Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    We attempted Ultrax last night after getting Hagara down and ended up at 8% before healers couldn't keep us up, granted we were using a healer with offspec dps and a dps as offspec tank which would have accounted for about 2% or so.

Would the extra benefit from popping hero at the start (and getting it along with all other cooldowns up) account for the last ~6%?
    Possible but not guaranteed, it would increase your DPS but not maybe not by *that* much I don't think. But it also depends a lot on what kind of classes you have, some classes benefit a lot more from bloodlust at the start than others.

If anything I think your better bet would be to just heal for a few second longer. What heal comp are you using, what crystals are they taking and what CDs order do you use? A tiny change to the way you approach healing can mean an extra 20 seconds or so of survival which would easily down the boss for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    possibly ye, since all your dps should have their CDs and procs lined up with the BL at start.
    Would help a lot if you did that at the beginning. Along with pre-pot and all CDs + Bloodlust. Yeah that would bring a few % extra for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Yeah, umm... Don't listen to this unless you have a disc priest getting blue, which means you should change your strategy anyway.
    Paladin should get the blue, and paladins dont need teh bloodlust with it, so when our guild did it i just stayed out

We wiped 1% last night. Next time we're going to have our tanks get expertise cap and bring our smite priest in (he spilled coke on his computer and fried it before raid =.=) so that should make up the 1%. How are we meant to use raid CDs? We were having to pop Divine Guardian and tree form before 5:00 and after 5:30 the raid was unhealable. Are we meant to be going all the way until 6 minutes or is it just a cross your fingers and burn type deal after 5:30?

Deleted
    Great, we'll be using this tonight anyway but thought i'd ask as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Great, we'll be using this tonight anyway but thought i'd ask as well
    GL then Hope it can give you the few extra % for the kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We wiped 1% last night. Next time we're going to have our tanks get expertise cap and bring our smite priest in (he spilled coke on his computer and fried it before raid =.=) so that should make up the 1%. How are we meant to use raid CDs? We were having to pop Divine Guardian and tree form before 5:00 and after 5:30 the raid was unhealable. Are we meant to be going all the way until 6 minutes or is it just a cross your fingers and burn type deal after 5:30?
    Well what raid CDs do you have? I can't really help you without knowing your comp

Ideally though you should have EVERY raid cd and personal healer cd up for the 5:00 min mark. It depends on your comp if this is possible or not, but for most people it is. I assume you're going Resto Druid / Disc Priest? In that case do priest - red/blue and druid - green. Use all raid CDs early on in the fight (in a way that they are back up later) in order to conserve mana. Make sure it's early enough that they will be back up.
    At 4:58 - treeform, barrier, power infusion (on person without blue) and possibly archangel. Basically anything that takes a GCD use here
    At 5:00 - use tank raid CDs, they last longer due to Thrall buff so use them first, also healers pop Volcanic Potions
    Use tranquility when needed (before treeform and potion wear off though)

That should last you til 5:40 at least.

I have healed it to the 6 min mark but that's with a holy pally, without one I don't know. I think it's theoretically possible but it would depend on your healer's gear, but if your healers have the gear to do that then your DPS should have the gear to kill it in 5:30 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Well what raid CDs do you have? I can't really help you without knowing your comp

Ideally though you should have EVERY raid cd and personal healer cd up for the 5:00 min mark. It depends on your comp if this is possible or not, but for most people it is. I assume you're going Resto Druid / Disc Priest? In that case do priest - red/blue and druid - green. Use all raid CDs early on in the fight (in a way that they are back up later) in order to conserve mana. Make sure it's early enough that they will be back up.
    At 4:58 - treeform, barrier, power infusion (on person without blue) and possibly archangel. Basically anything that takes a GCD use here
    At 5:00 - use tank raid CDs, they last longer due to Thrall buff so use them first, also healers pop Volcanic Potions
    Use tranquility when needed (before treeform and potion wear off though)

That should last you til 5:40 at least.

I have healed it to the 6 min mark but that's with a holy pally, without one I don't know. I think it's theoretically possible but it would depend on your healer's gear, but if your healers have the gear to do that then your DPS should have the gear to kill it in 5:30 or less.
    We had Resto Druid + Holy Priest and next week we'll have Holy Priest + Disc Priest. I know right, we have a greater healer set up...

Paladins still gain extra ticks from Heroism + blue buff so just because they are GCD capped doesn't mean it doesn't matter - the HoT portion of Holy Radiance does significantly more HPS than the initial hit.

Deleted
    We had Resto Druid + Holy Priest and next week we'll have Holy Priest + Disc Priest. I know right, we have a greater healer set up...
    Well the order I put in is still more or less valid, just instead of Tranq you insert Divine Hymn. Also I think you should give green/blue to the holy priest and red to disc but I could be wrong on that. Red is definitely disc and green is definitely holy, blue can go either way I guess.

The comp really isn't that bad, they can both raid heal well and it should be doable with a small DPS contribution from your Disc. Again, remember to use raid CDs (like Divine Hymn) early on so that you can mitigate the early damage and therefore save on mana and allow the disc more DPS time. Just make sure it's early enough that they're back up for 5:00.

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 06:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    Paladins still gain extra ticks from Heroism + blue buff so just because they are GCD capped doesn't mean it doesn't matter - the HoT portion of Holy Radiance does significantly more HPS than the initial hit.
    I think it'll add 1 more tick to HR, so not THAT big of a deal. Holy Pally can heal to the end of enrage without it anyway. Still of course you're right, it's ideal to have it rather than not have it but IF a guild is facing deaths during the HoT/sated trick at the start then it's better to screw the pally lust and avoid those deaths.

I think we'll Feral druid 4 set at 5:00 (it lasts 40 seconds) and barrier at 5:00 then rallying cry and holy priest divine hymn at about 5:25. That should take us to 5:35-5:40 where I'm planning on the boss being dead.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-01-16 at 02:19 PM.

hah, never even thought about it. It anyways would give 14% boost to 40% of the healing

As the discussion went there, I'll ask one more question. We are going with pally+druid healers. What crystals should you recommend? Currently doing red for druid and green, changing to blue, for pally.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

I would suggest red for Paladin, green for Druid then have Paladin switch to blue.

Deleted
    A raid composition with several classes with terminate phase, like mage/rogue/cats, will it be worth it use bloodlust at the beginning?

I would suggest red for Paladin, green for Druid then have Paladin switch to blue.
    Druid seems unuseful at the end of fight then. Nevermind, just killed it nearly on 5:50 (we have some shitty DPS setup; classes, not players), so my strat works for us.
    Last edited by Sir Nikotin; 2012-01-16 at 07:44 PM.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    A raid composition with several classes with terminate phase, like mage/rogue/cats, will it be worth it use bloodlust at the beginning?
    Regarding DPS there is no difference mathematically if you BL at the start or execute (this was proven way back in Naxx 80 when people were debating whether to BL at the start or end of Patchwerk). BLing early may get a tiny benefit with more trinket procs and healer DPS if you are struggling with enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyoken View Post
    Regarding DPS there is no difference mathematically if you BL at the start or execute (this was proven way back in Naxx 80 when people were debating whether to BL at the start or end of Patchwerk). BLing early may get a tiny benefit with more trinket procs and healer DPS if you are struggling with enrage.
    I disagree, there is a mathematical difference. Most of the actual trinkets are not on use, so at the start all dps will have them and, for example, haste is a multiplicative stat, so in my case (mage) there will be a huge difference between start with bloodlust or don't. Because I'll have haste proc from yorsaj's trinket + troll racial + power infusion + bloodlust.

If bloodlust is used at 5min, I don't have neither proc trinket, nor troll racial (and probably nor power infusion).

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Extra tip: Whomever is getting blue can potentially stay in to keep healing so the raid doesn't all get low while the others are phased. You don't have to do this but it's an option to keep in mind if you get any issues.
    Still worth getting Bloodlust, even if you get blue, for the extra haste for hots.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    I disagree, there is a mathematical difference. Most of the actual trinkets are not on use, so at the start all dps will have them and, for example, haste is a multiplicative stat, so in my case (mage) there will be a huge difference between start with bloodlust or don't. Because I'll have haste proc from yorsaj's trinket + troll racial + power infusion + bloodlust.

If bloodlust is used at 5min, I don't have neither proc trinket, nor troll racial (and probably nor power infusion).
    You can use Berserking 2 times on a 5 minute fight (0:00, 3:00+), you can just save it for BL phase rather than using it as it comes off CD. You can also use PI 3 times in a 5 min fight (0:00, 2:00, 4:00+), so the last PI will be up before the 5 min mark. The only thing you can possibly be missing is maybe your proc trinkets.

This really just applies to fights over 5 minutes long because all DPS CDs can have their final use before the 5 minute mark.