Poll: Is WoW just old?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you believe WoW is just old?

I think saying WoW is old is the ultimate condemnation. You don't come back from old..

I personally don't think WoW just is old. I think development stopped innovating, and made some bad choices. This is why I am so critical of the state of the game. I believe things can be done to breath life back into Azeroth. Things like 40 world bosses throughout the world. Slowing the fast forward to the end mentality. Making the world dangerous, just to name a few.

What do you think? Is WoW just old?

edit - I think I should have made the "just" bold. and added a just in the first sentence...
    Last edited by bcbully; 2011-11-22 at 02:31 AM.

Absolutely, but in the past they've always kept it fresh with new features on top of the usual reshuffling of old ones every expansion. Unfortunately all we got with Cataclysm for the most part was a reshuffling of what we'd always had before with relatively few new features. It's taken till 4.3 for them to implement the more exciting things, and it looks like they've gotten the message when it comes to Pandaria.

It might've just been a necessary innovation drought while they brought the old world up to standard, but it at least looks like things are getting back on track in the future. ^^

Of course it is old. 7 years is a long time as far as games are concerned.

Didn't they already say they're bringing back world bosses in Mists of Pandaria?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, WoW is old.

No, that doesn't mean it's dying.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Didn't they already say they're bringing back world bosses in Mists of Pandaria?
    To what degree? They have said a lot of things over the past year...

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I think saying WoW is old is the ultimate condemnation. You don't come back from old..

I personally don't think WoW is old. I think development stopped innovating, and made some bad choices. This is why I am so critical of the state of the game. I believe things can be done to breath life back into Azeroth. Things like 40 world bosses throughout the world. Slowing the fast forward to the end mentality. Making the world dangerous, just to name a few.

no diablo 2and 1 and sc1 are old and yet ppl still play them , its not a condemnation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    To what degree? They have said a lot of things over the past year...
    They said there will be world bosses in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Yes, WoW is old.

No, that doesn't mean it's dying.
    This not a WoW is dying thread. Please take that elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    no diablo 2and 1 and sc1 are old and yet ppl still play them , its not a condemnation
    Heck, Everquest is old and it just had its 18th expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They said there will be world bosses in MoP.
    A yes I know.. There are world bosses in Cata too..

This not a WoW is dying thread. Please take that elsewhere.
    it is , considering your wording and you past posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted

I personally don't think WoW is old. I think development stopped innovating, and made some bad choices. This is why I am so critical of the state of the game. I believe things can be done to breath life back into Azeroth. Things like 40 world bosses throughout the world. Slowing the fast forward to the end mentality. Making the world dangerous, just to name a few.

i agree lack of new innovative things, had the same problem with a lot of games recently. not sure what else they can do to bring it back and such.

Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    it is , considering your wording and you past posts
    I have never said WoW is dying. Please give your opinion and stay on topic.

Deleted
    As the old saying goes: "Old but Gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It's taken till 4.3 for them to implement the more exciting things, and it looks like they've gotten the message when it comes to Pandaria.
    What does this mean?

I wouldn't say that it is old. It has been around a long time, but it is still way ahead of the MMO pack in terms of innovation, population, and mechanics. Even looking at just the visuals, it is competitive with the newcomers because it is so brilliantly stylized.

It the literal sense, it is old.

But for general gaming, it's not old. Neither is Mario Bros. It's just all the nerfs and patches of WoW lowered it's quality in Cataclysm, making people quit.

Then the fans who don't understand how someone could possibly quit in such a lovely expansion speak for those who quit, saying "Oh the game must be old, that's why everyone quit (at the same time). It's not the expansion because this is the best one evah!".... "hey why is my realm empty?"
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-22 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So what is it you are saying then?

OT: Yes it's old but it really means nothing.
    geez dude read the original post.

tl;dr WoW is not old.

10+ Year Old Account
    The graphics are dated and the way of adding content is starting to show it's age as well, unfortunate for some, this is the age of casuals. People don't have the time, or want to spend their time, wiping day after day on super hard bosses with 39 other people.

Now the good part of that is, the graphics, while old, are styalized in a way that fits the setting. It can still have beautiful scenery and epic warfronts while keeping the more cartoonized look. If wow had the graphics as say, skyrim, it would look better of course, but I think the game can survive without doing something like that.
    As for the content, I think mists of pandaria is going to add a ton of new stuff to do that isnt a huge time sink, like the scenarios. The raid finder also helps give a more casual feel to raiding, which basicly says to new players "Hey, if you don't have time to become super amazing, you can still do the content and have a social life."