Thread: We have only..

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

We have only..

18 days left (less if you preordered)! I played the last weekends beta and was hooked from the intro cinematic. I just don't understand people who have said this game sucks. Maybe its because its a Sci-FI rather than High Fanatasy? How can people say "oh its WoW, just with lightsabers". Are you kidding me? I've quit WoW months ago to play more into RIFT. Although I would love to continue paying Trion for a job well done with frequent, quality updates, I believe I will have to devote myself to SWTOR alone.

I found this video off of youtube about the top 10 reasons to play SWTOR. I invite everyone to watch the video through, I agree with all the points made. The only issue with the video is, it is quite clear that some of the footage is from previous beta sessions because the graphics are a major downgrade from what i experienced this past weekend. This is a great video, especially if youre on the fence about trying it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-s3nfDcoMw

Quote Originally Posted by Diemos View Post
    18 days left (less if you preordered)! I played the last weekends beta and was hooked from the intro cinematic. I just don't understand people who have said this game sucks. Maybe its because its a Sci-FI rather than High Fanatasy? How can people say "oh its WoW, just with lightsabers". Are you kidding me? I've quit WoW months ago to play more into RIFT. Although I would love to continue paying Trion for a job well done with frequent, quality updates, I believe I will have to devote myself to SWTOR alone.

I found this video off of youtube about the top 10 reasons to play SWTOR. I invite everyone to watch the video through, I agree with all the points made. The only issue with the video is, it is quite clear that some of the footage is from previous beta sessions because the graphics are a major downgrade from what i experienced this past weekend. This is a great video, especially if youre on the fence about trying it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-s3nfDcoMw
    Cata focused on revamping the leveling process. They did a good job. The game still feels empty at endgame due to the lack of dev time put on it. Guess what ? SWTOR focused on the leveling process too... I'll leave you at that.

I dont think i posted a WoW vs SWTOR post, did I? Did you even watch the video. Ok thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Cata focused on revamping the leveling process. They did a good job. The game still feels empty at endgame due to the lack of dev time put on it. Guess what ? SWTOR focused on the leveling process too... I'll leave you at that.
    Have you actually seen the endgame of SWToR? If not, then how could you possibly have an opinion on it? Are you clairvoyant?
    Last edited by GallowsZA; 2011-12-01 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

I just don't understand people who have said this game sucks. Maybe its because its a Sci-FI rather than High Fanatasy?
    Sci-Fi has always seemed the less popular of the two.

How can people say "oh its WoW, just with lightsabers". Are you kidding me?
    The combat mechanics are quite similar (targeting, ability bars, global cooldown). There's still questing, levelling, dungeons, raiding.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    People that say the games sucks

1/ They actually are looking forward to the game but just fancy being awkward
    2/ They Played the Beta and loved the game but still Fancy being awkward.

Then there's people saying the endgame might not hold its own, No one know this as no one has played it that far yet..

So BIoware only made 50% of the game any good, and the other 50% which mainly focus on endgame they just couldn't be bothered, If so then the we play a few months of an amazing gamethen get to the part where Bioware could be bother and stop playing..Still had a great time getting there, But i Cant see why they would put little effort in the end game, knowing that people would just stop paying them and all their hard work over the past few years would have been pointless, My guessing the game will only get better as we play it and endgame will be amazing..
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-12-01 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Sci-Fi has always seemed the less popular of the two.

The combat mechanics are quite similar (targeting, ability bars, global cooldown). There's still questing, levelling, dungeons, raiding.
    Typical format for a themepark MMO, is it not? I get what you're saying, but SWTOR has other things and changes existing formats besides what you listed, and thats why I cant understand people saying its WoW with lightsabers.

Is anyone even watching this video? It seems you are not.

How can people say "oh its WoW, just with lightsabers". Are you kidding me?
    1. Power Surge: Removes cast-time from one ability (i.e. nature's swiftness)
    2. Cure: Instant, Removes debuffs (can be talented to provide direct heal, too like a resto shaman.)
    3. Kolto Shell: Shield, 10 charges, heals target when taking damage (i.e. earth shield)

These are a few examples taken from just the comparison of healers by detectivekr. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-the-Healers)

This is why people say its Wow, just with lightsabers. I have heard several first impressions that say it feels and plays like Wow.
    Just because you don't think its wow in space doesn't mean your right and vice versa.
    Hell, wow in space could be a good thing who knows.

Personally for me, the combat killed it. It's so uneven and doesn't look fluent at all. But hey that's my opinion.

I have not been excited over a video game launch like this since.....well, Star Wars Galaxies.

You are comparing an expansion to an actual release of a game. There really is no comparison there. While most games are known to begin at the max level, Star Wars begins at level 1. As for end game raiding, many have seen the first boss of The Eternity Vault, and I saw one yesterday of the second boss, and it looks like a fun and unique fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is EQ with cartoonish graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    2. Cure: Instant, Removes debuffs (can be talented to provide direct heal, too like a resto shaman.)
    3. Kolto Shell: Shield, 10 charges, heals target when taking damage (i.e. earth shield)

These are a few examples taken from just the comparison of healers by detectivekr. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-the-Healers)

This is why people say its Wow, just with lightsabers. I have heard several first impressions that say it feels and plays like Wow.
    Just because you don't think its wow in space doesn't mean your right and vice versa.

Personally for me, the combat killed it. It's so uneven and doesn't look fluent at all. But hey that's my opinion.
    I counter you with "WoW is just Everquest on Azeroth".

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post

Fair enough. The combat being uneven and doesnt look fluent? Watch videos or play in a beta? I played a SI and Bounty Hunter, buddy played a IA and the combat was very well done and a blast.

Deleted
    I've seen some (and by some I mean a lot) of silly arguments to bash this game, but that one, sir, is a new one.

Congratulations, at least you're original at nay-saying, and didn't go with the whole "It's WoW in space/Combat is clunky e.t.c" cliché.

Deleted
    the combat is clunky when you arent doing it right. Learn to play and flows beautifully.

Deleted
    I can see a locked thread incoming, its such as shame the wow fanboys had to move in and troll a non-vs thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    the combat is clunky when you arent doing it right. Learn to play and flows beautifully.
    Honestly it felt so natural to me, I don't get why it's so difficult for some people. Maybe they're the ones expecting it to be exactly like WoW's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Honestly it felt so natural to me, I don't get why it's so difficult for some people. Maybe they're the ones expecting it to be exactly like WoW's.
    yeah I had no problems myself, it felt great to me. there were the occasional times where I was standing by an enemy trying to stare it to death, but it was because I was pressing the wrong button

It is exactly like WoWs. How isn't it?

That is not a bad thing in my eyes though. The only thing I didn't like from Beta weekend was jumping :P It just kinda looked off

/rollsfaceacrosskeyboard
    /nerdrage
    WHY DOES THIS GAME SUCK?!?!

^^Like that??^^
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?