Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Last And Final Wave of the Day!

so the fifth and final wave of the day was sent, congrats to those who got in :P

I'm surprised that many waves were sent, and they said they were not expecting to get to four or five in the first day on http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=4196

so we all might be in sooner than expected... :O

Im just wondering what the preorder code dates of the people that just got in were. Might give some of us a time frame if we didnt get in.

I think it's 27-28th July.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

The site just crashed with people raging. They are moving much to slow, and I'm at an utter lack to understand how it made sense to stop sending invites at 2pm cental.

I'm actually pretty annoyed, this makes no sense at all considering most of the people live streaming are complaining over the lack of population on the servers.

Also, with 105 servers even with an average population of 20,000 (the bigger servers on wow currently) you're looking at space for 2,100,000 players.

So something is going on here. I don't know what "plan" they have but I don't think it is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    I think it's 27-28th July.
    only 27th .. 28th+ will be tomorrow
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The site just crashed with people raging. They are moving much to slow, and I'm at an utter lack to understand how it made sense to stop sending invites at 2pm cental.

I'm actually pretty annoyed, this makes no sense at all considering most of the people live streaming are complaining over the lack of population on the servers.

Also, with 105 servers even with an average population of 20,000 (the bigger servers on wow currently) you're looking at space for 2,100,000 players.

So something is going on here. I don't know what "plan" they have but I don't think it is a good one.
    you have no clue how many invites were sent. you have no clue about any of the facts.

their implementation is fine. go outside for a bit, get some air...

There is going to be a crush of people logging in when people start getting home from work/school. I think they are playing it smart. It's 7 days before official release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    There is going to be a crush of people logging in when people start getting home from work/school. I think they are playing it smart. It's 7 days before official release.
    this right here is the key.

i wouldn't be surprised if only half the invited have actually logged in. check the server status page in about 5 hours. i bet all servers will say full.

Deleted
    I have never seen so much nerd raging in my life, the sw:tor offical threads for this are at 600 or so pages, 5 day EA is not a right and i can't understand why people are crying and raging at BW they are being careful about implenmenting it and are gradually going to scale up the wave sizes etc. Im already thinking the community will be far worse than wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I have never seen so much nerd raging in my life, the sw:tor offical threads for this are at 600 or so pages, 5 day EA is not a right and i can't understand why people are crying and raging at BW they are being careful about implenmenting it and are gradually going to scale up the wave sizes etc. Im already thinking the community will be far worse than wow.
    well, there is one good excuse for it.

the game is FREAKING awesome.

i'm expecting to get in on wave 5 on the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    It's going to be staggered across time zones. And the fact of the matter is they haven't even released past the first week of preorders from what I've seen yet.

People keep making the falicious argument that the servers are going to crash and burn with a reasonable number of people let in. Yet recent mmo's have all had smooth launches with out staggering. There is a gap in logic there that makes biowares decisions very hard to understand. If they want to stop a good portion of the complaining all they have to do is give numbers, yet they still won't do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be staggered across time zones. And the fact of the matter is they haven't even released past the first week of preorders from what I've seen yet.

People keep making the falicious argument that the servers are going to crash and burn with a reasonable number of people let in. Yet recent mmo's have all had smooth launches with out staggering. There is a gap in logic there that makes biowares decisions very hard to understand. If they want to stop a good portion of the complaining all they have to do is give numbers, yet they still won't do so.
    i'd wager that they have so many people that have bought the game, they aren't too worried about a few here or there nerdragequitting.

but really, not one person is actually going to quit the game over this. not one. sure people might say they are, but they are lying.

I redeemed 22 of Novermber so i wasn't expecting to get in today, nor am i expecting to get in tomorrow.

Thursday is the first day i will start refreshing my mail... but being realiztic i probably wont get in before friday.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    i'd wager that they have so many people that have bought the game, they aren't too worried about a few here or there nerdragequitting.

but really, not one person is actually going to quit the game over this. not one. sure people might say they are, but they are lying.
    Still doesn't address the lack of communication and logic going on with the current EA process.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I don't see the reason for the cutoff at 2pm either.

If it is some kind of marketing or hype machine type deal where they are hoping everyone will FB or Twit "OMG I got in!!1!" and get other people to buy the game it is backfiring. People on MMO-C have been waaaaaaay more civil on this issue than other sites and live feeds I've seen.

Still doesn't address the lack of communication and logic going on with the current EA process.
    Stephen reid was communicating with users all day by twitter.

Lack of logic maybe, but lack of communitcation?

I have never seen as much communication from the company launching the game as i have seen today from him.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't address the lack of common sense and logic going on with the people crying they can't get on before the actual release of the game.

Fixed that for you
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Stephen reid was communicating with users all day by twitter.

Lack of logic maybe, but lack of communitcation?

I have never seen as much communication from the company launching the game as i have seen today from him.
    I mean numbers of players who got in. What time frames people should expect. Comments that they are giving reasonable effort to get people in as quickly as possible. Instead what you get is a very small number of players getting in and then cutting off invites in the middle of the day. There is no logic and little communcation outside of "Wave X just went out!".

15+ Year Old Account
    7/21 not in.
    =\

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean numbers of players who got in. What time frames people should expect. Comments that they are giving reasonable effort to get people in as quickly as possible. Instead what you get is a very small number of players getting in and then cutting off invites in the middle of the day. There is no logic and little communcation outside of "Wave X just went out!".
    So let me get this right? They said they would do 5 waves of invites. (which they did, and even got a bonus wave in?) This is going to continue till the release of the game. What more do you need to know? why do you need to know exactly who got it? It seems to me people are just butt hurt they didn't get a invite the first day.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.