Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Instant adventure is fun.

It could be a little more challenging but instant adventure is easily one of the best new ideas for an MMO. Best way I can describe it is it'
    s a warfront for PVE'ers.

You get tons of reputation, a decent amount of money and most importantly time out of the cap city if there is no zone/world event taking place.

Deleted
    Yea they are amazing.
    I took my levels 48-50 in around 2 hours =)
    Too bad I'm all about warfronts and without tons of time to play, otherwise I would run them more
    A nice daily that gives stones if you complete 7 IA.
    A very good thing added to the game =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The next person to call Rift a copy gets a slap in the face. IA is the best thing to come to MMORPGs since raids.

It certainly is a fairly progressive idea. IA within Rift is in practice, kinda meh. As a feature though, I think it's a fairly important development stepping stone. I liken it to Lost Dungeons of Norrath in another thread in that it occurred to me during LDoN that future MMOs were going to follow the design principle from that point onward. I think the same will be true of IA in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    At an introductory level they are great I did the daily yesterday that required me to do 7 of them for 3 inscribed sourcestones. I noticed a few level 47 characters doing them and can see this as good alternate route for leveling the last 3 final levels. IA are something that from my point of view are good for casual players who may not raid and will get them out of the city etc. As an endgame raider as they stand I don't need or desire much loot that drops from them to advance my character but definitely continue to bring the MMO back to MMORPG. I can see that the foundation for them has been set and they will only get better in the hands of Trion.

If Trion does what I expect them too we might as well call this Beta Instant Adventures

THey are pretty awesome I must say. I hope they expand it to every zone. it would be an amazing leveling feature. No one has really mentioned it yet but the boss fight battles are just insanely good. Not hard or anything, but they are FUN fights with neat mechanics. There were things I would have done differently but I think credit where its due, this feature alone might have a huge impact on the future of MMO's

My Initial concerns about IA were that they would get repetitive and that I would tire out from farming the same mobs every single run, but I have yet to do the same quest "chain" twice. I also worried that it may be x-realm and eliminate the chance to meet new people, but it hasn't and there has been tremendous participation from loads of players on my realm. the Reputation, Experience, and practical gains (craft mats, sourcestones, costumes and even mounts?) from the adventures are incentive enough to participate if you have a free 10 mins on your hands.

I would personally love to see them expand this feature to include Ember Isle and other zones/quest chains in the future.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    My Initial concerns about IA were that they would get repetitive and that I would tire out from farming the same mobs every single run, but I have yet to do the same quest "chain" twice. I also worried that it may be x-realm and eliminate the chance to meet new people, but it hasn't and there has been tremendous participation from loads of players on my realm. the Reputation, Experience, and practical gains (craft mats, sourcestones, costumes and even mounts?) from the adventures are incentive enough to participate if you have a free 10 mins on your hands.

I would personally love to see them expand this feature to include Ember Isle and other zones/quest chains in the future.
    As I do think IAs are at its most basic form right now, Trion has something they can really build off of and continue make even better.

Im not sure it will ever go X-server being that they are not instanced and just in the actual open world.

Bucknaste Time!

I'd say it's a start Some of the IA's I've had have been good fun, with some mixed quests and decent bosses/wardstone defenses to end it. Others have been horrible tho, total zergfest where you were lucky if you actually got a shot in, topped off with a wardstone defense which felt the same way.

For Trion to build on this I think they should keep adding alternative stuff like where you have to use some vision to see stealthed mobs/crates, blow them up, plant trees and water them to stop them from burning etc. If they could find a way to get some "unique" mobs to spawn (as in, not there if you go to that spot outside of IA) that are scaleable to the group, get more bosses and fun stuff I think it could be a great success. What I don't like about it is the zerg lvl 47 mobs.

Also of course, adding it to ember isle opens quite an ocean of opportunities I think, and in future zones. This feature makes me think it's time for some elite areas in new zones. I know EI has one, but maybe not that fit for IA since it's so much running.

I'm glad I waited with this "review" because my two first IA's were tedious. Now I just had some rather nice ones

Trion have struggled with scaling in the open world content since.. alpha. Players are vastly more powerful than mobs- a number of players all at once can topple just about anything in the game. See: River Of Tears or any DRR.

It's a tough spot to be in though for Trion. On the one hand, they did have invasions/colossi cranked up but then smaller groups couldn't deal with the mobs. And it actually decreased playability. But the other side is that too easy & simplistic = zergathon.

Still, IA is a wildly progressive idea. Kind of a big deal that even exists.

It's a great idea, I hope they run with it and continue to improve it.

I've been disappointed that the few I've been on werent very populated... maybe 3-4 people.

On the plus side, I found the incidental completion of quests and rifts in the zone to be a helluva lot of fun, and I cant wait to see more of this.

In fact, I used to log into Rift and do the daily warfront, now I pretty much just do a few IA's til I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I've been disappointed that the few I've been on werent very populated... maybe 3-4 people.

On the plus side, I found the incidental completion of quests and rifts in the zone to be a helluva lot of fun, and I cant wait to see more of this.

In fact, I used to log into Rift and do the daily warfront, now I pretty much just do a few IA's til I get bored.
    People come and go pretty often in IA. I joined one yesterday and I was the first one in the group, but within 10 minutes we had a group of 20 running around. IA scales to how many people are in the group so even if there are only a few people in it the boss will be doable. I've been having lots of fun with IA so far. I do a few dailies, a Chronicles, and then jump in IA until I get tired. The plat and experience are good and yea, getting some incidental quests completed while doing IA is a win/win. I'm very happy with the addition of this feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone describe the IA in wow-ish terms? Just curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Well it's a dream for wow players really =) You join queue for anywhere (can jump in major city while doing it!!).
    When you get in you get teleported to the part of the world where the instant adventures take place. Once there you get into a group with other players and you get missions, killing a number of monsters, burn buildings, destroy items and so on. Every now and then there's a boss you need to kill as well. After every small mission you get your own loot that are used to buy items, enchant gear, buff yourself and so on.
    Also the adventure scales with numbers of players, so the content is on same difficulty weather you are 4 players or 20 =)

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Imagine you use the LFR tool but instead of a raid instance you get teleported to whereever your raid group is. You and 19 other crazy people get a never ending stream of quests to defeat enemies and capture objectives around the zone, culminating every half dozen or so quests with some form of giant boss type mob that needs a good spanking.

Although the scope of the quests is quite limited the fun is in zerging everything as your group is like a large unstoppable force, and the rewards (XP, items, tokens etc) are very nice. Gets twice as fun if an invasion kicks off at the same time, the zone literally feels like a warzone.

Had a blast in IA on my 49 mage last night. Was just kind of putting through the quest chains, pretty faceroll, then we got the objective to defend the wardstone at Zareph's Return. Holy Shit! There were about 10-15 of us, and we just got overwhelmed with a massive number of invasions. We wiped, but everyone was laughing and saying how much fun it was. Fought hard for what seemed like 5+ minutes, but kept falling farther and farther back until we were all out of mana and cds. We actually failed the quest. Got like 2-3k planarite and an epic staff though. Don't even know when I got the staff, just was in in my inventory after the fact. Moments like this are why I love Rift. Awesome stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The next person to call Rift a copy gets a slap in the face. IA is the best thing to come to MMORPGs since raids.
    Rift is a COP~ I keed, Its nice to see all the new content rift has been getting, quite fast too I might add. I honestly like Rift, wish I could afford to pay for 3 MMO's + Netflix + GAmefly + Xboxlive otherwise i'd still be playing it :\
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

10+ Year Old Account
    IA is pretty sweet ..i really enjoy it and can't wait for more Zones/Quests are added to it. With the recent buff they gave to the xp pay off it really makes good use of your time when trying to grind out that Planar Attunment.