Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of non force user melee class.

Echani battlemaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Some kind of non force user melee class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    If done right, support classes are AMAZING. Bard in FFXI when I played was the most vital part to every leveling group.
    They are rarely done right, thats the big problem with support class.

Deleted
    Reading the answer to this post made me want to say so many bad things.

First of all a bard ??? and an archer ?? Yeah maybe put races like Sandpeople and Jawas as playable race ??
    And you whole role play would be saying "YAAAAAAH" and "utiniiiii" respectively !! WTF ??

Anyway, i remember people telling me its so nice playing a sword dancer or whatever was it in Lineage 2 but by
    playing they meant setting up a group of bots in a place, leveling up that buffbot so they can use it to buff other.
    Such a fun play..

LASERSWORD ??? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NO COMMENT ON THAT) !!! (I do understand the funny notion of what you said :P but still) !!

Don't forget that we are talking about Starwars. Main content comes from the movies whether we like it or not. That is why the Sith
    need to look like Darth Vader (for example). We all remember Sidious saying that the techniques he used were perfected by Darth Plagues, his master.
    But here we see all Sith running around with Sith Alchemy gear and Cortosis Armors.

And lets not discuss Starwars Expanded universe please,(rant starting) cause there Laia has A FUCKING PINK LIGHTSABER and
    AWESOME SUPREME JEDI MASTER (although he is alone so he can get any title he can) LUKE SKYWALKER decides that the best
    place to build his new improved Jedi Temple is in the darkest shittiest planet, on top of ancient Massasi Ruins which by the
    way Luke means FREAKING DARK SIDE EVERYWHERE !!!!! Next try should be on Korriban.. Maybe picnics in the "VALLEY OF THE DARK LORDS" !!! (rant over)

The problem with different classes is that it would mean different races. For example Teräs Käsi and Echani, mean a total different upbringing..
    You don't just wake up one day and say "Hey i am going to be a Shaolin Monk today". The same way you cant be that just like that.
    It would be nice to have classes like that but that would mean alot more stuff in the game, not just couple more classes to choose in starting screen !

All in all, i believe that we should see the game first and then decide what it's missing

Empire Class

Force Fighter

Backstory: Imperial Law pretty much states that anyone who is force sensitive must train to be a Sith. However, sometimes people don't realize their force sensitivity until they are older or their force sensitivity isn't that great. Force Fighters come from one of two worlds: they are made to fight for entertainment purposes, or they are trained in hand to hand combat by the Empire.

Class Info: Force Fighters would mainly rely on hand to hand combat, equipping weapons but only using them for a select few attacks. They would have force powers, but they would be limited. Force Fighters would be able to fortify their strikes with the force, making their hits hit much harder than that of a normal person/alien/droid.

They would have Force as an energy source, similar to that of Inquisitors, however they would only have 50 Force, instead of 100, or more for Sorcs. They would also have a secondary resource bar, as they fight, and use their limited force power, they build up something called Backdraft. Once you have used say, 50 Force, you would be able to use a harder hitting ability, the amount of Force used for each Backdraft ability would/could vary, but anytime Backdraft was used, it would reset, and you would have to build up more Force.

Advanced Classes: At level 10 you could choose one of two advanced classes to progress in your training. Templar would grant you access to three talent trees, two for Damage Dealing, and one for Tanking. Templar's would focus more on strengthening their ties to the Force, and would get more Force oriented abilities, possibly even increased Force to 100. The other AC would be Conflictor. Conflictors would pride themselves on their roots, a pure bred Force Fighter. They would be much more melee centric, more physical abilities, rather than trying to rely on Force abilities like the Templar. Conflictors would have three talent trees all devoted to Damage Dealing.

Armor: Templars would get access to medium armor, Conflictors would wear light armor. Either AC would be able to use Vibroswords and Electrostaves.

Stats: Strength would be the primary stat for Force Fighters.

Ability Examples:

Combo - No Cost, No Cooldown - You unleash a combo of kicks and punches to the target.
    Force Combo - 10 Force, No Cooldown - You deliver a series of Force Punches to the target.
    DropForceKick - 20 Force, No Cooldown - You strike the target with backflip dropkick, dealing damage. Weak and Standard enemies are knocked down.
    Reckless Headbutt - 40 Backdraft, No Cooldown - You strike you target with a ferocious headbutt, dealing damage, and leaving them confused for 3 seconds.
    Assault Strike - 30 Backdraft, No Cooldown - You unsheath your weapon and strike the target twice.

These are obviously just some example abilities, but that's kind of how it would work. A Mirror class for the Republic could be some sort of Jedi Monk type class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I feel like they should add more races before classes, I really want to play a jedi Wookie or Jawa...

Wookies can be jedi btw, there is a character named Lowbacca, a jedi wookie.

Im not sure about Jawas, but Jawa bounty hunter is a race I want to play so bad.

Not to mention it would also be awesome to play as a hutt.
    Nope, ol' Lucas put his foot down on the Wookies being Jedi. He said there will be no more Wookie Jedi, ever. The ones that are already in the EU and TOR and whatnot are there, but that's it. And I for one am soooooo glad he said that >.> I was really not looking forward to fighting a rug with a lightsaber.

A TK would definitely be cool. I played a TK/BH in SWG, and had a blast.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    These are obviously just some example abilities, but that's kind of how it would work. A Mirror class for the Republic could be some sort of Jedi Monk type class.
    What is it with people and monks lately? Bare-fist fighting is cool, I'll give you that, but it's getting a little out of hand.

What is it with people and monks lately? Bare-fist fighting is cool, I'll give you that, but it's getting a little out of hand.
    It was the only thing I could think of quickly as a mirror class for the Republic side.

True pet class ... some droid engineer and full hybrid ... AC that can heal/tank/dps.

Deleted
    Republic Operative(spy) and Imperial Trooper/Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by roggles View Post
    some kind of non force user melee class.
    quick add a monk class!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    Sorry to say but lorewise that make no-sense and no need to create a new backstory when Masters of Tërä Kasi (Created prior to 3,678 BBY) and Echani Battlemasters (in both Kotor games) are already in the universe.

Noble anyone? A class that could specialize into a healer or DPS tree set. Their DPS specs get access to a wide array of useful buffs or debuffs (support class with self-viability). That should cure all wounds right there. The support junkies get their support class, the people who feel stiffed get the Bail/Leia type class, and imagine how interesting moving around the political world would be in this game. I know the rest of the classes do their archs in it, but this is the sort of class who could exist completely to work within different planetary governments. Your class story alone could redeem or condemn the entire galaxy I'd think.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

I feel like they should add more races before classes, I really want to play a jedi Wookie or Jawa...

Im not sure about Jawas, but Jawa bounty hunter is a race I want to play so bad.

The thing is tho my friend, George Lucas has put a ban on all wookie jedis been made in the EU.
    Quote "George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe.[11][12] Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction. Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka are the only existing Wookiee Jedi characters (though an unnamed Wookiee in Edge of Victory: Conquest appears to be an unknown Jedi student rather than Lowbacca), as they were developed before this policy was enacted." http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee scroll down to behind the scenes if u want to read it urself, and i fully support this otherwise everyone will make one in all their damn books

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing monks from Wow? Ha they were in way too many games to be a blizzard creation.

Empire Class

Force Fighter

Backstory: Imperial Law pretty much states that anyone who is force sensitive must train to be a Sith. However, sometimes people don't realize their force sensitivity until they are older or their force sensitivity isn't that great. Force Fighters come from one of two worlds: they are made to fight for entertainment purposes, or they are trained in hand to hand combat by the Empire.

Class Info: Force Fighters would mainly rely on hand to hand combat, equipping weapons but only using them for a select few attacks. They would have force powers, but they would be limited. Force Fighters would be able to fortify their strikes with the force, making their hits hit much harder than that of a normal person/alien/droid.

They would have Force as an energy source, similar to that of Inquisitors, however they would only have 50 Force, instead of 100, or more for Sorcs. They would also have a secondary resource bar, as they fight, and use their limited force power, they build up something called Backdraft. Once you have used say, 50 Force, you would be able to use a harder hitting ability, the amount of Force used for each Backdraft ability would/could vary, but anytime Backdraft was used, it would reset, and you would have to build up more Force.

Advanced Classes: At level 10 you could choose one of two advanced classes to progress in your training. Templar would grant you access to three talent trees, two for Damage Dealing, and one for Tanking. Templar's would focus more on strengthening their ties to the Force, and would get more Force oriented abilities, possibly even increased Force to 100. The other AC would be Conflictor. Conflictors would pride themselves on their roots, a pure bred Force Fighter. They would be much more melee centric, more physical abilities, rather than trying to rely on Force abilities like the Templar. Conflictors would have three talent trees all devoted to Damage Dealing.

Armor: Templars would get access to medium armor, Conflictors would wear light armor. Either AC would be able to use Vibroswords and Electrostaves.

Stats: Strength would be the primary stat for Force Fighters.

Ability Examples:

Combo - No Cost, No Cooldown - You unleash a combo of kicks and punches to the target.
    Force Combo - 10 Force, No Cooldown - You deliver a series of Force Punches to the target.
    DropForceKick - 20 Force, No Cooldown - You strike the target with backflip dropkick, dealing damage. Weak and Standard enemies are knocked down.
    Reckless Headbutt - 40 Backdraft, No Cooldown - You strike you target with a ferocious headbutt, dealing damage, and leaving them confused for 3 seconds.
    Assault Strike - 30 Backdraft, No Cooldown - You unsheath your weapon and strike the target twice.

Great idea for a class

I think a Assassination Droid class would be fun for both sides. Who wouldnt want to be their own HK-47? Story-line: a glitch gives u self awareness. Serve your masters (light side) or kill everything (dark side) ok bad example, but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    I think a Assassination Droid class would be fun for both sides. Who wouldnt want to be their own HK-47? Story-line: a glitch gives u self awareness. Serve your masters (light side) or kill everything (dark side) ok bad example, but you get the point.
    Ye I was going to say a droid class. Although dunno how that would work but it would be funny if your companion was actually your "master".
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

I love all the people that are pooping on other people's ideas.

I think a droid race would be great.

Jawa's as a playable race would be odd. Not much customizing available and armor would look odd or be nonexistent. I would probably still play one though.

Honestly I think a non humanoid race would be cooler than a new class but in the SW universe, like 85% of the aliens are humanoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I love all the people that are pooping on other people's ideas.

I think a droid race would be great.

Jawa's as a playable race would be odd. Not much customizing available and armor would look odd or be nonexistent. I would probably still play one though.

Honestly I think a non humanoid race would be cooler than a new class but in the SW universe, like 85% of the aliens are humanoid.
    I agree with that last part, but a playable droid would look... odd. Most of the armor types are made to fit on organic bodies- and a droid wearing armor? I mean, it feels like not much would change, and even if you could put on the armor, you'd still end up looking like a humanoid except for the exoskeleton under all of that armor.

Its great to be thinking of ideas, but I wanted this to stop after seeing 'monk class'. Please. Don't. Ruin. My. SWTOR. I've waited years for this, and its not even out of beta yet... lets enjoy what they have to offer before offering up new class ideas. I honestly think things are fine the way they are.

And if you continued to read bout Jedi Wookies youd find out that the 2 wookies that were jedi were the last wookies Lucas would allow to be jedi. And since he did create star wars he has the say on what can and cannot command the force.
    And where would gear factor come in for Hutts and Jawas....and Hutts and Jawas are gang leaders and well bums... they have no ties to the republic or empire.