Thread: feral dps stats

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

feral dps stats

Hey im gearing my druid as feral dps and im browsing sites and they all say diffrent things:P

1 site says i need Agli>hit to cap > expertise to cap > mastery>crit>haste

and the other says agli>mastery>crit >haste>expertise>hit

so i thought i ask you guys/gals on here what stats should i focus on and what not to go for

Any help would be great ty and advance

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is: It does not really matter for you.
    Get hit and expertise cap and reforge to stat that suites best to your style of playing.
    Reforging to any "theoretically best" stat will not give you even 500 dps increase. And most likely your rotation is far from perfect and reforging to mastery, for example, will be dps loss for you, because you don't have 92-95% of rip and rake uptime and you can't synchronize rake with tf properly.

365 gear+2t11 - reforge to mastery. 378gear+4t12 - reforge to haste.

Deleted
    You need hit cap. You dont need to have expertise cap. Gem and enchant agi, and reforge haste<
    <crit<mastery
    This if you do rotation correct.
    Last edited by mmocd208f79ea2; 2011-10-09 at 04:52 AM.

Unless something changed in 4.2, these people don't know what they're talking about - hit is a feral druid's worst stat, and their theoretical maximum comes with 0% hit. Because of the fact that we get 80% of our energy back on a miss, and we're not a GCD capped class, missing is basically just a slight delay in the next skill and doesn't hurt us very much at all. It makes your rotation more predictable, but if you can handle the rotation then hit is a low low low priority. Crit/Mastery if i'm not mistaken, been along time since i've had my feral dps - but I DO know hit is a terrible stat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as you yourself mentioned that you don't know if something changed in 4.2 how about you don't hand out advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Seeing as you yourself mentioned that you don't know if something changed in 4.2 how about you don't hand out advice?
    Actually he is 100% right. Also the two people above really have no clue what there talking about. You're engaging into a conversation that is going to lead to a argument so please just help the OP instead.

----Back on Topic-----

Agility > Mastery > Haste => Crit => Expertise Rating => Hit Rating

-Agility is the most effective stat. It increases both attack power and crit.
    -Mastery increases DoT damage by directly affecting bleed damage. This is now the most effective secondary stat.
    -Haste increases attack speed and energy regeneration. Haste is usually more effective than Crit, but in some gear situations Crit can be better.
    -Crit increases the critical strike chance of your abilities and bleed ticks.
    -Expertise Cap (26) reduces the chance for your abilities to get dodged and parried, up until 26, at which point your abilities will no longer be dodged from behind. Expertise, like Hit Rating, is generally not as effective as the main secondary stats (Mastery/Haste/Crit). Expertise becomes more effective in encounters where you can't be behind the target.
    -Hit Rating reduces the chance for your special abilities to miss up until 8%. Hit Rating & the cap are considered slightly weak because even if an ability misses, 80% of the used energy will be refunded.

Got this straight off of http://www.noxxic.com/druid/feral/dp...priority#stats great site if your trying out a new spec or just need a bit of help in general (not advertising just giving props when props is needed)

15+ Year Old Account
    I've checked out that noxxic site and it's crap. If people go there for advice on how to play they're going to end up bad.
    Just stating things like "mastery is the best secondary stat" removes any credibility because it's not that clear cut.

Edit:
    I also had a look at their contributors page to see who the players who write these articles are. Both the players
    listed as having contributed to non-bear feral have 0 firelands experience. Take advice from them, sounds AWESOME.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-10-08 at 08:23 AM.

I've checked out that noxxic site and it's crap. If people go there for advice on how to play they're going to end up bad.
    Just stating things like "mastery is the best secondary stat" removes any credibility because it's not that clear cut.
    Noxxic is a better site then what your doing. You randomly go on a thread and attack someone for simply trying to help when other people are giving false information. The site certainly is not the best site, but its not crap. I didn't recommend it for end game help but for the basics its going to get the job done. Seeing as you are on this thread, i assume you have a feral druid. Meaning you didn't even know how to respond to the Ops question so you decided to "troll". Least your having fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read my edit

If people want good advice they either listen to the good players here or they look at places such as thefluiddruid,
    not some shit written by people who aren't doing any raiding worth mentioning.

The site overall may not be crap but both the cat and bear articles are full of misinformation.

Read my edit

If people want good advice they either listen to the good players here or they look at places such as thefluiddruid,
    not some shit written by people who aren't doing any raiding worth mentioning.

The site overall may not be crap but both the cat and bear articles are full of misinformation.
    What does raiding experience have to do with understanding and knowing your class? A perfect example is people saying swifty is bad because he doesn't have Gladiator. So do you think its fair to say not to take PvP advice from him because he doesn't have Glad? Saying that makes you seem obnoxious. (Not trying attack you personally)

15+ Year Old Account
    The people who've written the article aren't active players. Players who don't raid 4.2 can't write guides for 4.2 raiding.
    The analogy with swifty is faulty mostly because swifty plays arenas and would be giving advice about arenas.
    These guys don't raid and are handing out advice about raiding.

Besides, I wouldn't take PvP advice from swifty anyway when I could just ask one of my infinitely better friends.
    People should take their advice from the best sources available. Noxxic is a bad source and noone should go there
    to learn.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-10-08 at 08:39 AM.

What are you talking about? Its not a guide for 4.2 raiding its a guide for specs/builds/glyphs/rotations...You seriously have no clue what your talking about...Please just stop trying to make a valid point my cheeks are going to hurt if you keep making me "Wtf Face"..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a better argument than you might think, as Swifty really isn't doing well and part of his macros lead to worse play by those slavishly following him. However, that's for another thread.

Much as you might not like it, Lohe is correct. Blatantly stating falsehoods is not helping new players. Yes, odds are that Mastery is the best stat for the OP as he is gearing his druid, but that's far from set in stone. Similarly, (s)he's entirely correct in calling out someone that even admits to not having kept up to do date with the changes in 4.2.

The easiest answer however, is to check the Stickies. Mihir's cat guide is very extensive and covers stat values in decent detail. So far Fiana got closest in that, really, the difference is so small that for most ferals it's best to simply cap Exp / Hit for a more fluid rotation and the rest of the reforges matter very little. Eventually Haste will be the best stat, but the difference between the other stats is so small that realistically, your play as Feral will have a larger impact.

15+ Year Old Account
    "While Noxxic.com is intended for PvE Raiders, the basic principles found in this guide can still be applied for leveling up and some aspects of PvP."

Right off the introduction page. It's a guide intended for raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    That's actually a better argument than you might think, as Swifty really isn't doing well and part of his macros lead to worse play by those slavishly following him. However, that's for another thread.

Much as you might not like it, Lohe is correct. Blatantly stating falsehoods is not helping new players. Yes, odds are that Mastery is the best stat for the OP as he is gearing his druid, but that's far from set in stone. Similarly, (s)he's entirely correct in calling out someone that even admits to not having kept up to do date with the changes in 4.2.

The easiest answer however, is to check the Stickies. Mihir's cat guide is very extensive and covers stat values in decent detail. So far Fiana got closest in that, really, the difference is so small that for most ferals it's best to simply cap Exp / Hit for a more fluid rotation and the rest of the reforges matter very little. Eventually Haste will be the best stat, but the difference between the other stats is so small that realistically, your play as Feral will have a larger impact.
    Did you just say that someone recommending hit cap to a feral druid is correct? You must be playing a mage or something.

In patch and without 2t11, all stats are pretty close. The reason some look at expertise (no, hit is never above expertise) then hit, as the best stats is because of the AOE in encounters.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2011-10-08 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Did you just say that someone recommending hit cap to a feral druid is correct? You must be playing a mage or something.
    Given a good enough level of gear, hit and expertise are a cat's best secondary stats. Why?
    4T12, the bonus along with enough haste makes us almost GCD-capped during Berserk. When you pre-pot and have a warrior using Shattering Throw, every second of Berserk counts. 4T12 consists in weaving in as many finishers to get the longest berserk possible. It is substantiated by Mew, our currently most accurate simulator. Hit and expertise are also our best stats when aoe'ing.
    Back to the original post:
    - Your gear has 2T11 bonus: max agility > max mastery > crit = hit = exp (4-5% recommended hit&exp deficit) > min haste
    Haste's usefulness here depends on the encounters: how good is your uptime?
    You don't want zero hit/exp because chain missing/getting chain dodged can ruin your dps if it happens at the wrong time. Getting soft exp-capped (26) can be useful for very specific encounters where you dps from the front (Al'akir, Ragnaros)
    - 4T12 gear (up to average ilvl382): max agility > hit = exp = haste (0-2% recommended hit&exp deficit) > crit > min mastery
    - 4T12 gear (upwards of ilvl382): max agility > hit-capped = exp-capped > max haste > crit > min mastery
    Last edited by mmoc991d8dbf12; 2011-10-08 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    unless simcraft is broken for ferals you should go use that...

15+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft isn't broken but Mew is the community accepted tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Rather than throwing insults, it'd be better if you kept up to date with current knowledge / the game. However, to slake your curiosity, I've been raiding as Feral since Vanilla and my mage hasn't gone past lvl 80 as it's my bank alt.