Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they should get bans for at least one month so no world firsts etc haha those morons from top guilds
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    This could have all been avoided if LFR was a once a week lockout, like all other raids.

Having the ability to farm it is ridiculous. It's a raid, not a dungeon.

LFR should just be another stab at getting a certain piece of loot a week, even if it is a lower item level.

i see many arguments of how because every1 could do it it was not cheating. i see many arguments of because x guild did it y guild HAD to do it. what a sorry way to see the world. so if every1 could kill a person we should do it?? if every1 could steal every1 should steal???? think better folks.

get over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

I could see the average joe making a mistake and doing the exploit..but top tier world first competitive guilds should have known better...also I thought highly of Vodka...i'm sad now

So... Its not skills that are getting ppl world firsts - Its cheating. It has been like that for more than a year. Top guilds have been exploiding all sorts of loopholes - including running their own private servers to train ppl up. And this is the ppl that we should look up too ?

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Haten View Post
    I don't see why they should get the gear removed. If they were smart enough to find an exploit why not let them exploit it?
    If they were smart enough to exploit the system and steal millions of dollars from a bank why not let them exploit it?

Clearly you don't understand that it would give the people who are in control of the system a very bad reputation. They can't just say oh you found this exploit so use it at your own will or millions of people would say they found it first instead and then try to use it and you end up playing a game that feels like a horribly made F2P mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxolem View Post
    Then I must plead ignorance. What is tipping you off that the player used the exploit? The number of tier pieces? When they were looted? Also, to be clear, I'm not saying that some top guilds didn't use the exploit. I'd rather have strong evidence before I get angry. Also, Blizzard will have better tools to determine this than any of us will. The only question is what will be the punishment and will they make public who used it.

Also while I feel that your post is helpful, there are many posts where users are simply calling guilds out without any evidence. Even assuming you can 100% of the time identify exploiters, there are still people making arguments like this.
    Without going into bothersome details what they are basically doing is running LFR multiple times AND receiving loot from it. By looking at the timestamps of when they get loot and when they got the achievement for completing the LFR you can see a trend of players in many top guilds getting items from LFR not only over a couple of hours, but in fact over a couple of days.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wa%C3%AEt/feed

Earned the achievement Siege of Wyrmrest Temple for 10 points. - 3 days ago
    Obtained Signet of Grasping Mouths. - 1 day ago

The ring drops from the 4th boss and you get the achivement upon the first time you kill the 4th boss. While I agree we should be careful with pointing fingers, I do not think it would be unlikly to assume that something is amiss when if this were to happen legally he would have to have waited 48 hours to loot said boss after killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I could see the average joe making a mistake and doing the exploit..but top tier world first competitive guilds should have known better...also I thought highly of Vodka...i'm sad now
    Why are you sad now? They didn't exploit like some of the other guilds. They were very smart and did several raid with only a few core members per raid getting all the loot. It's brilliant.

And to be clear: They only looted a boss one time each. That's not exploiting.

So, Blizzard was not entirely thorough with their loot system's rules and an intelligent group of people used Blizzard's oversight to do what every other guild was going to do in order compete for world first kills? Apparently people don't realize how competitive the world first race truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Galashin View Post
    If one of my students brings unauthorized materials to an exam, and I notice and remove them before the student can make use of the advantage, I don't give them a zero. That would be obnoxious. I do watch them more closely in the future, of course, and make sure I don't allow any opportunities to cheat.

So why, exactly, are people out for blood here? Blizz should remove the gear--all of it, even, so they're a bit worse off than had they just done one run--and we can all move on with our lives. They haven't gained any advantage from it; if they had, some temp bans would make more sense. Seems to me that Blizz needs to stop going overboard when they made a mistake. Of course, a big part of the reason Blizz is out for blood is to satiate the masses' desire for "justice."

Edit
    Let's be very clear: if a student successfully makes use of unauthorized materials, I throw the book at them. But part of my job is to accept that they may be tempted, and ensure that I save them from themselves before book throwing becomes necessary. That's what happened here--Blizz caught it and can fix it before any advantage is actually gained.
    I hear you but I think this world needs a healthier dose of realization that when temptation becomes intent, and intent is carried THAT far (such as your student with a cheatsheat, or a mugger beginning to brandish a knife) then they deserve the penalty for committing the action. That is just as much being caught "red handed."

There is no way they will risk banning so many top guilds, with new games round the corner and people leaving the game, it would be suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    But you are still admitting to using LFR in a way it was not meant to be used. You stacked the deck for the raid group to ensure that the main raiders would be able to get full tier sets. Yes, it is smart but it is not really honest and it is really quite a shame to know that it was done. It is a loop hole that was exploited on your parts.
    All they did was pass gear to someone who legitimately could get it. It is honest, and it's not a shame - it uses the system exactly as it's intended. There is no loophole. If we had more people capable of doing 10 or even 25 DS, we would damn well run it with majority alts and pass all upgrades to the main raid team members. We do the opposite now with Mains in FL - passing gear to alts....how is that different? How is that different than running with a friend and passing on a trinket you could both use in a 5-man?

ya ben these exploliting besterds

Quote Originally Posted by Donalduckadin View Post
    So, Blizzard was not entirely thorough with their loot system's rules and an intelligent group of people used Blizzard's oversight to do what every other guild was going to do in order compete for world first kills? Apparently people don't realize how competitive the world first race truly is.
    They abused and exploited a bug. This is against the EULA - very clearly against the EULA to use a bug for personal gain. There is little to argue about on this point. Even the exploiters know and freely admit they were exploiting. The fact that others were doing it means nothing in the EULA. And nothing really matters in the end except Blizzards decision. If they decide to do nothing, just take items away, or hand out suspensions and bans, they are entirely justified.

That said, there is no reason NOT to exploit if Blizzard will only *maybe* take items away.

So some months ago a clown claiming to be from Paragon whispered me threatening "account action" against me for me pointing out that Paragon (and by extension Dream Paragon) exploited as readily as Ensidia. Called me a crazy tin-foil theorist or some other jargon. Now I cant help but chuckle.

Lo and behold the proof people wanted. It is now shown in hard evidence through their acts in LFR.

I stand to my earlier statement that some devs did have alts in that guild (At the time of my prior statements), though I would not be suprised if they leave it now that the guild is revealed for the exploiting which it always has endorsed from the get go for anyone who really pays attention to such things. However, this is all assuming of course that the Devs do leave, by taking the path of professionalism.

My point is simply this. If Blizzard isnt willing to take away gear obtained via exploits from Paragon, the same way they took Ensidia's World First, then there is the evidenciary proof of Blizzard's favoritism for this so called "World First Guild" will show you the real scope of their achievements right there. If you cheat you should be punished accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
    They abused and exploited a bug. This is against the EULA - very clearly against the EULA to use a bug for personal gain. There is little to argue about on this point. Even the exploiters know and freely admit they were exploiting. The fact that others were doing it means nothing in the EULA. And nothing really matters in the end except Blizzards decision. If they decide to do nothing, just take items away, or hand out suspensions and bans, they are entirely justified.

That said, there is no reason NOT to exploit if Blizzard will only *maybe* take items away.

Exceptions however happen for a reason also, and as I said before.. ask yourselves why this is.
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2011-12-03 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    So... Its not skills that are getting ppl world firsts - Its cheating. It has been like that for more than a year. Top guilds have been exploiding all sorts of loopholes - including running their own private servers to train ppl up. And this is the ppl that we should look up too ?

What a joke.
    It's not a loophole though. The trick that other guilds were using, where players would pass on loot, disconnect, then reconnect and have the Raid Leader pass them loot was an exploit, because they could kill the boss again (minus that one raid leader) and get another chance at loot. Thus they were able to get 5/5 for every core raider just by running it many times.

What vodka did, running LFR with 3 mains and 22 alts, means those 3 mains would only have a chance at the loot once, thus it was not an exploit. The LFR rules are:

1) Each character gets one chance at loot per week
    2) Characters can run the raid multiple times if they choose

So once those 3 mains have killed each boss, that's it, no more chances at loot, they got what they got. I think in this case vodka (but not the guilds that did the other type of exploit) should be left alone. They didn't break the two rules I mentioned above in any way, and now the onus is on Blizzard to redesign the system if they don't feel those 2 rules are enough.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    But you are still admitting to using LFR in a way it was not meant to be used. You stacked the deck for the raid group to ensure that the main raiders would be able to get full tier sets. Yes, it is smart but it is not really honest and it is really quite a shame to know that it was done. It is a loop hole that was exploited on your parts.
    This makes no sense. How is it dishonest or "exploiting a loophole" to prioritize gear for main toons over alts?

Deleted
    the people defending these guilds are pathetic fanboys, they should all be banned imo, lets see some other guilds go for the world first instead of these elitist cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    So some months ago a clown claiming to be from Paragon whispered me threatening "account action" against me for me pointing out that Paragon (and by extension Dream Paragon) exploited as readily as Ensidia. Looks like the proof people wanted (and were so frothy at the mouth for me "you dare to bash Paragon?!"), is finally available through their acts in LFR.

Oh and I stand to my earlier statement that some devs did have alts in that guild (At the time of my prior statements), though I would not be suprised if they leave it now that the guild is revealed for the exploiting it always has endorsed from the get go. This is all assuming of course that they take the path of professionalism.

If Blizzard isnt willing to take away gear obtained via exploits from Paragon, the same way they took Ensidia's World First folks, then there is your proof of favortism right there. If you cheat you should be punished accordingly.
    There was never any proof of this was there.

Favoritism maybe other than that it doesn't prove anything.