yet to find my self something to use that will be different then all the other rogues on my server, and I can really stand out. Even though i own just about all the sets in the game for a rogue, every weapon a rogue could ask for, and offset pieces. I cannot decide.

Third matching is just something society has brought up over the years and we're conformed into thinking it's true. It's not real or anything, only by our societies rules it is.

First of all looking good is just an opinion, if something that does not match, and i think it looks good. Then by god it looks good to me. Second that is not the set i'm going to be using I have yet to find my self something to use that will be different then all the other rogues on my server, and I can really stand out. Even though i own just about all the sets in the game for a rogue, every weapon a rogue could ask for, and offset pieces. I cannot decide.

Third matching is just something society has brought up over the years and we're conformed into thinking it's true. It's not real or anything, only by our societies rules it is.

Aesthetics and color theory are more science than preference. Really wanna argue with a photographer on that? :P
    Most of what affects preferences what fall outside of the norm is more to do with how the appearance of something makes you feel; if a piece of gear makes you nostalgic, or its your favorite color, then yes you may not care as much that the overall appearance isn't as fluid. The reason the same sets occur so often, though, is because of fluidity in color and lines. People generally want their gear to look like it goes together, and it's pretty hard to make a set that passes that test without being mostly put together out of an already existing set.

If your goal is to have a *nice looking* set that isn't simply an older tier set, and you don't want to see anyone else with a set similar to it, then you're probably out of luck. Why is being 100% unique so important, anyway? No matter what people wear you're going to be less likely to run into someone wearing the same thing as you regardless unless you take one of the really obvious, really easily obtained sets that the average rogue alt will be able to farm easily.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2011-10-08 at 03:11 AM.

Aesthetics and color theory are more science than preference. Really wanna argue with a photographer on that? :P
    Most of what affects preferences what fall outside of the norm is more to do with how the appearance of something makes you feel; if a piece of gear makes you nostalgic, or its your favorite color, then yes you may not care as much that the overall appearance isn't as fluid. The reason the same sets occur so often, though, is because of fluidity in color and lines. People generally want their gear to look like it goes together, and it's pretty hard to make a set that passes that test without being mostly put together out of an already existing set.

If your goal is to have a *nice looking* set that isn't simply an older tier set, and you don't want to see anyone else with a set similar to it, then you're probably out of luck. Why is being 100% unique so important, anyway? No matter what people wear you're going to be less likely to run into someone wearing the same thing as you regardless unless you take one of the really obvious, really easily obtained sets that the average rogue alt will be able to farm easily.
    ahaha what's wrong with trying to be different? It's because i'm a WoW-Hipster, and i'm not arguing lol. I'm just tired of everyone on my server and everyone on this forum using the same specific weapons and armor. But not everyone however, some people on this forum have made some really nice sets out of unique pieces of gear, and i'm really siked to see these sets put into play.

ahaha what's wrong with trying to be different? It's because i'm a WoW-Hipster, and i'm not arguing lol. I'm just tired of everyone on my server and everyone on this forum using the same specific weapons and armor. But not everyone however, some people on this forum have made some really nice sets out of unique pieces of gear, and i'm really siked to see these sets put into play.
    Well, hello to wow from burning crusade to 4.2.
    Everybody used the same sets the whole time, except the fact that you ran around in a lot of not-matching off-pieces.

I guess a lot of people won't bother with transmog just because it's a hassle for them to transmog every upgrade they will get.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Well, hello to wow from burning crusade to 4.2.
    Everybody used the same sets the whole time, except the fact that you ran around in a lot of not-matching off-pieces.

I guess a lot of people won't bother with transmog just because it's a hassle for them to transmog every upgrade they will get.
    Nah, that's not true. I've been planning since vanilla. I have successfully separated my self from other players even to this day, by getting better gear than all the other rogues :] on my server atleast

Well, that was kind of a douchey answer, but whatever. If you need that.

Finally got the items I needed for my set...any ideas on how to improve it would be appreciated

Here are the swords to go with the set, although I know I won't be dual wielding swords, it looks cool in towns :P