Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

How the hell do you get over an ex?

So basicly i was with this girl for 2 years, they were the best 2 years of my life, i thought she was "the one" until things kind of went wrong, and due to circumstances i wont say here, we split up. Its been a while now, friends tell me i'll meet someone else and that it will all be ok, and i believe them to an extent, but the problem i have is this: I loved my ex too much for my own good.

Let me explain, basicly, i have no capacity to talk to other girls anymore, there are lots of them at work i could talk to, but i just.. cant. I seem to compare them instantly to my ex, making myself believe they couldnt ever be as good as her, i guess really i just cant see the good side of anyone at the moment, is this normal?

has anyone else experienced something like this?

just imagine her taking a shit. always works

Alcohol, lots of it.

Nah, kidding. I'd say give it more time, but, how long is "it's been awhile" anyways? Just curious.

Deleted
    Invite her to a barbeque.

Then eat her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazor View Post
    Pretty much everyone in their lives - several times.
    What you need is time ;
    the lenght of it depends entirely on you.

it's just a matter of time and distance.

it gets worse if you have any contact with her in any form. to truly move on, you must totally eradicate her presence in your life. time will do the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people said, it takes time. That's all there is to it. It sucks and is hard, but you'll get over it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things that help:

- Time.
    - Company. Lots o friends and party.
    - Don't be a douche and whine ALL THE TIME when you are with your friends. Once in a while it's ok, but get a grip and try to come to a good mood.
    - Hobbies. There are old ones and a big bunch of new ones you prolly never heard of.
    - Music. Doing and listening is always good.
    - Work / Travel. Don't sit around at home.

[...]

You just have to force yourself not to think of her until you can see the situation objectively. I was in a similar situation only I was the girl and for years I thought about him constantly. I even had dreams about him. Then I met my husband, and slowly started to think about him a little less. To this day I still think about him sometimes, but I realize it was for the best, as I love my husband very much and wouldn't have it any other way. You might just need to try putting yourself out there. Put aside the doubts and comparisons and go out with someone for coffee or dinner, you never know what might happen. I promise if you find someone new and give it a chance, you'll see things the way I do. It just takes time.

Time.

Ten characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, you need to go to youtube and type in "Metallica - Die my darling" after that, just give it time. Time heals all the wounds.
    And stop thinking of her. Stop comparing other girls to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazor View Post
    So basicly i was with this girl for 2 years, they were the best 2 years of my life, i thought she was "the one" until things kind of went wrong, and due to circumstances i wont say here, we split up. Its been a while now, friends tell me i'll meet someone else and that it will all be ok, and i believe them to an extent, but the problem i have is this: I loved my ex too much for my own good.

Let me explain, basicly, i have no capacity to talk to other girls anymore, there are lots of them at work i could talk to, but i just.. cant. I seem to compare them instantly to my ex, making myself believe they couldnt ever be as good as her, i guess really i just cant see the good side of anyone at the moment, is this normal?

"I loved my ex too much for my own good.". Probably more like she was the source of your happiness. And that's probably got something to do with the relationship result. I think you should stop worrying about having to talk to girls. Just talk to people. Guys or girls. You don't always have to be pursuing a relationship. Be by yourself. You sound like you need it for a while. If you can be okay on your own, and be happy being single, then you'll be a little more secure when a relationship comes around. But anyway, you have to deal with it. Stop thinking about her. Nobody is "the one". Because there are thousands of other people that are better than that one for you. And don't chase after her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifematters View Post
    Find another woman and fast.
    I would advice against that. It might be therapeutic for you, but it can end badly for anyone involved. This is not to say that if you happen to meet someone who you particularly like, you shouldn't take a shot. But don't date someone for the sake of dating someone.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

do whatever you want, you just got some freedom back. time will heal it.

the perfect girl i not always what you see.

Deleted
    3 months, 19 days, 7 hours, 45 minutes and 16 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sleep around with other girls
    Keep yourself busy
    Get rid of possible photos etc, might not wanne throw them away but stuff them in a box or something.
    Tell your mates that you would be glad if they could spend some more time with you the next couple of weeks cos you broke up
    Date other girls
    Work overtime/study harder

Some of those should at least make it a bit easier. Will still hurt but it is up to you how much you want it to hurt.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

This is going to sound harsh.

You get over an ex by getting over her. You tell yourself 'I'm done.' And then you're done. If you brood over it, you'll make yourself miserable. No point being miserable over something out of your hands. There's all sorts of things you can do to simply make yourself feel better, but they're pretty much all transient things. The only way to stop worrying over something is to actually put your foot on the brake and stop.

Deleted
    As many people have said, time is the best cure

Try and keep busy aswell, nothing worse than dwelling on the situation.

Deleted
    Hell, I had a fight with my best friend and we stopped talking to one another - THAT took over a year for me to get over! Thankfully, after we'd both healed the friendship was still there and we patched things up and are great friends again.

I can't imagine how long it'd take if something bad happened between me and my fiancé.

Moral of the story: Time heals wounds, but man can it take a long time. Hang in there!

Drinking and go out and grab the next one(its easier when you pushed your self esteem with some beer). Sex is smth which helps alot in this situation. The drinking on the other hand can be vary from human to human and helped me over 1 or 2 pretty hard moments.
    And after all I must say, youll have your weak moments, but staying at home now and do nothing wont help in any way. So go out, dont be too much emo and hf. Live goes on.